PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Astley Mullholland
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Astley Mullholland  (Read 9509 times)

Longman

Astley Mullholland
« on: July 27, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »

Was very impressed with Astley last night, impish style, pacey and sharp.

Is this the same guy we had in the squad last season??  If so why did he never feature?  I know its hard to gauge against lower league opposition but he looked very useful indeed.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Astley Mullholland
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »

With his pace he will be a pain in the arse for many defenders to defend against, Yes he is slightly built but his natural pace it can only help him..  I'm sure with time he will fill out a bit more and be more physical..

Personally I would like to see him in the squad and wish him well..

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »

Looks a cracking player, took his goals well, couple of decent crosses, very fast and some good skills too.

A bit of a Chris Senior type player, don't let his height put you off!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

AltySi

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 12:11:22 PM »

I think we should take the gamble on him while we have the chance, and get him signed up. Did really well last night, would like to see him get an hour next Tuesday against Barrow, and then get him signed.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »

I think Lee potentially has a difficult decision to make now. I highly doubt our budget would allow us to bring in Mulholland and Rogan, so it appears he'll have to choose between the two. On the one hand, Rogan is "proven" at this level, having scored 20+ goals for Barrow a few seasons back. Then we have Mulholland, who appears to be an outstanding prospect, but lacks experience at this level. It's not an easy choice to make, but it's a nice problem to have at the same time.
Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:16 PM »

I think Lee potentially has a difficult decision to make now. I highly doubt our budget would allow us to bring in Mulholland and Rogan, so it appears he'll have to choose between the two. On the one hand, Rogan is "proven" at this level, having scored 20+ goals for Barrow a few seasons back. Then we have Mulholland, who appears to be an outstanding prospect, but lacks experience at this level. It's not an easy choice to make, but it's a nice problem to have at the same time.

Think we should go with mulholland

Red Black Red Black

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »

Agreed Mulholland looked very good

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »

I dont think we will have the choice to make,looks like rogan stated his intentions last night,I dont think the initial plan for the evening was to go with nicky clee as a loan striker!.....

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »

I dont think we will have the choice to make,looks like rogan stated his intentions last night,I dont think the initial plan for the evening was to go with nicky clee as a loan striker!.....

Maybe we'll bring in a striker on lone (sic).

;)
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »

Ho ho... x

Leighton_Alty

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »

Looked a top player, getting 2 goals and 2 assists off the bench at HT is good against any opposition! Looking forward to watching him against Barrow  :)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 03:31:25 PM »

Did Rogan not play a full 90 mins for Corby the night before? maybe he wasnt going to feature last night... Or have I got the wrong fella  ???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »

Rogan did play for Corby on Monday night. I've no idea what went on there and to be honest I don't think I'm interested, same for Chadwick at Stockport.

Mulholland did fairly well last night I thought but that was to be expected, Trafford are only one division higher than Fliton so if he got 45 goals in the division below it was odds on he'd probably do well last night playing for a dominant team.

Not to take anything away from him of course, he certainly seems to have pace which is something we lack really, one thing I would say in his favour was that Damien Reeves seemed to enjoy playing alongside him and making use of tha gaps Mulholland speed created.

I'd like to see a bit more I guess but certainly encouraging last night.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 06:37:37 PM »

I agree with the last post, and the effect it had on Damien Reeves. He found himself with more space, and last night started a more or less immediate understanding between the pair. We should capitalise on this sooner rather than later. I know it is early days, but the combination yesterday would have given BS Premier teams problems, let alone Trafford. I think we should take a gamble on this one, as I am almost certain the two forwards will cause problems, aside from Twiss's current good form.

The instant respect between the two was there for all to see after the game, and I suspect Damien may be having a quiet word with Lee Sinnott as well! If this one goes through we may have at least two 20- goalers next season - here's hoping!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »

Notice you have changed your user name again Pete.. Have you come into some money with a name like that  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Astley Mullholland