PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No point in mckenna tarnishing his legend status
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: No point in mckenna tarnishing his legend status  (Read 9758 times)

John W

Re: No point in mckenna tarnishing his legend status
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 06:34:44 PM »

That's what I said last week about Twiss.  Give him games and he'll get fit.  Sit him on the bench and he'll stay fat.  But irrelevant really though, as we are going down without a fight it seems.  Get em in tomorrow for extra sprint training to get some of the pounds off those who are blatantly unfit might help.  Only ones who've consistently impressed me this season are Brown, Clee and Densmore I have to say.

Heffer

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 06:36:59 PM »

That's what I said last week about Twiss.  Give him games and he'll get fit.  Sit him on the bench and he'll stay fat.  But irrelevant really though, as we are going down without a fight it seems.  Get em in tomorrow for extra sprint training to get some of the pounds off those who are blatantly unfit might help.  Only ones who've consistently impressed me this season are Brown, Clee and Densmore I have to say.

Brown has consistently impressed you this season?

Enough said! lol

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »

Reeves, Twiss/Macca. Reeves has started okay, quick, runs his bollocks off, and has hit a couple of goals. Given time, he'll make double figures in the league, I feel sure of it. Twiss, whilst he should have started off much fitter, has shown he's a really good Conference/L2 striker. REALLY good. Let's get the f**ker slimmed down, get him match practice, then start seeing the goals come. I also think Macca looks to have potential.

All crap! The only decent forward we has has been let go to Hyde!

It's not all crap at all. Twiss has an excellent goal record at this season. Excellent. He's only 32, I can't accept he's finished. If it takes making him run round the pitch for two hours every training session in order to get him fit then fine - let's do it. We need him.

Reeves has looked okay IMO. Couple of goals already, and that's in a side creating very little.

Much as I liked Dale, his goal record was dire. To claim he'd make the difference to our front line is nonsense.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 07:15:07 PM »

I have been very positive to date, but today's result tells me how bad it really is. The scoreline is an embarrassment. >:(

If it were possible I would get shut of 75% of the squad tonight, bring in a load of boys, and still achieve the same results. The difference would be that we would have some money in the bank for next season.

For me Denham seems to be our key asset, but he misses three games for every game he plays. If this is to continue, then maybe his wages could be better spent elsewhere. Just a thought.

Maybe I will feel better on Tuesday.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RocketDan

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »

Only ones who've consistently impressed me this season are Brown

Ryan Brown has been shocking.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »

The lad tries and has had some good games for us. He is one of those playere you would love to succeed.
However there was one incident today when he failed to control the ball and I dont expect the under 8's that I coach to make that kind of mistake.

John W

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »

The lad tries and has had some good games for us. He is one of those playere you would love to succeed.
However there was one incident today when he failed to control the ball and I dont expect the under 8's that I coach to make that kind of mistake.

Brown needs to be consistently played at wing back.  Do that and he will shine.  Whether the others will in that formation, probably not.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »

He might aswell walk away now with his head held high,weve signed a load of sh*t and he wont turn this around,rip it up and start again,agahst at what weve just been served up with,fair play to lawton for coming over to apologise,other than that, what a f**king shambles
I can see where you are coming from. If I was in Ken's position I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.
If I was the Board I would offer the job to Ken now. I wouldnt go for a Manager with no connection to the club who would come in with the 'win or bust' attitude. We have had those Managers in the past and in a short time they have nearly crippled the club.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »

Didn't see today's debacle, so I apologise for that.

Personally, I still think we can stay up. Maybe I'm mad, but here's my logic.

We still have the makings of a perfectly reasonable Conference keeper and back four.

Coburn, Densmore, Smith, Williams/Welch, Brown (Doughty in the New Year). Nobody can tell me that shouldn't be good enough for 20th or better.

When we're at full strength, we have a reasonable midfield.

Denham, Hewson/Crowell, Lawton, Clee. Hewson definitely has ability, if we can get him fit, he'll be good. I also know that Crowell can be good at this level - Vics Player of the Season a couple of years ago and made a very good start with us. Tom Kearney might be back in the New Year too, we all know he's a really good Conference player.

Reeves, Twiss/Macca. Reeves has started okay, quick, runs his bollocks off, and has hit a couple of goals. Given time, he'll make double figures in the league, I feel sure of it. Twiss, whilst he should have started off much fitter, has shown he's a really good Conference/L2 striker. REALLY good. Let's get the f**ker slimmed down, get him match practice, then start seeing the goals come. I also think Macca looks to have potential.

Finally, I think we're likely to use the Nash money to get in a couple of decent loan signings. That could be precisely the fresh impetus we need and be the catalyst for some wins.

I'm very disappointed tonight, but not despondent.

Come on Alty!

Now you have totally lost touch will all reality.

We lost 4 class players at the end of last season who have not been replaced.
Little - probablly the best striker in the Conference in  the last 5 seasons - would have shone even more in a better side. Sadly now at the end of his career. So dont expect a reincarnation.
Senior - great striker and a handful for any defence int the conference. POACHED away from us.
Young - probably one of the best Centre Halves in the Conference and would not be out of place in a League One side. He did have a lot to thank McGregor for. POACHED away from us.
Kearney - Great midfield player and brought the best out of those around him especially Matt Crowell. Sadly injured.

I am not saying some of thoose players of last season have suddenly become bad players but often average players are made to look great when playing with class players such as the 4  I mention above.

Sorry but there wasnt much on show today to give hope of survival this season and against a side we should be targeting for 6 points.

fuertes

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »

Now you have totally lost touch will all reality.

We lost 4 class players at the end of last season who have not been replaced.
Little - probablly the best striker in the Conference in  the last 5 seasons - would have shone even more in a better side. Sadly now at the end of his career. So dont expect a reincarnation.
Senior - great striker and a handful for any defence int the conference. POACHED away from us.
Young - probably one of the best Centre Halves in the Conference and would not be out of place in a League One side. He did have a lot to thank McGregor for. POACHED away from us.
Kearney - Great midfield player and brought the best out of those around him especially Matt Crowell. Sadly injured.

I am not saying some of thoose players of last season have suddenly become bad players but often average players are made to look great when playing with class players such as the 4  I mention above.

Sorry but there wasnt much on show today to give hope of survival this season and against a side we should be targeting for 6 points.

I agree the players who've gone are a loss, but I don't expect to drop from 14th to 24th as a result.

I'd also point out that Colin, as much of a legend as he undoubtedly is, did very little for us last season. He got so many niggly injuries that he didn't play much, and when he did he hardly scored.

So, that's Senior, Young and Kearney that we're missing. Reeves I think can be an adequate replacement for Senior. Not quite as good, certainly, but I think he could bag us 10-12 goals given decent service. I've already explained my thoughts on Twiss. Ridiculous that he joined so unfit, but he can do the business at this level. All is not lost.

Crowell looked the better of the two when he first joined along with Kearney. That was off the back of a really good season in the Conference in a terrible Vics side. I don't think we should conclude he's garbage after a few dodgy displays.

Young is a loss, but Smith, Williams and Welch are all decent defenders. Between them I think they should be able to do a job.

I can accept dropping to 18th-19th after our departures/inmjuries, but I just cannot accept we've gone from 14th to 24th as a result of three players no longer being available.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 08:49:55 PM »

I dont like to be alarmist,but today we really hit rock bottom,and was our worst performance since weve been back at this level.I can accept being patted on the head by york or oxford but not some f**king pub outfit that play in a bowling club....

fuertes

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »

I dont like to be alarmist,but today we really hit rock bottom,and was our worst performance since weve been back at this level.I can accept being patted on the head by york or oxford but not some f**king pub outfit that play in a bowling club....

Let's not get Billy Big Bollocks, it makes us look silly.

I'd rather have Eastbourne in this league than pricks like Kettering.

62vintage

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »

We could`nt go today, turns out not to be a bad thing. If we played as badly as is being said then hopefully on Tuesday there will be a positive
reaction from everyone.
We desperately need some confidence from somewhere, a stuffy goal or a backs to the wall display anything that helps will do.
I agree with some of the comments about our players not all being good enough or even fit, but I think Twiss will come good and we will survive. If we have reached rock bottom then we have to make sure the only way is up starting on Tuesday.

Anyone know how our balloons are doing? If we run another one I am going to buy enough to fill the goal never mind the defence!   
 ;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »

For what its worth my starting eleven for Tues would be:

Coburn
Densmore
Williams
Smith
Brown
Denham
Lawton
Danylyk
Clee
and two from Reeves, McCarthy and Twiss

9 of those lads were in the squad last season... Twiss was at Morecambe for most the season ffs.

Sit them down and tell them they are still good enough to compete in this year.. Then send them out there to run there fkn hearts out for the manager, the fans, and ALTY FC

That way we have half a fkn chance against Barrow.

I find it hard to fathom out why that we have gone from mid table to a fkn basement team in 9 games.

Cmon Alty

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 09:40:23 PM »

I find it hard to fathom out why that we have gone from mid table to a fkn basement team in 9 games.

If you look at the form table for the end of last season you will find that we were bottom, having only taken 2 points form our last 6 games.
So when we start the season collecting only one point against good sides, why is everyone surprised, especially taking the loss of quality players into the equation?

My biggest fear was realised when after struggling against good sides we took the gloom and doom into playing crap sides.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No point in mckenna tarnishing his legend status