PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No point in mckenna tarnishing his legend status
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: No point in mckenna tarnishing his legend status  (Read 9761 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 18, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »

He might aswell walk away now with his head held high,weve signed a load of sh*t and he wont turn this around,rip it up and start again,agahst at what weve just been served up with,fair play to lawton for coming over to apologise,other than that, what a f**king shambles

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No point in mckenna tarnishing his legend status
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »

Were we that bad?

robins1978

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 05:04:36 PM »

He might aswell walk away now with his head held high,weve signed a load of sh*t and he wont turn this around,rip it up and start again,agahst at what weve just been served up with,fair play to lawton for coming over to apologise,other than that, what a f**king shambles
So you think KM should leave as well then Pete? Lets see what happens against Barrow & Grimsby first mate. At least that will give board time time decide who will take over.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:08:39 PM by robins1978 »

Heffer

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »

Were we that bad?

We lose 5-0 to Eastbourne Borough and you query were we that bad?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 05:20:15 PM »

the likes of desmore , smith , clee , danylk , williams and denham dont become crap overnight, those 6 are defo bsp standard imo and maybe one or two others , either not motivated or not being motivated unless unfit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:22:03 PM by Timperley The Best »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 05:26:17 PM »

i was too bemused to clap at the end until robbie came over.. That took guts and was appreciated by me.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 05:26:48 PM »

the likes of desmore , smith , clee , danylk , williams and denham dont become crap overnight, those 6 are defo bsp standard imo and maybe one or two others , either not motivated or not being motivated unless unfit.

11 v 6 wont win you football matches.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »

Neither Danylyk nor Denham played today so to question their motivation is somewhat strange?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 05:44:32 PM »

Dave,with respect,we have just been bummed by the southern version of broadheath central,i mean ken shud wash his hands of it,and be remembered as the legend he was.Ive watched endless poor altrincham performances over the years,but today tops them all,especially considering the circumstances surrounding the game.We need 6 or 7 more players to even stand a chance of turning this round.Kenny didnt sign a load of oaps and unibond players on contracts,so he shudnt take the sh*t for it....

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 05:45:51 PM »

Read Hughesy's comment properly folks - we've SIGNED a lot of crap. None of those decent players mentioned above are new signings. The problem truly is that we've effectively got half a team because the existing players are having to carry inadequate newcomers !

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 05:53:05 PM »

Read Hughesy's comment properly folks - we've SIGNED a lot of crap. None of those decent players mentioned above are new signings. The problem truly is that we've effectively got half a team because the existing players are having to carry inadequate newcomers !

half the team werent up to stanard for the first two or 3 seasons when we came up but we did ok ,is the team on paper any worse than back then ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 06:02:54 PM »

I, for one, think it is. I don't think we're a lot worse defensively (Joseph is poor, but Smith and Williams cancel that out to some extent). It's easy to point the finger at the attack - but I think we've gone downhill in midfield. There's absolutely no creative spark.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »

Given that in the two past seasons Alty have finished in good positions and yet throughout this current campaign there has been a constant tinkering with midfield. Moans about creativity in midfield etc. Perhaps if the manager resorted to tried and tested with the likes of Lawton, Danylyk with the addition of Hewson & Clee, put Densmore back into a more defensive role and seriously question whether Crowell is as good as many believed after 5 games last season?

Let's open our eyes and play players in positions they are suited to. If their form dips then drop them etc no single player is bigger than the unity of the team.

fuertes

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 06:26:39 PM »

Didn't see today's debacle, so I apologise for that.

Personally, I still think we can stay up. Maybe I'm mad, but here's my logic.

We still have the makings of a perfectly reasonable Conference keeper and back four.

Coburn, Densmore, Smith, Williams/Welch, Brown (Doughty in the New Year). Nobody can tell me that shouldn't be good enough for 20th or better.

When we're at full strength, we have a reasonable midfield.

Denham, Hewson/Crowell, Lawton, Clee. Hewson definitely has ability, if we can get him fit, he'll be good. I also know that Crowell can be good at this level - Vics Player of the Season a couple of years ago and made a very good start with us. Tom Kearney might be back in the New Year too, we all know he's a really good Conference player.

Reeves, Twiss/Macca. Reeves has started okay, quick, runs his bollocks off, and has hit a couple of goals. Given time, he'll make double figures in the league, I feel sure of it. Twiss, whilst he should have started off much fitter, has shown he's a really good Conference/L2 striker. REALLY good. Let's get the f**ker slimmed down, get him match practice, then start seeing the goals come. I also think Macca looks to have potential.

Finally, I think we're likely to use the Nash money to get in a couple of decent loan signings. That could be precisely the fresh impetus we need and be the catalyst for some wins.

I'm very disappointed tonight, but not despondent.

Come on Alty!

Heffer

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »

Reeves, Twiss/Macca. Reeves has started okay, quick, runs his bollocks off, and has hit a couple of goals. Given time, he'll make double figures in the league, I feel sure of it. Twiss, whilst he should have started off much fitter, has shown he's a really good Conference/L2 striker. REALLY good. Let's get the f**ker slimmed down, get him match practice, then start seeing the goals come. I also think Macca looks to have potential.

All crap! The only decent forward we has has been let go to Hyde!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team