+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wanted

Author Topic: Wanted  (Read 1979 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Wanted
« on: May 13, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »

I'm looking to get hold of copies of the two books produced by Mark Harris, one was called Kingdom Come, and I can't remember the name of the earlier one, might have been "all the kings men".I was a lot younger when these books for first published. And I didn't take care of mine, and was wondering if anyone knows of where I could get hold of a copy of either,I'm willing to pay any asking price.

Thanks in Advance.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »

I'm looking to get hold of copies of the two books produced by Mark Harris, one was called Kingdom Come, and I can't remember the name of the earlier one, might have been "all the kings men".I was a lot younger when these books for first published. And I didn't take care of mine, and was wondering if anyone knows of where I could get hold of a copy of either,I'm willing to pay any asking price.

Thanks in Advance.

I have a copy I could sell if you want to pm me.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »

Thanks in Advance.

Hughesy,

The earlier volume was entitled "Altrincham Football Club 1992/93: The Inside Story Of A Season" and was indeed a Mark Harris production along with some assistance from the legendary Brian Flynn.

Highly recommended - both for the image of a fresh-faced Brian Flynn on page 26 and the numerous photographs within of the immortal Tunna himself!

Sportspages used to stock it when they were based in Manchester but I'm not sure where you would find that one now, to be honest.

Perhaps Mark Harris might still possess a few spare copies?

If you want me to email him on your behalf, just let me know.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:01:43 AM »

I only have Kingdom come, a great book made better by Flynny slaughtering the fringe players in the pen pics at the back!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »

I only have Kingdom come, a great book made better by Flynny slaughtering the fringe players in the pen pics at the back!

Brian Flynn: the Simon Cowell of Non League Football.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 01:14:52 AM »

Brian Flynn: the Simon Cowell of Non League Football.....

Truly Dreadful

Regards
Dave Martindale ;D

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:56:01 AM »

Jesus, I had a copy of Kingdom Come, had to run across the pitch to the main stand at the end of a match at Welling Utd to pick my copy up from Mr Harris.

Who knows where it is now, maybe in my parents loft. If I ever find it is will not be for sale! Sorry Pete..
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wanted