PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 players gone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 3 players gone  (Read 12712 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 3 players gone
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 03:46:58 PM »

Finally who do we believe to be three mauling over other deals?

Mauling players - whatever next  ;)
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »

Shame about lane good solid player, Peyton never looked premiership player but wish him luck , Joe  was never given a fair chance this season in my opinion .

lukealty12

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »

I think johnson wants full-time football

fuertes

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 05:57:38 PM »

I think johnson wants full-time football

I think he had a 7/10 season. Improving certain aspects of his game could lead to him eventually being a Football League player, but I'd be a little bit surprised if he managed to get a full-time deal this summer. If he does get an offer then you'd have to say fair enough. The thought of playing football all day and not needing a proper job is brilliant.

The proviso being, of course, that he doesn't realise his full-time professional dream by signing for Macclesfield Town.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »

If Dale does go, will we regret releasing Joe?

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 07:17:15 PM »

I'd assume the decision to release the players was only taken once it was sure that the players who have that position are staying.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 08:38:07 PM »

If Dale does go, will we regret releasing Joe?

In a word, no.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

alty_fc_senny

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 08:40:33 PM »

Good luck too all 3 of them, agree with most other comments really. Joe and Warren always put in the effort but this year havent really looked up to standard this year IMO. Suprised about Laney although i know GH would have kept them all if he could. Good luck to them all

lukealty12

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 10:10:40 PM »

Ive also heard that him and densemore have both recieved other offers.

Jenga

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 10:41:11 PM »

Only just seen this post as I  have been ill, I suggested that 4 players should go and 6 should come in.

Funnily enough the three who have gone were 3 of my 4.

I still wont say names but one more for me needs to go. The fourth one I know if I even did mention him i would be get crucified by the faithful.

Got to say though that all three had great moments.

Laney sured up our weak defence, Joe was player of the season and Wazza was dependable in every postion he played and was one you could always rely to do a grear job.

Off to bed now to see if i can shake this illness off, feel cold and achy and i need sympathy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:45:14 PM by Jenga »

markecky

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2009, 11:17:18 PM »

I still wont say names but one more for me needs to go. The fourth one I know if I even did mention him i would be get crucified by the faithful.

One of the league top scorers for the last three years perhaps?

gunners11

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »

good luck and thank you for keeping alty up sorry to see all 3 top players go 

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2009, 11:59:35 PM »

Good luck to the three of them.

Suprised at Laney leaving, thought he has enough experience/quality at this level - not to mention being a scouse sick head.

Warren was my favourite player in the team - just for the fact he always gave 100% despite missing that pen against luton and being out of his depth against the big boys in the league

Joe scored some massive goals against northwich and what not, but was inconsistent and didn't really have a future at the club being denham, little, senior and johnson.

Controversial maybe and to reiterate that I have no agenda with regard any one of the four strikers named above but I'm sorry...if our future is a player in his mid thirties then we have issues to address.

Surprised that Laney has gone.

Disappointed that Warren  has been released tbh. He was the only one with the balls to take the penalty against Luton (reportedly) and never got the run in the team in one position to let him establish hisself. maybe a victim of his own versatility.

Always rated Joe...didn't score as many as he might but his hard work made space and opportunity for others.

Good Luck to all three and many thanks for your service

Jacko

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 08:03:13 AM »

have to remember also that dale wasnt getting as regular a start as he may have wanted at times, i think its probebly another conference side up north offering him not to far off what we are now, fingers crossed

markecky

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 08:21:13 AM »

Controversial maybe and to reiterate that I have no agenda with regard any one of the four strikers named above but I'm sorry...if our future is a player in his mid thirties then we have issues to address.

I give up on the Coiln Little debate.

It must be me who is mad.

Of course he is not getting any younger and he may not play a full game every week but his touch and finishing is still superb.   We aren't gping to pick up another Colin Little from Bacup Borough on £200 a week.

The man scores goals at the top level year on year and can still do a job, and yet we should just realease him?

Baffles me...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 players gone