PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 players gone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 3 players gone  (Read 12715 times)

Altyant

Re: 3 players gone
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »

Gutted we cant sing Laney's song anymore :(

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »

how many scousers have we got at the club at the moment, is it a possible all time low for the club? for as long as i can remember we have had a hoard of scousers at the club.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 12:16:54 AM »

how many scousers have we got at the club at the moment, is it a possible all time low for the club? for as long as i can remember we have had a hoard of scousers at the club.

James Smith, Shaun Densmore and Robbie Lawton.

(Matt Doughty was born in Warrington, so does he count as a 'plastic scouser'...?).

I suspect that our lowest contingent of scousers at the club in recent times occurred during the era of Gerry Quinn as Alty's manager from 1992-1993, when we imported a host of characters from Yorkshire, including the majestic figure of Ian Tunnacliffe himself.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Froz

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »

From main site. GH has released 3 players;

1. Lane
Thought he had done well, maybe we have a bit more defensive cover, although lane played well all over the back line.

2. (Super) Joe O'Neill
Height and strength the best thing about joe, although never looked liked scoring many. With Denham, little, senior and Johnson, probably have enough cover upfront.

3. Warren Peyton
Commitment was always there, but never really looked "conference premier" player. Probably best remembered for building the snack bar and turnstiles.

Not too sure that I would ever use strengeth and Joe O'neil in the same breath!

Good luck to all three players

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »

(Matt Doughty was born in Warrington, so does he count as a 'plastic scouser'...?).

I suspect that our lowest contingent of scousers at the club in recent times occurred during the era of Gerry Quinn as Alty's manager from 1992-1993, when we imported a host of characters from Yorkshire, including the majestic figure of Ian Tunnacliffe himself.

Might have been more than you think, Joe Paladino, Mickey Hayde, John Smith, Steve Saunders..

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 09:40:51 AM »

Might have been more than you think, Joe Paladino, Mickey Hayde, John Smith, Steve Saunders..

Ballers,

John Smith and Steve Saunders weren't around for the start of the 1992/93 season though.

How many scousers are there in this Alty team that played Macclesfield Town on 8th September 1992?

1. Mike Pollitt
2. Paul France
3. Ray Sidderley
4. Clive Freeman
5. Russell Green
6. Mick Farrar
7. Charlie Bradshaw
8. Ian Thompson
9. Ricky Harris
10. Mick Carmody
11. Simon Woodhead
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Lew Needham

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 10:58:49 AM »

Wish the players all the best.

However, I see it as a good sign. I agree with the general consensus that Lane was the surprise out of the three. However, we have the following cover based on who can play where:-

Goalkeeper- Coburn/Acton

Right Back:- Smith/Densmore/Mcgregor?

Centre Back:- Young/Mcgregor/Welch?/Smith

Left Back:- Doughty

Right Mid:- Densmore/Denham/Senior

Left Mid:- Denham/Senior/Doughty

Centre Mid:- Robbie/Danylyck/Densmore/Street

Striker:- Little/Johnson/Senior/Denham

Left side is where we are VERY short.

Just imagine if we could get JJ or Ellison that would solve that issue. Then as I’ve said before the area I feel we should attempt to improve is Centre Mid.

Finally who do we believe to be three mauling over other deals?

I think it could be Denham/Mcgregor/Welch?

brian1925

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »

Densmore will surely be one of those 3 players.

Jezza

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »

Good luck to all three.

You only miss something when it's gone and now we can remember some of Joe's crucial goals.

fuertes

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »

Glad to hear most of the team has agreed to stay. I'm hopeful the lads giving it thought at the minute will do the same, I wouldn't want any of the players we have in the squad to go.

Left flank is indeed the area in need of reinforcements. I'd love Ellison back. Likelihood is pretty low, but I can dream. I do think there's a decent chance we could get JJ if Heathcote wanted him though.

I'm also hopeful GH can pull off another excellent raid of the lower leagues and find us a gem. There's no doubting his knowledge of the local non-league game.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 12:37:44 PM »

I have read somewhere that the reason Kevin is leaving Chester is because he wants to stay in the Football League

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 01:06:15 PM »

Ballers,
John Smith and Steve Saunders weren't around for the start of the 1992/93 season though.

You didn't specify the start of the 1992/93 season so not really applicable.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 01:48:49 PM »

I'm sure I remember John Smith that year. I think it was when the bar ran out of Merlot  8)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »

Good luck to the three of them.

Suprised at Laney leaving, thought he has enough experience/quality at this level - not to mention being a scouse sick head.

Warren was my favourite player in the team - just for the fact he always gave 100% despite missing that pen against luton and being out of his depth against the big boys in the league

Joe scored some massive goals against northwich and what not, but was inconsistent and didn't really have a future at the club being denham, little, senior and johnson.

Alex

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 03:44:47 PM »

Finally who do we believe to be three mauling over other deals?

from what ive heard it could be: Densmore, Smith & Johnson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 players gone