PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v AFC Telford Matchday thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alty v AFC Telford Matchday thread  (Read 6631 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty v AFC Telford Matchday thread
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 12:48:55 AM »

Had Telford been a bit more clinical in front of goal they would have won tonight.

LS . We need the midfield sorting. We told you Saturday that it shouldbe Damo & James up front. You seemed to agree with that.

Now were telling you that we need a ball winning midfielder. Don't left t this season drift into midtable mediocrity. Time really isn't on our side anymore.

Wilkinson doesn't cut the mustard he was clueless tonight.

Send Joe back to the Shrimpers.

Havern & Leather were immense again tonight.

on't blame the conditions in your after match interview, its the same for everyone.

Agree with all of that.......with the exception that if Telford had been 'more clinical' upfront tonight they would have not just won, but won easily......... they should have wrapped the game up  before H/T......we were lucky to be level...it should have been game over

Second half got better when two ineffective players were replaced.............championship over unless there are some positive changes....we keep trying but things don't seem to work out....Danny H / Joe M / Junior S etc...........maybe a miistake releasing Bosh.......but still think we will make the play-offs

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 08:00:30 AM »

no, midfield . and as i have stated before, s coburn hang ya boots up . lucky  to get 6th place on last nights performance.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »

so what did Stu do  upset you ?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 08:21:18 AM »

no, midfield . and as i have stated before, s coburn hang ya boots up . lucky  to get 6th place on last nights performance.
stu hang your boots up? How random

One of the few players that actually gives a flying f**k
ParkINson's red and white army

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »

MAYBE IF HE ACTULLY MOVED NOW AND AGAIN , I DONT THINK I HAVE SEEN HIM CATCH A CORNER BALL.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 09:27:42 AM »

The last two results on their own are decent results , that if you beat Gainsborough, Worcester, Gloucester etc but it still 2 points from 12, like I've said elsewhere, we desperately need a spark from somewhere. A quality midfield Rambo and maybe a bit of pressure on,because we need to see more hunger to get us back where we should be.. Miss out this time and we'll be here for years, simple. Southport, tamworth Ebbsfleet and woking are all capable of getting back within a couple of seasons, why should we be any different? Especially with the players we've had at our disposal in the last three seasons..

eightiesrobin

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 09:43:48 AM »

MAYBE IF HE ACTULLY MOVED NOW AND AGAIN , I DONT THINK I HAVE SEEN HIM CATCH A CORNER BALL.

I didn't see the Telford goal, was up the other end. All I saw was the net bulge followed by Stuart waving his hands angrily after, which he seems to do a lot lately.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 10:32:30 AM »

Stu did seem to be glued to his line on a number of occasions, including the goal. I hate to suggest that he isn't the force of old, and he's still better than many in this league, but he can't last for ever, and I believe we should be starting to look for a long term replacement.

VofD

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 02:42:42 PM »

Stu can't move off his line because there are so many players in the box due to Sinnout's bloody "everybody back" system. >:( >:(

Alty_best

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »

No One can blame stu for the losses we had. It the defence we need to work on

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 03:47:09 PM »

I didn't see the Telford goal, was up the other end. All I saw was the net bulge followed by Stuart waving his hands angrily after, which he seems to do a lot lately.

i would wave angrily at a few of them if I was sat behind them
ParkINson's red and white army

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 04:27:32 PM »

Stu can't move off his line because there are so many players in the box due to Sinnout's bloody "everybody back" system. >:( >:(

I for one totally agree. Look at Chelsea on Monday evening, they kept two up field when City had a corner or free kick.

It means the attacking side have to employ two or three back on the half way line to counter this.

In addition it also gives the defending team possible target men when the ball is cleared. They may not always win possession but however many times they do win the ball in percentage terms, it's a damn site better than the 100% success rate the attacking side have in immediately returning the ball when there is no one from the defending side up front.

I remember seeing the Germans in Euro 96 playing with their two wingers stood on opposite touchlines on the halfway line against Czechoslovakia when the Czech had a corner.

Simples ?   

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »

No One can blame stu for the losses we had. It the defence we need to work on
[/quote the defence is fine it's the midfield that leaves us exposed to not replace boshell or even better keep him is madness this clubs to nice

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 08:23:24 PM »

Stu didn't move off his line at every corner because he was blocked by Telford's number 11 who did an excellent job of keeping him glued to the line. Stu did a poor job of getting clear of him. Once the number 11 was substituted Stu had all the room he needed. It had nothing whatever to do with Sinnout's policy.

Please don't take that as any sort of a defence of Sinnout. Perish the thought!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v AFC Telford Matchday thread