PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warning - non-Alty post : Old foes do the right thing
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Warning - non-Alty post : Old foes do the right thing  (Read 8743 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »

Hucknall Town have reverted to completely amatuer status in order to pay off their debts - no wages for any playing or coaching staff etc.

It not long ago that they won the Unibond and qualified for promotion to the Conference (the season before we got promoted). They now play in the Evo-stick south
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Robin Reliant

Re: Warning - non-Alty post : Old foes do the right thing
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:41:59 AM »

Sad to see any club in financial trouble, but great to see a positive attitude to putting it right instead of running to administration and leaving creditors high and dry.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »

Hucknall are to be applauded for doing things the right way. Good luck to them. I sincerely hope they can "right the ship" and come back up the Pyramid little by little.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »

Hucknall is a nice club as I recall. Amazing to think that last time we played there they were getting ready to play in the FA Trophy Final and seemed to be on a definite upward charge. How quickly times can change.

Good luck to them.
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »

right thing to do.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 02:04:29 AM »

Hucknall is a nice club as I recall. Amazing to think that last time we played there they were getting ready to play in the FA Trophy Final and seemed to be on a definite upward charge. How quickly times can change.

Good luck to them.

Did we not play them in our promotion year? I was only young at the time but can recall a strange match where we were already in the playoffs (or something like that) and we just didnt peform and got a bit of a drubbing, G H came on the supporters coach and apologised for the display. Someone knows what im on about here and i will be happily corrected, always thought it was Hucknall though.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 08:22:42 AM »

last game of the season we got into the play offs with a 4-2 defeat at huckers.....incidentally me and the the then Hucknall chairman's wife have quite a thing going on for each other  ;D ;D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »

Good luck to them.

Did we not play them in our promotion year? I was only young at the time but can recall a strange match where we were already in the playoffs (or something like that) and we just didnt peform and got a bit of a drubbing, G H came on the supporters coach and apologised for the display. Someone knows what im on about here and i will be happily corrected, always thought it was Hucknall though.

Absolutely correct I have many memories of this game :-

Gary Scott scored a 30yard screamer

The Hucknall Board of Directors were in fancy dress - the Chairman was George Melly

GH got sent off at the end - it was our most goals conceded all season (4)

To get in the play-offs we had to perform better than Harrogate - the tannoy announcer kept us up to date with things - when it got to Southport 5 Harrogate 0 before half time we thought 'what could go wrong now'. Losing did us a favour - we avoided Droylsden in the play-offs (we would have lost !)

Going into the bar at half time.........packed out with old fellas playing cards and dominoes. Some of them even asked me the score !

The Wetherspoons did a 'two for fiver' deal. Cottage pie was only available on the 2 for 5 menue and understandably they would not let me have one meal for £2.50. I had two portions of cottage pie and chips before the game and was too stuffed to jump when we scored
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:37:16 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »

Good luck to them.

The Hucknall Board of Directors were in fancy dress - the Chairman was George Melly

To get in the play-offs we had to perform better than Harrogate - the tannoy announcer kept us up to date with things - when it got to Southport 5 Harrogate 0 before half time we thought 'what could go wrong now'. Losing did us a favour - we avoided Droylsden in the play-offs (we would have lost !)

Going into the bar at half time.........packed out with old fellas playing cards and dominoes. Some of them even asked me the score !

The Wetherspoons did a 'two for fiver' deal. Cottage pie was only available on the 2 for 5 menue and understandably they would not let me have one meal for £2.50. I had two portions of cottage pie and chips before the game and was too stuffed to jump when we scored

Do you keep a journal Mick?

jimmyhank

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »

Highly commendable. Good luck to them.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »

Good luck to them.

Do you keep a journal Mick?

Move over Pukka Pie Man - Cottage Pie Man is planning a takeover bid  ;)

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 07:25:08 PM »

Good luck to them.

My top memory of that day is Dalton Steele yelling "Don't f****** shoot" just as Scotty let fly from 30 yards ... what do assistant managers know about the game?

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »

Ah ! But WAS it cottage pie - or (George) Shepherd's pie ?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 09:53:11 PM »

Ecky / Ray........your posts have give me a good old laugh !............journal indeed, what a cheek.

It was just a memorable event - my sons first away game and by the way he had the fish and chips  ;D

Having said that, there are several people on the popside who make copious notes during every game....and I know for certain they are not club scouts !
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:54:46 PM by Mick »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 09:55:36 PM »

Ecky / Ray........your posts have give me a good old laugh !............journal indeed, what a cheek - It was just a memorable event  ;D

Having said that, there are several people on the popside who make copious notes during every game....and I know for certain they are not club scouts !
[/b]

I can vouch for that - They like there stats on the popular side.....
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team