PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GOOOOOOOAL! James Lawrie goal on ALty TV Facebook
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: GOOOOOOOAL! James Lawrie goal on ALty TV Facebook  (Read 11625 times)

andrewflynn

Re: GOOOOOOOAL! James Lawrie goal on ALty TV Facebook
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »

As I said in the other thread started by Phil. I still fail to see why players would see smoke bombs being thrown on to the pitch as something to enjoy.

Smoke bombs being thrown onto the pitch, maybe not. But we have had our own players going on record saying that the flare during the Brackley play-off home leg actually added to the atmosphere. Duncan Watmore mentions it in his leaving-interview, and many of the squad that season shared photos of it after the game. In my opinion it was the reason we went on to win; it created an atmosphere on the terrace that willed our players forward.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »

Thanks to the fella who makes the videos, I have been waiting for this game for years but was out of the country so could'nt make it. The flare at Brackely was amazing and the smoke bombs look great on this video, plus it will really have wound up the sheep fiddlers!
 Well done to the young lads still creating a great atmosphere at Moss Lane... As long as there kept to special occasions and done safely then I have no issues :)
keep it up lads!! ;D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »

I love the relatively low key 'oh, it's a great effort' (as if Brian thought it was going over maybe?) followed by the absolute explosion of noise.

Who knows what was going on in my head but I think that's probably spot on Leon.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 10:02:15 PM »

Was I the only one who was unable to listen to the commentary the other night? It didn't work for some reason despite trying it on a few different devices.

We had a technical problem which meant that we couldn't broadcast from about 15 minutes to half time.Enter Dan the Techknowledgey man, who heroically identified that the USB port on my laptop wasn't charging the mobile internet device....& we were back on for the whole of the second half. This might not answer your question, but at least explains what happened.

If you get a chance, it's worth listening to the recording as you get a personal mention in added time :o

https://soundcloud.com/radio-robins/altrincham-1-macclesfield-town-0

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »

Thanks for all the positive comments on this thread.....the appreciation does make it all worthwhile :)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 04:07:22 AM »

I enjoyed the reaction (or lack of it as they were stunned frozen solid) from the away fans behind the net the ball hit.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 10:57:33 AM »

Was I the only one who was unable to listen to the commentary the other night? It didn't work for some reason despite trying it on a few different devices.

We had a technical problem which meant that we couldn't broadcast from about 15 minutes to half time.Enter Dan the Techknowledgey man, who heroically identified that the USB port on my laptop wasn't charging the mobile internet device....& we were back on for the whole of the second half. This might not answer your question, but at least explains what happened.

If you get a chance, it's worth listening to the recording as you get a personal mention in added time :o

Thanks for the info, Brian.

If the mention is for the reason I'm thinking, I will give it a miss as I don't enjoy being reminded about it at the best of times.   :)
Come on Alty!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 10:29:47 PM »

Thanks for the info, Brian.

If the mention is for the reason I'm thinking, I will give it a miss as I don't enjoy being reminded about it at the best of times.   :)

Completely understandable sir. Youthful exhuberance that will always be part of club folklore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GOOOOOOOAL! James Lawrie goal on ALty TV Facebook