News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 O/T F1 question for Simon Arron

Author Topic: O/T F1 question for Simon Arron  (Read 2020 times)

Unemployed Coalminer

« on: July 07, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »

Simon

Next time you interview Max and Bernie can you get them to ban wings and halve the width of the tyres? After yesterday they shouldn't need much convincing that less grip equals more excitement and spectacle. Sweeten it up a bit by saying TV viewing fiigures are bound to double.

Let me now how you get on.

Cheers

Ian

Simon Arron

Re: O/T F1 question for Simon Arron
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »

Ian

The prospect of a simultaneous audience with those two is no more likely than Alty sticking eight past Woking on the opening day.

What you write makes perfect sense, so obviously – being F1 – it won’t happen.

GP2 proves that you can generate entertaining racing with wings and wide tyres, so long as the aero is relatively unsophisticated, electronics are banned and you pack the field with a cocktail of genuinely talented youngsters and raw, 19-year-old Italians whose primary function is to create mayhem.

The sport’s powerbrokers have been talking for eons about spicing up the show, but trying to get two F1 team principals to agree on a future direction borders on the impossible. If you involve 10, it becomes harder than Gerry Casey.

Cheers,
SA

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:58:40 PM »

Allowing the teams to write the technical regulations is never going to put the spectator first unfortunately.

I was lucky enough to be at Maggotts when Lewis Hamilton pulled of his audacious passing manoevure in the GP2 race two years ago. I'd rather watch a GP2 race anyday. Actually the Formula Ford Festival was always my favourite.

Cheers for the answer.

Simon Arron

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »

I'm with you completely on the Festival. I was there every year from 1982 until the Zetec rot set in.

thegazelle

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »

oi its a football board Arron dont come on here with your F! globetrotting internationally reknowned really famous ways we remember you when you worked for the Alty guardian

Talk of another hardraw reunion in november has been mooted this week, you up for it?.

Simon Arron

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 08:31:03 PM »

Sorry Mr Landlord, sir.

In my defence, and in the interests of balance, I did manage to weave the Woking game and Gerry Casey into my answer to a motorsport question.

Hardraw/Hawes sounds good. The last of the races I'm not allowed to mention is on Sunday November 2 and I'll probably be back in the UK by Tuesday. If I'm free, I'd love to join you.

Yrs feeling knackered having just worn the stripes in a 10-a-side match on a full-size pitch,
SA
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team