News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Full time question?

Author Topic: Full time question?  (Read 2197 times)

Jacko

Full time question?
« on: July 06, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »

Bit of a tough question really, for conferance clubs to live within their means realistically do they need to reach crowds of a certain average per game eg 1500,

I appreciate there are other factors eg sponsoship etc but my point is surely if the fa wanted to make sure less teams fold each year there would be some pretty sharp regulations,

These wreckless blood sucking leach type owners need stopping and will the powers that be just sit back forever?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Full time question?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:15:12 PM »

But would you not turn alty full time if you were the chairman and were loaded?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 07:20:54 PM »

You can't stop someone investing money into a business.  If they stopped sugar daddy chairman then they would just become the £1 million shirt sponsors.

I believe the way to go is what they are trying now, checking that regular payments are being made on the tax and VAT

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:24:28 PM »

The sanctions are poor though. We'll slap a transfer embargo on any club not playing tax, er due to transfer windows you can't buy anyone for 4 or 5 months of the season anyway.

Foz

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 08:33:11 PM »

You can't stop someone investing money into a business.  If they stopped sugar daddy chairman then they would just become the £1 million shirt sponsors.

I believe the way to go is what they are trying now, checking that regular payments are being made on the tax and VAT

Yes, I totally agree. THe expense that never seems to get paid when clubs hit trouble is the VAT and IR, which is mainly due to the size of the bills. In effect, if they are checking these are being paid, at least they are limiting the debts that can be run up.

The one other thing I would do, is limit the ways that directors can put money into the clubs, directors loans seems to be the other major way in which debts accumulate quickly. thus, if directors do want to put money in, they have to donate it!

radcliffe alty

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »

But would you not turn alty full time if you were the chairman and were loaded?

I don't know whether we will ever go full time-  to be honest I do not think it is neccessary to survive in the Conference, and as more clubs begin to implode I think we'll see a more even spread of part time teams in the Conference and hence be on a more level playing field. But if we did go full time I think it would  kill a little bit of the soul of our great, proud, non-league and part time football club. It just wouldn't seem the same.

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 11:51:39 PM »

out of intrest what percentage of clubs in the conf north and south are full time?

Jacko

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 12:17:59 AM »

all i'd do is make sure we have appropriate all round facility's (which is being done) then set a base players wage budget  on last seasons income,

then use my own poket to pay for short term loan players (less risk) to keep us up, then hope for better crowds as a result of fruits of facility's,

sorry you did ask lol!!!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Full time question?