News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan Players

Author Topic: Loan Players  (Read 1741 times)

Red n White

Loan Players
« on: July 05, 2008, 05:33:42 PM »

My post relates to Loan players and the fees/wages involved.

Last season we saw a mid season influx of loan players which very nearly kept us out the bottom four. However, last year we had a more depleted squad so the budget was probably there to bring in these players. This year we look to have a bit more strength in depth with the early signings that have been made so hopefully we won't need to make as many loan signings.

Does anyone know how it works when a player comes on loan? Do we just simply pay his wages or a proportion of them? If we where loaning an older player that other clubs didn't want I can see that would be the case. However, for youngsters like Shotton would we have paid any of his wages? As surely Stoke would see it as a benefit to them as he would be getting first team experience?

I was just interested to know if anyone could shed any light on this?

markecky

Re: Loan Players
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:59:45 PM »

As far as I know, based on fact from a few years ago and I doubt its changed, its entirely up to the clubs to agree between themselves.

Sometimes the loaning club will pay 100%, sometimes 50%, although I doubt it ever goes much lower than that.

It probably depends on the standard of player as well.  If he is on £2000  a week at a championship club but isn't any good and is not getting in the side, the best he may do is Conf level.  Its unlikely that most conf clubs won't pay that but they may pay say £1000 of it (not us obviously).

The club loaning then has to weigh up the fact that it could get an unhappy player out of the club and get a £1000 a week for doing so.  Or he could mope about and moan about not playing and drag everyone else down.

Or they could have a great 18yr old who will benefit a conf club on £300 a week and a conf club will be be very happy to pay 100% of that.   It could two clubs competing and if one offers to cover 60% (us) and another a 100% (Vics) then the club will no doubt send him to the 100% club.

Not decisive I know but pretty sure that how it works

altyf

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »

I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I am sure it works just like when you sign a player, in terms of negotiating with the club and the player. It is up to the club to decide how beneficial the loan will be for them and therefore what percentage of the player's wages they are willing to pay while he plays elsewhere. It is then up to the player to decide whether he wants to play at that level and accept the offer. So I imagine it works something like this:

1-Alty put in an offer to the club to loan a player, stating what percentage of the wages they want to pay and the duration of the loan.
2-If the offer is accepted, it is then up to the player whether he wants to leave his current club and play at that level.
3-If the player accepts the offer, then his two clubs, pay a percentage each towards his wages (unless his new club is paying 100%)

For the player and the club to accept the loan offer, I suppose it depends on the players current wages and situation. If he's not playing first team football and is on a relatively low wage then both clubs can benefit from his new club paying 100%

Hope this is right and helps out  :)

malcolm

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »

The parent club sometimes gets a loan payment also I remember Stoke paid £100k to Newcastle end of last season for a player to go there on loan.
So there are no rules as such depens on the 2 managers.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »

As I was aware if there is a loan payment then the player cannot be recalled, if there isnt he can be recalled with one or two days notice
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan Players