News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight....

Author Topic: Tonight....  (Read 1627 times)

bumble

Tonight....
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:36:31 PM »

Superb. Beating Barcalona-esque Boston was tough in both the away games this season...

From the off, we just attacked.... Man of the match for me was Matt Doughty. Best game in a robins shirt for him tonight. When we dont have Clee or Lawrie on the wings we often lack creativity, but tonight we created plenty of opportunitys. Matt / Duncan and Scott Leather worked well together down the left and even Densmore was bombing forward to join in.

All the lads put in a big shift tonight, and many (including myself) were worried about rustiness and the weather impacting the game, but credit to the player/coaching staff (and the fans who cleared the training pitch) as those practise games obviously helped keep them sharp.

Big win tonight with results going as planned with PO sides winning against lower opposition.....

H Gloucester, A Droylsden, H Corby - we took ONE point from these 3 games last season ( 2-1 and 3-1 defeats and 1-1 draw) so taking 9 from these would be a big push in the right directions....

Keep it going.... Most enjoyable game for a while tonight...

Robins Retweet

Re: Tonight....
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:32:53 AM »

Agree with all of that and surely now this team is in check we will take more than one point from those games , I think its obvious to most that we play really well and can make teams look silly in this league when...

a) we have a fully fit side with subs

b) we have a fully fit side with subs

If we can have the above playing three games a week we can go up
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:34:48 AM by Robins Retweet »

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:45:27 AM »

silly question but was doughty playing number 11 last night on the left wing? I wasnt really watching and my eye sight is not what it used to be. Well anyway doughty or not he was man of the match. But have no problems in giving it to Watmore either.

In fact the only man who didnt deserve Man of the Match was Stu lmao for obvious reasons lol.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »

Very thankful this morning that Duncan is still OK to play. At least twice he was the victim of tackles designed to take him out of the game.
Boston got what they deserved, the Barcelona style football their manager was advocating needs a little more work.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »

Very thankful this morning that Duncan is still OK to play. At least twice he was the victim of tackles designed to take him out of the game.
Boston got what they deserved, the Barcelona style football their manager was advocating needs a little more work.
Barcelona ? Arse boloney more like !

bumble

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »

Barcelona ? Arse boloney more like !

Farcalona
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight....