PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cost saving idea
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cost saving idea  (Read 5361 times)

Butty

Re: Cost saving idea
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 02:19:33 PM »

Usually I'm not too pessimistic with this club, but it must be said. How many more times are we going to draw a line under a poor performance? It's the same every week, a bad performance, followed by "oh lets draw a line under it, onwards and upwards to _FC next weekend.

Feel free to post your ideas then...may be boo them on at Hayes?

It's not that I dont want to cheer the boys on, its just that we seem to be 'drawing a line' under bad performances week in week out, I don't want to say it, but we need to wake up and see that, possibly, we might not be good enough

markecky

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 02:45:35 PM »

I don't really understand what you mean.

Would you like the forum to be full of " we're sh*t and we're definitely going down".  I'd expect that from fans of other clubs but not people who realise the struggle everyday at Alty.  We might not be good enough but we have to show our support and do all we can to help.

Saturday was poor.  No one is denying that.

However we have to put it to bed and hope we can get something at Hayes now. Its gone..finished.

The manager is doing all he can to get players that are good enough and replace players that aren't as we saw with Baynes for Holsgrove on Saturday.

We're in a fight...and we've got to believe we can win it until mathematically we can't.

Narcissist

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 03:10:46 PM »

Usually I'm not too pessimistic with this club, but it must be said. How many more times are we going to draw a line under a poor performance? It's the same every week, a bad performance, followed by "oh lets draw a line under it, onwards and upwards to _FC next weekend.

Feel free to post your ideas then...may be boo them on at Hayes?

It's not that I dont want to cheer the boys on, its just that we seem to be 'drawing a line' under bad performances week in week out, I don't want to say it, but we need to wake up and see that, possibly, we might not be good enough

I think its pretty clear we arent good enough. We are bottom of the league and out of the cup before the 1st round. So yes its frustrating that we have to take every defeat on the chin and then draw a line under it.

If we hadnt already changed manager, lost the chairman, made a couple of really decent loan signings, improved results and compltely changed the line-up then we might have other options to come on here shouting and ranting about what can be done. But unless there is any other suggestions to the above all we can do is try to put it behind us and move on.

Its bloody frustrating, buts its pretty much all that can be done and probably the best course of action in our current predicament. 

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »

There is nothing else to do other than soldier on. Gateshead are a fabulous team, backed to the hilt by a very rich man. Their full back that Nicky Clee was up against was not a free agent having been released from Hartlepool, but on loan from Premiership Sunderland - evidently Gateshead can afford to do things like that - we can't. It's depressing, but true unfortunately, so all we can do is dust ourselves down and support Kenny and the boys. We got lucky the previous week, as Fleetwood have since signed two quality centre backs on loan from league clubs, otherwise we'd probably have lost that too. That is going to happen most weeks, but unless a knight in shining white armour arrives (preferably with a couple of million to throw at the club), we are pretty much stuck with it - that's life. Besides, you never know, we may get Youngy back, a thirty goal a season striker may be unearthed for peanuts, Tom Kearney may recover sooner than expected, we may win the FA Trophy, Hayes may be crap - hope springs eternal.

VofD

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »

BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT MONEY.
AND MAYBE WE COULD HAVE GOT SOME MONEY ON SATURDAY,HAD WE NOT BEEN SO BLOODY AWFUL. >:( >:( >:(
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cost saving idea