PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cost saving idea
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cost saving idea  (Read 5360 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Cost saving idea
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:33:19 AM »

Dont bother spending the entry money for the FA cup.Tell the FA that with our track record and continual inability to get a tie thats a formality that it really isnt worth us bothering,weve never drawn any of the 50 or so pub outfits in the 4th qual at home in the last two decades so thanks but no thanks.

andrewflynn

Re: Cost saving idea
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:17:46 AM »

We'll get our year.

AltyIan

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:46:33 AM »

Dont bother spending the entry money for the FA cup.Tell the FA that with our track record and continual inability to get a tie thats a formality that it really isnt worth us bothering,weve never drawn any of the 50 or so pub outfits in the 4th qual at home in the last two decades so thanks but no thanks.

Newcastle Town 2 years ago hardly set the world alight

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »

North Ferriby United          Mossley are they not pub outfits

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »

You can't ask for more than a home draw though. Gateshead were very good defensively, but against what? We offered very little on Saturday and only have ourselves to blame for the defeat. £12,500 pissed up the wall!

Having said that, we must draw a line under it and get ourselves up for Saturday's 6 pointer at Hayes. Hopefully the new faces will gel quickly and help us to start picking up much-needed points.
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »

Even if we got a pub outfit we would still lose.

I am feeling extremely lack lustre today, a little bit like the players on Saturday.

I dont like to have a go at the team much but I am actually wondering why we bother when the players dont seem to.

Beer, Breakfast, Pie, entry fee, sponsor of PA System = good money that could have been better spent elsewhere after the performance on saturday.

Yours Pi$$ed off and gutted at the moment.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 12:15:16 PM »

I feel as pi$$ed off as everyone else..............then Southport get Sheffield Wednesday, a certain to be on TV money spinner..........another club we will longer be able to compete with financially for several years to come
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 12:16:40 PM »

The gamble of playing a virtually new team against Fleetwood worked well and we got three points.  Unfortunately it meant that we had to keep it the same again.

When you look at it on paper, the lads who did play had hardly played together at all.

I don't think it was a lack of effort on Saturday, more the fact they did a job on us, closed us quickly and we didn't (or couldn't) change it to try and counteract it.

Don't get me wrong, Saturday was very poor and its rare I am still, like Jenga, pissed off about it on Monday dinnertime.

As Alty 1981, we have to put it to bed, have a good moan and get ourselves up for the Hayes game.

Its going to be a rollercoaster.  We are going to hammered in a few games, win some we didn't expect to win and lose some we felt we had to win.

At the end of the day, the players will know they let themselves and us down and have to put it right on Saturday.

Longman

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 12:36:09 PM »

Saturday was entirely our own fault, gateshead were there to be beaten, they were solid but we didn't make it nearly enough hard for them playing so deep with 1 up front at home.

I do not understand our approach at all!?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 12:39:36 PM »

I here what your saying Ecky... However, playing 1 up top in the FA Cup at home was a tad negative to say the least.. I would rather have seen us lose 4-1 having a fkn  good crack at it than the tactics we used...  I dont care what anybody says, but in my view  Lawton and / or Danylyk are a must if we want to stand a chance of winning the midfield battle.....

Onwards and Upwards to Hayes & Yeading next Saturday

Cmon Alty.......

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 12:47:45 PM »

Im just losing faith in the fact that a joke outfit like gateshead can have such a strong team and 15 other lads sat in the stand,yet we are scrambling about for players,its simply not right,and we go to another side with average gates of 300 on saturday that can also field a team of professionals......

george

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »

BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT MONEY.

Butty

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »

Usually I'm not too pessimistic with this club, but it must be said. How many more times are we going to draw a line under a poor performance? It's the same every week, a bad performance, followed by "oh lets draw a line under it, onwards and upwards to _FC next weekend.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »

Usually I'm not too pessimistic with this club, but it must be said. How many more times are we going to draw a line under a poor performance? It's the same every week, a bad performance, followed by "oh lets draw a line under it, onwards and upwards to _FC next weekend.

Feel free to post your ideas then...may be boo them on at Hayes?

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »

I agree with what Butty is saying, and have said similar in another post:

Coming off the back of the garbage that was Eastbourne we managed a spirited win over Barrow. Similarly after Histon where we were awful, we went and beat Fleetwood. These games were ones where we needed an improved performance because the last one was a debacle, and to everyone's delight we have given good performances.

But we've never followed them up, eventually we are back to square one. After looking back over it I agree with the replies to the thread I posted yesterday; we were awful. I was just trying to see the bright side of it because I didn't want to accept how much we didn't turn up.

Perhaps we only play well after playing crap.. if that's the key way our team gets motivation then we're gone.

EDIT: On the plus side, maybe they will go out wanting to improve, again, at Hayes.

Except, it isn't a bad performance every week. We've showed signs of being a decent side!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:45:07 PM by TimperleyRobin »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cost saving idea