PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Todays Team  (Read 14697 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Todays Team
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2008, 04:53:24 PM »

Weymouth get a point. Vics get 4 v Farsley
Damn! More squeeky bums!

and if my maths is right......

19 Weymouth 37 -21 33
20 Farsley Celtic 37 -26 33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 Altrincham 39 -27 32 20
22 Northwich 36 -26 29
23 Stafford Rangers 36 -41 19
24 Droylsden 34 -53 13

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 05:09:08 PM by Jennifers Dad »

Bath Alty

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2008, 04:57:31 PM »

We really need to get a result on Saturday and pull ourselves out of the bottom places to put some pressure on the other teams.  Sounds like the performance today was good but we fell away at the end.  If only we could last 90 minutes, part time impact I suppose.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »

we nned a win Monday for sure
Harold

JT

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »

I want to be positive because losing 2-1 away at the league leaders for a team 21st in the table isn't exactly dreadful, but its just got to a point in the season now where these loses by 1 goal hurt even more >:(
anyway going to down my sorrows now and then pick myself back up for monday because 3 points is a must then without question

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »

You have to say that (much as I hate doing so) that the impetus is with Vics and Weymouth are picking up points here and there too. Sounds like a much better performance from the lads today as they went for it. The obvious question is why could we not have started playing like that earlier in the season before it became potentially too late?

It's looking pretty grim alright and my journey over the sea to watch the last game of the season may well be a very sad one. Still, whilst there are still games there's still hope and I'm Bobbing like a b**tard here.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2008, 05:30:28 PM »

You have to say that (much as I hate doing so) that the impetus is with Vics and Weymouth are picking up points here and there too. Sounds like a much better performance from the lads today as they went for it. The obvious question is why could we not have started playing like that earlier in the season before it became potentially too late?
It's looking pretty grim alright and my journey over the sea to watch the last game of the season may well be a very sad one. Still, whilst there are still games there's still hope and I'm Bobbing like a b**tard here.

Exactly.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Bath Alty

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2008, 05:47:24 PM »

Today we went at them from the start and ran out of steam at the end - we lost

previously we have stayed back at the start and had a go at teams in the second half - with mixed results

Is todays approach really that much better?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2008, 05:53:58 PM »

previously we have stayed back at the start and had a go at teams in the second half - with mixed results

Yes, because we caused them problems and looked like scoring. Remember if their keeper had not made a stunning save from Senior on the hour mark, it would have been us that was 2-1 up. I beg to differ that we have actually gone at teams towards the end of games. When exactly has that happened on a consistent basis and with any REAL threat? By the end of games we are generally going to be lacking in fitness in comparison to our full-time friends regardless of how we have been playing in the preceeding portion of the game. So how is going at teams at the end of games (by which time we are usually chasing a lost cause and without any impetus) any sort of a good plan?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »

no one is turning us over anymore,just need to start getting a few wins
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2008, 06:04:31 PM »

They are the champions elect. They are not Grays, Crawley or Histon.

That approch would/will keep us up.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »

we have 3 tough away fixtures now at york on tuesday histon and oxford coming up we have hit form just at the right time i thought you lot were going to sneak a point today still a long way to go hope we both stay up and weymouth and farsley go down with stafford and droylesden :D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »

Against the likes of Grays & others well below maybe so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team