PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Todays Team  (Read 5869 times)

Longman

Re: Todays Team
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 01:10:41 PM »

I literally could not see any way we were going to score in the second half, why the HELL were we pumping long balls up to two tiny strikers, who were being marked by lads about 6,3!!!  Baffling!?

We've done it in every other game this season, so why should this one have been any different.

Yes I agree, however not to the extent we did yesterday, we simply did not put one tidy passing move together all game!!  Usually we have a good couple of spells of creativity, yesterday was COMPLETELY CLUELESS!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »

There were a couple of good moves yesterday, when little fed Aspinall, was a superb pass. Although a poor finish.

And near the en we managed two passes before giving it away  ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 01:43:45 PM »

Darren Tinson, if not Alty to the core, does at least display a high level of professional pride in his performance.

By the way, I think the team would like to play it to Col and Chris' feet but we get closed down that quick that in the end we have to lump it ok.
Nobody, least of all, GH thinks it's a good idea.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »

By the way, I think the team would like to play it to Col and Chris' feet but we get closed down that quick that in the end we have to lump it ok.
Nobody, least of all, GH thinks it's a good idea.
Are Alty the only team in this league who get closed down quickly? It may not be the most skillful league in the world, but not all teams resort to hoof-ball. Our problem is that we defend so deeply that when we do get the ball our players get heemed in and have few alternatives. I know its not quite this simple, but play the ball further up the pitch and having players moving and supporting the player in possession would help.
There were times yesterday when Logan had the ball, was surrounded by 4 Vics players whilst the nearest Alty Player was 30 yards away. The point I'm trying to highlight is that we make it hard for ourselves by not giving players easy options.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 02:13:39 PM »

FM did you notice yesterday that they could clear the ball 50 yds to one attacker and find him time after time.

That comes from practice which we never seem to master.

Butty

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 02:20:50 PM »

Looking at it, I stayed in the Golf Rd end for the 2nd half, and a few times they had the ball ina  situation that is similar to one we have frequently. They passed it inside, made space and then put a quality ball in to their strikers who made space should have done better. The point here is, they moved off the ball instead of waiting for a ball. They see this and mark so when the pass is played, the man on the ball gets closed down easily. We do not move off the ball, so therefore we do not create any problems for the defence. On the few rare occasions i have seen us do this, it has worked wonders for us and we have got a quality ball over and rarely even a finish to match

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 02:29:50 PM »

Butty, I think it comes from fitness, or lack of it.

I am not sure what the training regime is these days but I feel they do not train enough?

Butty

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »

agree with you there dave actually and maybe through illness and lack of fitness we had to play scotty and asa yesterday, and they maybe aren't in the best of shape due to not playing often enough

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 12:12:10 AM »

I can't believe that ATS continues his one-man onslaught against Darren Tinson. The defence was the only part of our team which looked capable yesterday and without Tinson we surely would have lost by a fairer margin. No ball winner and no creativity in the middle of the park are our teams major problems. If Byrne and Williams had been wearing red and white we would have won yesterday and it is as simple as that.

I can't believe that I'm the only person in the ground who has identified that Tinson is a retrograde step and a waste of a wage (BTW he isn't the only one before you all think I'm on a personally motivated crusade).

In fact I know I'm not because I hear it on my my perambulations around the ground.

A question, if you had a choice of getting Ryan Shotton back or using the money to keep Tinson, what would you do???

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 12:25:02 AM »

I can't believe that I'm the only person in the ground who has identified that Tinson is a retrograde step and a waste of a wage (BTW he isn't the only one before you all think I'm on a personally motivated crusade).

In fact I know I'm not because I hear it on my my perambulations around the ground.

A question, if you had a choice of getting Ryan Shotton back or using the money to keep Tinson, what would you do???

Firstly shotton has shown to be a decent centre back, Tinson is a good centre back. Playing them together with a proper midfield and left back would be start. However shotton will not drop down to conf on a part time basis and probable reduction of wage.
Obviously tinno is the oldest in the squad, but he is still better than munroe, band, talbot and rose. Otherwise were back to playing players out of position. Without tinson our defence would be leaking more goals. Still, maybe a few new faces in a few days could see a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel.

As said below or elsewhere, there are certainly more players not simply not playing well enough than tinson.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 12:36:30 AM »

who u suggest instead of tinno lane mayb not munro he  just abuses the ref all the match
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team