PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Todays Team  (Read 5870 times)

Butty

Todays Team
« on: December 26, 2007, 08:29:49 PM »

Lane          Tinson                   Munroe                   Peyton         No problems there

Aspinall                       Scott                          Trying to Have two holding midfielders

Nobody Here

Robbie         Or here                                Logan                Dont blame robbie, was out of position anyway and not helped logan had a quiet game
                                                                                                          and did a half decent job tracking back

Senior                    Little

May have helped having 13 players starting, would look quite good with players where there are gaps
As usual, it was the same old players who had good games, (Lane, Tinson and munroe looked a good partnership but didnt have the best of games, peyton did quite well actually, not at fault for either goal, he did his work then more central the 2nd ball wasnt picked up, Robbie worked hard but was ineffective because he didnt have any support, and Senior and Little were both good, but not great

i think their goals were caused by having two holding midfielders who didnt actually do much they were just out of position for the goals
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:48:06 PM by Butty »

Dougals Dad

Re: Todays Team
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »

Where was Logan?

Surely he wasn't so bad you didn't notice him?

Butty

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 08:48:28 PM »

forgot about him sorry changes amended

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 08:52:24 PM »

I take it then we had a huge gap in the centre of the park that Vics exploited with obvious results?

When I saw the team & realised As & Scotty were the central mid partnership I had a bad feeling. Decent enough players - but not there!

I especially feel for Scotty as the only place he does not play is his best. I hasten to add this is noones fault, just circumstance & need.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 09:15:35 PM »

When I saw we had two Unibond right backs in centre mid I too started to wonder.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 12:17:36 AM »

Sorry if I'm repeating myself but we have two footballing midfielders who can pass a ball and retain possession on the books.

I'll give some ground and say we might only play one of them at a time, but, if we were to, then we need two things:

A) To get our other players switched on enough to make the runs required to match the quality of the pass

B) Tactics which allow the passing of a ball and don't result in the midfield players getting stiff necks and an encyclopaedic knowledge of all the aeroplanes flying over Moss Lane.

Scotty is a right back. He can play at left back but I'd prefer he didn't.

HE IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If he's played there and is as effective as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest then don't blame him for being accommodating enough to play out of position for the Club

Asa has played as a central midfielder, although I think he'd class hisself as a right back now.

He ought to be a bit more effective in there than Scotty but again he's "taking one for the team"

Three years ago, at Burton, Tinson was immense. He was playing with better players

In 2007/08 at Altrincham, Tinson is just not up to the job any more, maybe because of who he's playing with, maybe not.

I'm sorry to keep labouring this point but he was a short term answer to a long term problem and he's actually compounded the problem rather than solve it.

If we can do nowt else then we should move Lane (an exceptional signing in my view...does he have any brothers???)  to Centre Back and put Scotty where he belongs and can do a job.

moousee

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 12:47:01 AM »

I don't think Tinson has played as badly as you make out. He has been relatively solid, and the problem doesn't lie there. The choice of midfield today was nothing more than stupid today though. I said it before the kick off, and i would have eaten my words if it had in ANY way worked out, but it was a costly mistake. I guess that finding the team that works out is a case of trial and error though.

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 12:49:52 AM »

Darren Tinson is the least of our worries

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 08:46:17 AM »

Agreed Tinno is not a problem.

I though the two lads up front for Northwich today were a real handful, Akins in particular had some speed which strecthed us all day. Northwich had players chasing the ball everywhere, and that is not jsut down to being full time. Whenever Logan got the ball there were 2 or 3 players immediately onto him. I think Dino Maamria must read this forum actually cos they treated him like Jairzinho or something.

That said when Chris Senior broke away with the ball in the 2nd half he was hounded and chased down by 4 Northwich players.

How the hell we nearly got a point today I do not know.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 10:01:36 AM »

We clearly have a lot of issues to deal with at present but Darren Tinson is not one of them.After a bit of a dodgy start he has been immense both in terms of his own play & leadership.I guess that this is probably his last season playing however it wouldn't surprise me if he went into coaching as I thought his comments at the "Meet The New Recruits" Evening showed quite a high level of potential in this area.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 10:10:03 AM »

As you know Brian, I agree with you here. However, I've found an interview with Maamria from this weeks Nothwich Guardian and he makes some very interesting points about how they planned to beat us during the week. So maybe it is a problematic area after all.

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/sport/northwichvictoria/news/display.var.1927473.0.dino_im_over_the_moon.php

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 10:12:17 AM »

I can't believe that ATS continues his one-man onslaught against Darren Tinson. The defence was the only part of our team which looked capable yesterday and without Tinson we surely would have lost by a fairer margin. No ball winner and no creativity in the middle of the park are our teams major problems. If Byrne and Williams had been wearing red and white we would have won yesterday and it is as simple as that.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 11:13:24 AM »

As you know Brian, I agree with you here. However, I've found an interview with Maamria from this weeks Nothwich Guardian and he makes some very interesting points about how they planned to beat us during the week. So maybe it is a problematic area after all.

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/sport/northwichvictoria/news/display.var.1927473.0.dino_im_over_the_moon.php

That is quite an interesting article & fair play to Maamria & Vics as they won all the key tactical battles yesterday & Maamria shows early promise that he may become a decent manager.Darren Tinson is clearly not as mobile as he used to be,but he has been let down badly by his playing colleagues on a huge number of occasions this season.The first goal yesterday was a classic example of this:-

Error Number 1: Stuart conceded an unecessary throw in when he could have gathered the ball or at least cleared it a lot further
Error Number 2: Colin lost possession
Error Number 3: Karl Munroe got his positioning all wrong.....he was equi-distant between the two Vics strikers making it very easy for Farquharson to pick out Akins
Error Number 4:Stuart should have saved Akins' shot

I agree that Tinson's lack of mobility is a potential area of vulnerability but Graham knew that when he signed him.All I am saying is that we have got a lot of bigger issues to work on.I believe that our captain is one of the very few players in the team whose self confidence remains high with the vast majority of players displaying very low levels of confidence at present & that is prime cause of so many individual errors being made this season.

Longman

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 11:37:10 AM »

Agreed Tinno is not a problem.

I though the two lads up front for Northwich today were a real handful, Akins in particular had some speed which strecthed us all day. Northwich had players chasing the ball everywhere, and that is not jsut down to being full time. Whenever Logan got the ball there were 2 or 3 players immediately onto him. I think Dino Maamria must read this forum actually cos they treated him like Jairzinho or something.

That said when Chris Senior broke away with the ball in the 2nd half he was hounded and chased down by 4 Northwich players.

How the hell we nearly got a point today I do not know.

I think this post is spot on, we were simply outlclassed today and it was hurtful and embarssing, I literally could not see any way we were going to score in the second half, why the HELL were we pumping long balls up to two tiny strikers, who were being marked by lads about 6,3!!!  Baffling!?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 12:12:04 PM »

I literally could not see any way we were going to score in the second half, why the HELL were we pumping long balls up to two tiny strikers, who were being marked by lads about 6,3!!!  Baffling!?

We've done it in every other game this season, so why should this one have been any different.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team