next season
- 11 (34.4%)
next decade
- 17 (53.1%)
never
- 2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: when will we go back up?  (Read 6709 times)

Jenga

Re: when will we go back up?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 08:57:13 AM »

This thread will purely take a snap shot of the current season and peoples thinking.

Had this been done 3 weeks ago it would have produced different results.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 09:02:22 AM »

This thread will purely take a snap shot of the current season and peoples thinking.

Had this been done 3 weeks ago it would have produced different results.
your right it would have had more than one vote to go up this season for sure, but it shows that most fans are now grounded and think its going to be a frustrating wait deep down.

JDN

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 10:40:40 AM »

Well we will never go up under this manager.................over to you Rowley

Please.....grow up!
what do you mean grow up?

We will never go up under this manager, so surely Rowley and the board have a decision to make? Or are we happy being BSN long term?

Sorry Tintin but isn't just me saying it now

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 11:34:33 AM »

Well we will never go up under this manager.................over to you Rowley

Please.....grow up!
what do you mean grow up?

We will never go up under this manager, so surely Rowley and the board have a decision to make? Or are we happy being BSN long term?

Sorry Tintin but isn't just me saying it now

It shouldn't be up to the board though. Lee should be man enough to walk. What good is sacking him with 14 games left to play going to do anyway? It will take a miracle to reach the play-offs now.

JDN

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »

Of course it up to the board, they appointed him

Why would he resign? He not bothered, easy money for him, no pressure

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »

Presuming he is on a year to year contract it's not easy money though. He's, hopefully, fighting to be offered a contract next year so there should be pressure there.

If it were up to me I'd be sounding out a couple of replacements right now. If they're interested get them to watch the last 14 games to look at the squad, see what they'd keep. What they'd ship out and what they'd do to improve and make it known to Lee in no uncertain terms that unless we make the playoffs then its goodnight Vienna.

If he didn't like that then he would walk sooner rather than later and everybody (or so you make out) would be ecstatic and a new manager would be appointed. And what's the worst that could happen? He reacts to the pressure, gets us in the playoffs which is what we all want.

bumble

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 12:41:56 PM »

Presuming he is on a year to year contract it's not easy money though. He's, hopefully, fighting to be offered a contract next year so there should be pressure there.

If it were up to me I'd be sounding out a couple of replacements right now. If they're interested get them to watch the last 14 games to look at the squad, see what they'd keep. What they'd ship out and what they'd do to improve and make it known to Lee in no uncertain terms that unless we make the playoffs then its goodnight Vienna.

If he didn't like that then he would walk sooner rather than later and everybody (or so you make out) would be ecstatic and a new manager would be appointed. And what's the worst that could happen? He reacts to the pressure, gets us in the playoffs which is what we all want.

I agree Mike

What we cant do is if we are going to sack is do it in June,  a new manager need be in the week after Droylsden so there srent any excuse about lack of time to why he hasnt achieved the PO's - and if he wants a comtracr (unlike LS) id make this clear

The job pre LS proved to be very popular and with the additions of Ducan, Reeves, Fa cup money plus some excellent young propsects such as Leather and any of Georges current crop]

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »

It is likely Alty could get lucky and go up some time in the next few seasons, but I think luck does come into it.  We will always be up against the 'pub team with a sugar daddy' outfits and the reformed big outfits, like Darlo, when they come back past us, for instance.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 12:47:44 PM »

With respect, luck is largely irrelevant. It's about having a coherant plan and acquiring/training players to execute the plan well. Teams don't achieve repeated success because of luck, they do it because they are well managed.
Come on Alty!

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 12:59:02 PM »

Sorry Paul, I agree entirely, my post wasn't clear enough.
Luck would come into it for Alty (IMO) because we are not well managed and don't have a sugar daddy, that was what I was implying.

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »

In order to get promoted we need a larger, stronger squad. Competition for places is essential, otherwise complacency sets in. To go up next year, we need to ship out at least 3 players, and sign 6 or 7. And the main requirement is a midfield enforcer and captain in the Johnny King mould. And yes, I know that's a big ask !

Reluctantly, I've gone with next decade, and my dream of League football in my lifetime is all but dead.

bumble

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »

In order to get promoted we need a larger, stronger squad. Competition for places is essential, otherwise complacency sets in. To go up next year, we need to ship out at least 3 players, and sign 6 or 7. And the main requirement is a midfield enforcer and captain in the Johnny King mould. And yes, I know that's a big ask !

Reluctantly, I've gone with next decade, and my dream of League football in my lifetime is all but dead.

Well in thw words of Rob Baytes "youve outlived Diana and Bob Marley" so when its time its time

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 01:58:50 PM »

we have some decent players and a bigger squad and decent manager and a team with bollocks could be next season

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »

we have some decent players and a bigger squad and decent manager and a team with bollocks could be next season

Why does the size of their testicals matter?

JDN

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 03:50:36 PM »

Why does the size of their testicals matter?
who mentioned the size?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 when will we go back up?