PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Todays Team  (Read 14083 times)

bumble

Re: Todays Team
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 03:42:57 PM »

The budget has been kept as high as it could be to give us the best chance of promotion.

The manager has been allowed to replace players when they leave when it would be easier to say no save a bit of cash (Colister coming in on loan, the signing of Lynch and Miles).  Seems like quite a statement of intent from the board.

I doubt many people think all is rosy (I don't if you're hinting at me) but on the flip side we don't need to clearout from top to bottom as I have heard mentioned by the people you drink with.

The first batch of dissent this season focussed on how we will never get anywhere without following the Stalybridge Celtic model.  I take it thats changed a bit now?

the bit ive highlighted

Ofc we will need changes, but Im confident Sinott (given a full pre-season) can find the right replacements

In the last few monhts he* found Jack, Lawrie, Walmsley, Miles, new Lynch, Broomes, Matt Flynn - all of whom i believe could be great additions

Not every player brought in will be good enough, even Sir Heathcote brought in rubbish players that werent up to it, same with Sir Alex over his reign - Djemba Djemba instantly comes to mind

Dont we have something like an extra 30k to play with next season? which means is 2 additional squad players
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:46:17 PM by L2J »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 03:44:04 PM »

Let's just let Lee get on with his job. With a busy summer of wheel and dealing and a full pre-season hopefully we can start next season well and then push on. He will be here until the autumn at least so any dissenters should get used to it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »

The budget has been kept as high as it could be to give us the best chance of promotion.

The manager has been allowed to replace players when they leave when it would be easier to say no save a bit of cash (Colister coming in on loan, the signing of Lynch and Miles).  Seems like quite a statement of intent from the board.

I doubt many people think all is rosy (I don't if you're hinting at me) but on the flip side we don't need to clearout from top to bottom as I have heard mentioned by the people you drink with.

The first batch of dissent this season focussed on how we will never get anywhere without following the Stalybridge Celtic model.  I take it thats changed a bit now?

Great post. Nobody said it was rosy, good point about Stalybridge too.

John Crewe

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »

The manager has been allowed to replace players when they leave when it would be easier to say no save a bit of cash (Colister coming in on loan, the signing of Lynch and Miles).  Seems like quite a statement of intent from the board.

the bit ive highlighted

Ofc we will need changes, but Im confident Sinott (given a full pre-season) can find the right replacements

In the last few monhts he* found Jack, Lawrie, Walmsley, Miles, new Lynch, Broomes, Matt Flynn - all of whom i believe could be great additions

Not every player brought in will be good enough, even Sir Heathcote brought in rubbish players that werent up to it, same with Sir Alex over his reign - Djemba Djemba instantly comes to mind

Dont we have something like an extra 30k to play with next season? which means is 2 additional squad players

i wish i shared your confidence L2J

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 05:32:08 PM »

Or maybe we're not just alarmists and we accept that things take time...
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »

I wasn't at yesterday's game but from the radio commentary and the report on the official site I don't think anything happened yesterday that should lead to anyone questioning the manager or players. My understanding is that we were unlucky to come away with nothing against an in form team. So why the negativity?

John Crewe

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »

I wasn't at yesterday's game but from the radio commentary and the report on the official site I don't think anything happened yesterday that should lead to anyone questioning the manager or players. My understanding is that we were unlucky to come away with nothing against an in form team. So why the negativity?
yes, now i see what your saying.......it not that bad result, as you say Bish Stortford are an in form team and we unlucky

keep this up robins.....onwards and upwards

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »

Let's just let Lee get on with his job. With a busy summer of wheel and dealing and a full pre-season hopefully we can start next season well and then push on. He will be here until the autumn at least so any dissenters should get used to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2AWKfMvDtw

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »

yes, now i see what your saying.......it not that bad result, as you say Bish Stortford are an in form team and we unlucky

keep this up robins.....onwards and upwards

You know perfectly well that nobody is saying everything's fine. It's clear from the timing of your posts that you have some sort of vendetta against the manager and are hoping to pick up followers for your cause by posting this nonsense after each bad result. I'd go so far as to suggest that you are probably hoping for failure so you can tell us all how you were right all along.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team