PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Todays Team  (Read 14078 times)

The Teasing Squad

Re: Todays Team
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »

Two awful results

whopper

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »

Last 2 games have really hit home we not gettin out of this league for some time, oh well at least we play chester soon nice away day

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »

I feel sorry for those that caught a bus at the Vine at 8.40am to see us get beat in a 'regional' league........having seen us win once in nine away games this season I had already said I could not justify travelling so far for, what to me, seems the inevitable.........when I went to Oxford and Exeter I at least thought we had a chance.

Hats off to those that made the journey
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »

Lost against a team playing a simple counter attack game.
Hit bar twice and post. Team Lacked a combative midfield, captain didnt rouse his fellow players and team lacked imagination.
Twiss played further forward than he would be effective. Should have been played behind front two.

Sinnott obviously under pressure after unfortunate reaction to few fans prostitations after end whistle.

Personally, lacked width and midfield'd inability to shoot when given the chance. Obvious from 1st half BS would play counter game. Our inability to adapt cost us.
Dont think captain was vocal enough to rouse the guys after falling behind.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »

Lost against as bad a side as I've ever seen. The no 9 who started the game was fatter than me! We had loads of possession, started well but gradually run out of ideas and by the end looked totally clueless. I can't get to all away games but I've seen too many like this already this season, it's depressing. There is no smile on my face tonight Mr S!!!

bumble

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 09:38:32 PM »

Lost against as bad a side as I've ever seen. The no 9 who started the game was fatter than me! We had loads of possession, started well but gradually run out of ideas and by the end looked totally clueless. I can't get to all away games but I've seen too many like this already this season, it's depressing. [font=Verdana]There is no smile on my face tonight Mr S!!![/font]

What an absolute joke of a post

bits in red are the only bits i agree with

I can name many side worse than them...... infact i shall

Colwyn,droylsden,eastwood,workington,blyth,vauxhall,hinckley, boston

With regards to the no.9, he played well any used his stregth to hold up well...

we didnt run out of ideas as we kept going till the end - We should have scored but today we didnt take our chances.... we have in most games this season - another day we may have won 3-1....

I thought in large parts we defended well - ffs we had players throwing themselves in to blocks and infront of the open goal at one point

TOday, although the result was highly disappointing, wasnt all bad - we played (for the majority of the game) decent football - we shall play A LOT LOT LOT worse and win! its just part of football

I dont think playoffs are out of the question - its just becoming harder by the week.... other teams didnt exactly get good results today.... losing to eastwood at home, drawing to harrogate ect.. cost teams points

we've a big 2 months ahead of us
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:48:23 PM by L2J »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »

"Sinnott obviously under pressure after unfortunate reaction to few fans prostitations after end whistle."

Why what happened?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »

Don't know who L2J is, but todays game was as this. We totally dominated the first half, had chances, but against a team who defend very well in numbers and quickly. Second half I reckon Lee nipped out to the nearest pub and asked some fellas if they fancied a game, we lost the plot totally, different team. We sat back and let them play, it could've been more, on the break we had little imagination, yes we hit the woodwork but virtually every ball in the box was easily spooned up by their keeper. Thanks Jack Redshaw, a good little player but selfish today, Dens made him aware of that.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bumble

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »

Don't know who L2J is, but todays game was as this. We totally dominated the first half, had chances, but against a team who defend very well in numbers and quickly. Second half I reckon Lee nipped out to the nearest pub and asked some fellas if they fancied a game, we lost the plot totally, different team. We sat back and let them play, it could've been more, on the break we had little imagination, yes we hit the woodwork but virtually every ball in the box was easily spooned up by their keeper. Thanks Jack Redshaw, a good little player but selfish today, Dens made him aware of that.
This was a fairer assessment,

Totally agree with first half opinion - we worked it out wide well and the final ball was just poor

We made 3 changes in the second half and therefore lost some shape - if we'd taken our chances we would have won

Losing lynch wasn't ideal

I think we failed to get started in the second half...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:20:49 PM by L2J »

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »

L2J I too travelled a 7 hour round trip. I'm not sure I ended up at the same game as you! I gave my opinion (that's OPINION) of the game and I stand by it, they were as bad a side as I've ever seen and we started well and ran out of ideas. You can see the game however you want, notice I haven't called you stupid or a joke?

Toppers

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »

seriously you think them teams are worse then us ? blyth played well, at the end of the day were not good enough to go up!

Lost against as bad a side as I've ever seen. The no 9 who started the game was fatter than me! We had loads of possession, started well but gradually run out of ideas and by the end looked totally clueless. I can't get to all away games but I've seen too many like this already this season, it's depressing. [font=Verdana]There is no smile on my face tonight Mr S!!![/font]

What an absolute joke of a post, i didnt spend 5 hours + this mornign travelling, and 3 hr 40 back to read something stupid like this on the forum - bits in red are the only bits i agree with

I can name many side worse than them...... infact i shall

Colwyn,droylsden,eastwood,workington,blyth,vauxhall,hinckley, boston

With regards to the no.9, he played well any used his stregth to hold up well...

we didnt run out of ideas as we kept going till the end - We should have scored but today we didnt take our chances.... we have in most games this season - another day we may have won 3-1....

I thought in large parts we defended well - ffs we had players throwing themselves in to blocks and infront of the open goal at one point

TOday, although the result was highly disappointing, wasnt all bad - we played (for the majority of the game) decent football - we shall play A LOT LOT LOT worse and lose! its just part of football

I dont think playoffs are out of the question - its just becoming harder by the week.... other teams didnt exactly get good results today.... losing to eastwood at home, drawing to harrogate ect.. cost teams points

we've a big 2 months ahead of us

bumble

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 10:25:01 PM »

L2J I too travelled a 7 hour round trip. I'm not sure I ended up at the same game as you! I gave my opinion (that's OPINION) of the game and I stand by it, they were as bad a side as I've ever seen and we started well and ran out of ideas. You can see the game however you want, notice I haven't called you stupid or a joke?
The joke bit was the bit about them being them being A's bad A's you've seen

We've lost to far worse sides

They weren't bad, they had a plan and stuck to it

I,however, apologise for calling your post a joke. Totally uncalled for

Lent and a lack of sleep are making me highly irritable....

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:30:20 PM by L2J »

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »

Apology accepted. I still think BS were absolutely awful though! And that's what's so depressing. these teams keep beating us. I should confess that I have been to 8 away games this season and we have lost 7 & drawn 1 of them, so maybe it's me. I'm not going to Histon so no doubt we'll hit them for 6

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 10:43:59 PM »

Apology accepted. I still think BS were absolutely awful though! And that's what's so depressing. these teams keep beating us. I should confess that I have been to 8 away games this season and we have lost 7 & drawn 1 of them, so maybe it's me. I'm not going to Histon so no doubt we'll hit them for 6
I thought I'd done badly seeing us pick up 5 points from the 7 trips I've made (I was fortunate enough to go to Colwyn Bay) but I'm now saving myself for hopefully the last three games of the season (Nuneaton, Guiseley, Eastwood). Anything we get from the first two will probably be a bonus, but if we can't get SOMETHING at Eastwood I'll be gutted. Ten away league games in one season would be a record for me incidentally so I'm set on doing it !

Afterwards, I may change my ID to "The Masochist"  ::)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 11:25:01 PM »

"Sinnott obviously under pressure after unfortunate reaction to few fans prostitations after end whistle."

Why what happened?

Afterwards, a few alty fans were giving LS frank opinions of the awful mess we had seen. He came over and exchanged views before being coaxed away by the coaching staff.

Its frustrating, some players arent being used as they should be. Midfield went to sleep too often putting pressure on the defence who were caught out by a good weighted ball over the top. BS had a game plan to get to half time 0-0 and battle for the 2nd. We didnt have a plan B and ran out of ideas.
Overall, we had a few chances but didnt really test their keeper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team