PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 10486 times)

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Todays game
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 05:34:21 PM »

Just when you thought you couldn't dislike Frank Sinclair any more.

However, playing devil's advocate, if we were 2-0 down and offered the lifeline of a replay, what would we have done?

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »

no premiership or championship matches today........so basically a load of committed 4th officials and assesors took the day off?

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 05:36:41 PM »

Just when you thought you couldn't dislike Frank Sinclair any more.

However, playing devil's advocate, if we were 2-0 down and offered the lifeline of a replay, what would we have done?

I'd hope the club would have the class to at least consider every alternative out of respect for the paying & travelling fans

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »

I thought the referee was the final arbitor? If this is the case and the referee was satisfied that Ian Senior could run the line FS's objection to accept this arrangement is a de facto refusal to continue, irrespective as to what he actually said. So, logically, the game should've been awarded to us by the referee today, with Colwyn Bay having the option to appeal the decision. That said, not to have arrangements for a substitute official at a senior football game is p1ss poor.

The key here is whether the referee abandoned the match. If he did it's a replay. If the match couldn't continue because Frank didn't want Ian Senior on the line despite the ref being ok with it, it's a forfeiture in our favour.

If, as ATS says both clubs need to be in agreement then its a replay.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 05:42:22 PM »

I thought the referee was the final arbitor? If this is the case and the referee was satisfied that Ian Senior could run the line FS's objection to accept this arrangement is a de facto refusal to continue, irrespective as to what he actually said. So, logically, the game should've been awarded to us by the referee today, with Colwyn Bay having the option to appeal the decision. That said, not to have arrangements for a substitute official at a senior football game is p1ss poor.

The key here is whether the referee abandoned the match. If he did it's a replay. If the match couldn't continue because Frank didn't want Ian Senior on the line despite the ref being ok with it, it's a forfeiture in our favour.

at moss lane ?

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 05:44:49 PM »

at moss lane ?

Afraid not, would be treated as any other abandonment. I know in Italy they've continued games after a period of days, playing out the remaining time, but that's Italy.

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »

It'll be another game at Colwyn Bay unless the FA construe Sinclairs words and actions as being a refusal to carry on playing.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »

no premiership or championship matches today........so basically a load of committed 4th officials and assesors took the day off?

I would try to explain the system by which appointments are made Mark but you (a) Wouldn't be interested (b) Would just try to be witty about it and (c) Would just go off on one!!

So I can't be arsed.

If anyone is moderately interested (I'm not expecting any takers) pm me

Baldrick

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 06:28:15 PM »

If they make any decision other than awarding Alty the game the club should withdraw from the competition.

andrewflynn

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »

If they make any decision other than awarding Alty the game the club should withdraw from the competition.

My exact thoughts. If there is no penalty for doing so then I'd heavily consider out of protest.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 06:57:39 PM »

Utter garbage!

If it is decreed that the game has to be replayed, we simply turn up in North Wales again on Tuesday; turn them over once again and then walk away £4,000 better off.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Beaver

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »

My exact thoughts. If there is no penalty for doing so then I'd heavily consider out of protest.

To be honest that's the daftest thing we could do. We've been horrendously rubbish in this competition and other similar ones for years. We don't need to cement our position as annual let downs by not bothering to play. Not to mention the money.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »

It could have been a lot worse, we could have lost and had Simon with a 3 game ban. They have two players banned for the next game and one with a broken ankle.

All in all a rematch isnt a disaster.

WiganAlty

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2013, 07:36:27 PM »

I would try to explain the system by which appointments are made Mark but you (a) Wouldn't be interested (b) Would just try to be witty about it and (c) Would just go off on one!!

So I can't be arsed.

If anyone is moderately interested (I'm not expecting any takers) pm me

Just wondering is it mandatory to have a fourth official at games, or as has been mentioned earlier, are the early rounds of FAC and FAT exempt due to the lack of officials? Have to admit my thoughts were if Colwyn Bay can afford a four man protection team for Sinclair, they could have afforded to pay a local referee to act as a fourth official, but if it isn't mandatory (perhaps optional), then Colwyn Bay were operating within the law of the game. However, still mightily  >:( with the fiasco at the end of the game.

Utter garbage!

If it is decreed that the game has to be replayed, we simply turn up in North Wales again on Tuesday; turn them over once again and then walk away £4,000 better off.

Unfortunately not as easy for some of us who find it difficult to get to midweek games at Moss Lane, let alone some 90 miles from home.

markecky

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2013, 08:28:31 PM »

All this nonsense has taken away from a good Alty performance as well.

Plenty of work, nice football and a lovely goal from Wilkinson.

Barring one miss from them we were in total control, the Wembley songs were out and all was going very very well.

Well played the lads.

If we have to do this all again we can win it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game