PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 8672 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Todays game
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 08:24:46 AM »

can we start this club from what the fans need-
firstly a new social club ,wich caters for 1000 not 64 , the profit would be huge
gaming machines, pool ,meals , functions , would pay a huge profit,
take advantage of the little fan base we have ,i dnt mind spending 50 quid at a home game
-and then build the team around the buisness we can make our selfs , it dosnt take a genious ,
to gather that we need money from within the club , becouse im pritty much shaw
we aint goin to get any shining night -
i agree completley about the social club but who is going to pay for it?

If we looking to do that we need to set up a fund and start raising money from the local community
ParkINson's red and white army

arnald

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »

firstly a new social club ,wich caters for 1000 not 64 , the profit would be huge
take advantage of the little fan base we have ,i dnt mind spending 50 quid at a home game
-and then build the team around the buisness we can make our selfs , it dosnt take a genious ,

If we looking to do that we need to set up a fund and start raising money from the local community

that is a great question , is the bank willing to lend us ! the fans \ the dosh \and can we raise the funds our selfs
becouse lets face it the club cudnt run a buisness , or a game of bingo for that matter

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »

You're being very harsh there. This is a Well run club, certainly compared to ten years ago. I'm not convinced a social club is the solution to crap defending either.

arnald

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 08:54:46 AM »

You're being very harsh there. This is a Well run club, certainly compared to ten years ago. I'm not convinced a social club is the solution to crap defending either.
yes in another ten years ; thare will be plenty of room ,
in that social club becouse no one will be init \ they cundnt run a fun run them tossers,

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »

it wasn't for those tossers we probably wouldn't have lost yesterday because there probably wouldn't have been a club. Either you haven't been watching us long or you have a very short memory.

arnald

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 09:14:35 AM »

it wasn't for those tossers we probably wouldn't have lost yesterday because there probably wouldn't have been a club. Either you haven't been watching us long or you have a very short memory.
25 years ive been waching them \ why dnt they have any ambition ? i cundnt give a sh*t anymore if they do go bust \
aslong as them tossers give it a good go \ile go dwn with the ship

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 09:30:27 AM »

[/quote]   is the bank willing to lend us ! the fans \ the dosh \and can we raise the funds our selfs[/quote]

Are you serious?

You want to get a loan to make our social club like some sort of fun fair attraction that should be more at home on blackpool prom.

We dont have the fan base to ever need anything like that, it could not sustain itself and we have just got rid of debt, we dont more for gods sake.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »

is the bank willing to lend us ! the fans \ the dosh \and can we raise the funds our selfs[/quote]

Are you serious?

You want to get a loan to make our social club like some sort of fun fair attraction that should be more at home on blackpool prom.

We dont have the fan base to ever need anything like that, it could not sustain itself and we have just got rid of debt, we dont more for gods sake.
[/quote]were also in the middle of one of the biggest recessions in recent history banks are not giving out mortgates to first time buyers let alone this type of investment it would have to be donated

DavidP

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 10:33:55 AM »

[/quote] 25 years ive been waching them \ why dnt they have any ambition ? i cundnt give a sh*t anymore if they do go bust \
[/quote]
 Was not going to post today as still hurting after yesterday but you made me so angry with your post.

I find you to be very disresoctful to the many people who work hard to keep our beloved club going. Most are not paid for what they do. To call them tossers is a disgrace. I really think people like you should go watch Man U as really you have no idea what it takes for these" tossers" to keep this club going enabling you to support them for 25 years. Also for you to say you don't care if the club goes bust well we can do without people like you supporting the club so please go and support someone else.

Can i ask do you help out in any way at the club? If not then why not as you seem to think you could do a better job.

Spending money we do not have is simply not an option. Your a fool if you think that equals no ambition.  I would rather watch the Alty on stamford park with no money than take out a huge loan, go bust and become a laghing stock. We are doing ok financially we don't owe anyone anything and thats rare in football

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »

25 years ive been waching them \ why dnt they have any ambition ? i cundnt give a sh*t anymore if they do go bust \
[/quote]
 Was not going to post today as still hurting after yesterday but you made me so angry with your post.

I find you to be very disresoctful to the many people who work hard to keep our beloved club going. Most are not paid for what they do. To call them tossers is a disgrace. I really think people like you should go watch Man U as really you have no idea what it takes for these" tossers" to keep this club going enabling you to support them for 25 years. Also for you to say you don't care if the club goes bust well we can do without people like you supporting the club so please go and support someone else.

Can i ask do you help out in any way at the club? If not then why not as you seem to think you could do a better job.

Spending money we do not have is simply not an option. Your a fool if you think that equals no ambition.  I would rather watch the Alty on stamford park with no money than take out a huge loan, go bust and become a laghing stock. We are doing ok financially we don't owe anyone anything and thats rare in football

[/quote]completley agree i think about people like Keith in the snack bar he has served me hot vimto from the day i walked in that place we would be screwed without people like this at our club

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 11:16:54 AM »

yes in another ten years ; thare will be plenty of room ,
in that social club becouse no one will be init \ they cundnt run a fun run them tossers,

I don't really think slagging off people who put this club before their own families is in any way justified or appropriate. I just hope to god they don't read comments like this and decide they've had enough. There are some amazing people who keep this ship afloat and I don't think we should underestimate how much effort it takes just to do that much.

We'd all love to build new facilities and reap the benefits that they bring - don't you think the board would do things like that if it were feasible? They're not idiots, they're people who run businesses themselves, so they know what they're doing. Perhaps new faces might bring fresh impetous to the club, but they're hardly queueing down the street for such an opportunity.

I'm not having a go at you, I think like everybody else you just want to see the club doing well again. Don't dismiss good people as "tossers" though because that couldn't be further from the truth.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:28:31 PM by Mick Hayde Fan Club »
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 12:16:44 PM »

Why in hell would a club who don't get 1,000 at home build a social club for 1,000?

Tell you what "Arnald", if you don't care if the club goes bust or not leave now and never come back. And why should anyone take business ideas from somebody who spells the word "there" with an A?

I am having a go at you  because you're either a troll or an unappreciative fool.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hamilton

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »

[/quote
that is a great question , is the bank willing to lend us ! the fans \ the dosh \and can we raise the funds our selfs
becouse lets face it the club cudnt run a buisness , or a game of bingo for that matter

I'm getting quite disturbed by some of the bilge being put on this forum! We are better than this!

mikealty

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 02:41:01 PM »

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not... Us having a social club catering for 1000 would be stupid considering we don't even get that much for a game in this league. And honestly do you really think everyone can afford to spend £50 at a home game? Seriously deluded.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »

Many many years ago before most of you were born, we did have a social club.
It was called the Red Robin club and was run for and on behalf of the club by Peter Swales..he of the infamous tombola!
Although it was full every saturday night and had many of the top club acts of the time on stage, it eventually closed
and was replaced by chequers, about which most of you will remember.
The fan base in those days seemed (although I don't know ) to be far more than today,and yet this club was not a REAL moneymaker
ie  enough to bankroll a team.

I can't see a club in the locality of Moss Lane being any more successful now.

We would probably make more money by developing the Ridgeway Road site, but thats a different matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game