PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 EASTBOURNE
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: EASTBOURNE  (Read 9063 times)

wonderstuff

EASTBOURNE
« on: August 28, 2008, 02:54:06 PM »

:-\ I was worried about the game against Barrow, and rightly so, and now I'm worried about the game against Eastbourne. I watched the friendly against Bradford and Alty looked good, and I got quite excited, but now they are starting to look the same as they did last season; tired, apathetic. The Manager has to be the main motivator, and if this is the case, If Altrincham lose at Eastbourne, then surely Heathcote has to seriously consider leaving?

As for Ryan Shotton, someone please convince him to come back!!!!

markecky

Re: EASTBOURNE
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:58:44 PM »

Now there is a post with an agenda.

I'd have highlighted Kidderminster myself to make it look a bit more authentic.

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:09:41 PM »

If we lose a football match, our sixth of a forty-six game season, Heathcote should leave??

Give me strength.

wonderstuff

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

I'm not just questioning Heathcote after 6 games, I'm also taking into consideration what Alty achieved last season (thanks to Halifax). I really want Alty to stay up without relying on another club going bust, but I don't have faith in Heathcote.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 03:35:51 PM »

:-\ I was worried about the game against Barrow, and rightly so, and now I'm worried about the game against Eastbourne. I watched the friendly against Bradford and Alty looked good, and I got quite excited, but now they are starting to look the same as they did last season; tired, apathetic. The Manager has to be the main motivator, and if this is the case, If Altrincham lose at Eastbourne, then surely Heathcote has to seriously consider leaving?

As for Ryan Shotton, someone please convince him to come back!!!!

Far too early to call for the mangers head , players need to time to gel .

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »

If you think a manager is crap, get rid of him at the end of the season, not right at the start of a new one. As it happens, I don't think he's the world's best but I think Heathcote is okay; can't think of many people who would be willing to come and would do a better job.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 03:46:50 PM »

So, if Alty win at Eastbourne Heathcote stays, if we lose he should seriously consider leaving.

Absolute unbelievable stupidity.

wonderstuff

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 04:01:21 PM »

I don't believe I'm being stupid. I am taking into consideration last season, and the season before, maybe I shouldn't, but I can't help think people are forgetting that Alty have only stayed up due to other clubs going bust. Alty have not stayed up because of Heathcote. And, Longman, I question your stupidity for believing Heathcote is still the right man.

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 04:09:06 PM »

As someone who actively campaigned for Heathcote to be replaced at the end of last season, and still tends to be quite critical of him at times, I honestly can't see the benefit of getting rid of him at the moment. The season is still young and we won't have a clear picture of how things are going until September/Occtober. I feel certain we will strengthen the squad in the next couple of weeks, be it through loan signings or before the transfer window closes. He's not my favourite person at the club but for now we need to just get on with things and get behind the team at every game.

As an aside, having been very critical of Graham after the Kidderminster game I think it's only fair that I congratulate him on getting it spot on against Wrexham (from what I've read and been told). I think it's important to balance criticism with due praise and that's the difference between people with an agenda and those who simply have the best interests of the club at heart.

Good luck to the lads for Saturday, let's have 3 points and start climbing the table! 

Longman

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »

I don't believe I'm being stupid. I am taking into consideration last season, and the season before, maybe I shouldn't, but I can't help think people are forgetting that Alty have only stayed up due to other clubs going bust. Alty have not stayed up because of Heathcote. And, Longman, I question your stupidity for believing Heathcote is still the right man.

Yes but we have played 5 games of the new season, it has not been a disasterous start, nor has it been a particularly good one, but to start saying Heathcote out after a few games is detrimental to morale and in my view stupid.  It was only a few weeks ago everyone was saying how well GH had done in the summer securing players like Denham and Elam etc, now there are calls for his head!

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 08:24:41 PM »

I think we should drop Coburn.

Ryan Shotton should not come back at all

Colin Little has never done anything for Alty

GH should go after 6 games.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:03:07 PM by markecky »

Garveys Brother

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:46:07 PM »

This is ridiculous, getting rid of a manager at the beggining of the season would be disatorous. Also who would replace Heathcote, I don't think Barrow is up for being drafted in as manager after 5 games.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »

This is ridiculous, getting rid of a manager at the beggining of the season would be disatorous. Also who would replace Heathcote, I don't think Barrow is up for being drafted in as manager after 5 games.

Spot on.

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »

I think we should drop Coburn.

Ryan Shotton should not come back at all

Colin Little has never done anything for Alty

GH should go after 6 games.

Ecky you spoil sport, you know it was funny hehehe

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »

The conundrum is that under the 'cote we always seem to have these disastrous performances (as against Kiddy).

The best man to turn the thing around and get a result next match is the 'cote (as against Wrexham)

There have been numerous examples of a terrible performance, followed by calls for the 'cote's head on a platter, followed by a very good performance inspired by the 'cote going right back to that Lancaster Cup match and Tony Sullivan's amazing diet inspired win for the city.

The 'cote has built a team pretty much from scratch...I think we should expect a few teething and gelling problems....but by Xmas we really should be looking at being comfortable and getting at least an average 1.5 pts per match....coz the 1 pt per match leaves us in 4th bottom place and another embarassing reprieve and it can't go on forever surely?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 EASTBOURNE