News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Women at the Game - on Non League Day - Saturday, 7th October

Author Topic: Women at the Game - on Non League Day - Saturday, 7th October  (Read 3856 times)

Ashley Alty

« on: September 22, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »

Ashley Alty

Re: Women at the Game - on Non League Day - Saturday, 7th October
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »

You can print the posters off and take them to work?

Ashley Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »

Don't forget to encourage your wife, sister, daughter, aunt, cousin, grandmother, neighbour, work colleague, sister in law, sister outlaw, great grannie, and any other women who you know to come along - please register at womenatthegame@gmail.com and receive an information pack

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 03:03:41 PM »

Great initiative.

I went to a Dulwich Hamlets game recently (I was at a loose end prior to a flight out of london city) and was amazed at how they have managed to position themselves. The crowd was much more representative of society as a whole with a lot more women, children and ethnicity represented than compared to any football match I have ever been to.

A fantastic range of beers too as it happens. The crowd was over 1800, their usual average, and they are at the same level as us. The atmosphere was fantastic, if a little on the hipster side. They have no big money backer, this has been achieved with a mixture of luck, geographical location and very clever marketing.

Alty has the potential to go in this direction and reep the rewards. There's an alternative out there to the humdrum meat and to veg of football thats existed for decades and is being taken to the dogs by big money tv deals. It already excluded half of society and now its excluding the working classes by pricing them out. Its now more than ever the time to be the alternative option.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 03:27:29 PM »

Thanks, L'Homme, a lot of my work colleagues have been working with Dull Itch, it is great to see that the hard work is paying off.  We at Alty also like nice comments  ;)

Ashley Alty

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 12:56:04 PM »

More women needed for Saturday, if yo are struggling to download and print off the poster from here, email me on womenatthegame@gmail.com and I can email one to you.  Also, if you'd like the generic one, email me and I can send it to you for proud display.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 01:29:45 PM »

Will try and get Tiggles to come

Toes
ParkINson's red and white army

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 04:36:17 PM »

More women needed for Saturday, if yo are struggling to download and print off the poster from here, email me on womenatthegame@gmail.com and I can email one to you.  Also, if you'd like the generic one, email me and I can send it to you for proud display.

Jackie Altrincham fc girls section have a facebook page could you post something i can put on there.
Due to most girls matches kicking off at 1230 by the time travel etc it sometimes quite late for them to get to games.
@AltyDaz

Ashley Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 10:38:22 PM »

Thanks for this Darren, I will have a look when I can.  Two days in hospital this week, today and tomorrow.

Women at the Game is about encouraging women to attend live sports events together in a supportive all-female group.  We meet in a non intimidating place like a cafe, travel to the game together, we designate women to be Co-ordinators who know about the ground and the game and as much information as possible about the players and anything else who wear special tops to be easily recognisable as they bear WATG logos.  We provide pre-event information to all who register with handy tips on what to wear and what to expect and stuff like that.  We help women into the ground and to where they will sit and where the facilities are.  Answer questions throughout the event and help with purchases and the journey home.  Hopefully women enjoy the game, make friends and go again.  We have a website at www.womenatthegame@wordpress.com, Twitter: @womenatthegame and Facebook: /womenatthegame.  any questions can be sent to email, womenatthegame@gmail.com

I hope this hastily typed piece helps?

Cheers

jacqui
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team