News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You couldn't make it up 12

Author Topic: You couldn't make it up 12  (Read 2032 times)

markecky

« on: May 03, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »

From official site:

"Histon manager Alan Lewer is expected to apply for a job that he already holds after the Stutes put an advert in the Non League Paper advertising his post" claims Blue Square Football. "Lewer... is expecting to discuss his future at the club when chief executive Allen Soraff returns from holiday later this month... This new turn of events has left him bewildered. He told Cambridge News: 'I heard that they might be advertising, but I wasn't told any more than that'.

Lewer is naturally keen to continue in his job and had repeated that numerous times since the completion of the season but he doesn't understand applying for a job that he is already in. 'I've got to wait and see what happens but I can't see why anyone would apply for a manager's job when a manager is already in place. I haven't been sacked and I haven't resigned. "So why would I want to apply for a job I'm already in? I haven't got a clue what they're doing'.

Histon Public Relations manager Graham Eales confirmed...'There is an advert for a new manager in the Non League Paper and the club are hoping Alan will apply for it'".

I'm loving that.  Imagine Alan Lewers face when he opened the NLP!

Dougals Dad

Re: You couldn't make it up 12
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:55:50 PM »

This is the one that - errm - puzzled me:
The Northants Evening Telegraph says that "Kettering Town Football Club could pay off Rothwell Town FC's debts in a bid to secure its own future, it has been revealed. Members of Rothwell Town voted on Thursday to first try to sell the social club and car park land to clear debts of about £350,000. But with predictions that they have just weeks to do this before administrators come in, they agreed that plan B would be to accept an offer from Poppies chairman Imraan Ladak to clear the debts.
Bones chairman Neil Griffin told the Evening Telegraph yesterday that he was stepping down from the role following the behaviour of some members at Thursday's meeting. He said: 'Imraan came along and offered to pay off the debts. It would mean Kettering would have an asset to negotiate with to keep its club alive and progress football in the borough. It could save both clubs if they could both play in Kettering... That will give Kettering an asset for them to negotiate with and try to save their club'... Mr Griffin said there was no mention at Thursday's meeting of Mr Ladak's intentions for the site".

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:00:31 PM »

??? to both.

It's an odd ol' world of nonsense out there folks!

Altysteward93

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:24:59 PM »

"Kettering owner Imraan Ladak has offered to clear Rothwell Town's £350,000 debt that threatens the Zamaretto side's existence. The exact terms of the deal are unclear, but Rothwell own their own ground just five miles away from Kettering's current base. The Poppies have two years to secure a new home while Rothwell, who reportedly have just 15 paying fans, are expected to go into Administration without a deal".
Aww 15 fans! :)

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »

"Administration without a deal". 15 fans?  surely they should be using the word "insolvent" here?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team