PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kiddy match updates
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Kiddy match updates  (Read 19917 times)

Alty365

Re: Kiddy match updates
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2008, 04:54:38 PM »

It's not the defeat in itself which annoys me, it's the fact that we were, by all accounts, so poor throughout.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »

Well I'm off to sit behind the sofa to watch Dr Who on Sci-Fi - got to be less scary than our performance today!

Get Davros in to sort out our defence!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »

Well I'm off to sit behind the sofa to watch Dr Who on Sci-Fi - got to be less scary than our performance today!

Doesn't he watch go-karting on Saturdays?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »

He lacks mobility and is not very good in the air

Alty365

« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2008, 05:02:03 PM »

Instead of talking to the team after that shambolic performance, GH apparently stormed straight out of the ground and is sat on the coach on his own sulking.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2008, 05:09:11 PM »

Instead of talking to the team after that shambolic performance, GH apparently stormed straight out of the ground and is sat on the coach on his own sulking.

Perhaps he's watching out for bricks being thrown at it...?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »

Perhaps he's watching out for bricks being thrown at it...?

Maybe he's scared of Davros!

Ashley Alty

« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2008, 05:15:26 PM »

Which fans would do that then?  Home or Away ones??

radcliffe alty

« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »

Good to see it hurt him, and hope the players see it too and realise that kind of performance - if the reports are accurate I might add - is unacceptable.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2008, 05:22:36 PM »

Not that he'll shoulder any blame himself though

Alty365

« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2008, 05:28:54 PM »

Good to see it hurt him, and hope the players see it too and realise that kind of performance - if the reports are accurate I might add - is unacceptable.

Surely any manager worth his salt would have gone in there after the game and given them a bollocking? People paid good money to go there today and see a woeful performance. The manager needs to take control of the situation, not run off and sulk on his own! A team wins together and loses together, does it not?

Still, I'm sure he'll be oozing with charm the next time someone from Setanta sticks a camera in his face....

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »

Surely any manager worth his salt would have gone in there after the game and given them a bollocking? People paid good money to go there today and see a woeful performance. The manager needs to take control of the situation, not run off and sulk on his own! A team wins together and loses together, does it not?

Still, I'm sure he'll be oozing with charm the next time someone from Setanta sticks a camera in his face....

A very good point, as he was on Thurs

Nonleaguer

« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2008, 07:26:25 PM »

Having just arrived back from the match I would raise the following points:

a) referee was absolutely shambolic, the ball struck lane in the midriff from 2-3 yards, the ref was blind side and bottled it by awarding the penalty as all the Kidderminster players screamed for handball then duly give Lane a straight red.
b) their first goal followed a pointless free kick conceded by Dougherty when in no danger, ball pumped in and goal headed in 6 yard box by big defender, questioned Coburns positioning at this?
c) It became obvious that Kidderminster applied pressure time after time on the left where Dougherty was either too slow or not quick enough at coming back from a foray up field. (let's have some more defensive discipline!!!)
d) their third goal involved Young trying to play the ball out and he was closed down and robbed of the ball resulting in another poor goal.
e) fourth goal was a great effort.

In all, we didn't trouble their keeper once but the defence needs sorting quickly.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2008, 07:44:16 PM »

One of the worst performances I've seen in a while. We can't even blame the referee or the fact we were down to 10 men as we were bloody awful from start to finish. All those that called for Peyton to play after a decent 20 minutes last week might now remember that he is an average player at best and for him to keep out Elam or Meechan is a disgrace. Talking of average Lawton is another that is possibly due to be dropped to the bench. Yes, he gives his all but his distribution is poor and rather than constantly ranting and raving at the ref he should have been organising/shouting at his team mates. Doughty is possibly the slowest fullback I've ever seen and every week is performances are getting worse. The back four on the whole are like strangers and the amount of space the Kiddy forward was allowed for their 1st goal was unbelievable.

Play Elam, Meechan and possibly Street from the start. Consider dropping Johnson as at the moment he is contributing absolute feck all. Senior is desperate for a full game and who knows what he could contribute alongside Denham, both attacking the defence.

No heart, no effort and clueless tactics by GH once again (bringing Joe on FFS!)

Meh.

VofD

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2008, 12:13:03 PM »

Could it be, that as he is currently banned from the dug-out with a 5 match ban,that he is not allowed into the dressing room at any time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kiddy match updates