News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TV & radio coverage of the FA Cup

Author Topic: TV & radio coverage of the FA Cup  (Read 1398 times)

Dougals Dad

« on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:58 PM »

Apart from GMR's preference for popular music over a penalty shoot out, Sky gave a cusrsory summary of the scores (seemingly no match reports for the top domestic cup competition in the world). There was scant coverage on Radio5Live and I am sure the Beeb would have had some highlights of replays at least in previous years - It doesn't like like there is anything on ITV though I'm in the STV region so get zilch coverage anyway.

Surely, there would at least be some interest on the possibility of some upsets by non league teams?

I dunno if BBC/Sky coverage is minimal because of losing the rights, but the coverage is very very poor.

As I say, isn't this supposed to be the top domestic cup in the world?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:18:11 PM by Jennifers Dad »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: TV & radio coverage of the FA Cup
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:23:13 PM »

The fans dont matter anymore its all about Money
Harold

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 11:23:51 PM »

unfortunatly as the big clubs have lost interest so have the media that is the sad world we live in, i mean portsmouth vs cardiff final!!!! i would'nt have thought so in this century!!!

domestic cups have been bummed by the champions league ratings im afraid, were more interested in europe now
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:27:30 PM by Jacko »

Altyant

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:50:10 PM »

Apart from GMR's preference for popular music over a penalty shoot out, Sky gave a cusrsory summary of the scores (seemingly no match reports for the top domestic cup competition in the world). There was scant coverage on Radio5Live and I am sure the Beeb would have had some highlights of replays at least in previous years - It doesn't like like there is anything on ITV though I'm in the STV region so get zilch coverage anyway.

Surely, there would at least be some interest on the possibility of some upsets by non league teams?

I dunno if BBC/Sky coverage is minimal because of losing the rights, but the coverage is very very poor.

As I say, isn't this supposed to be the top domestic cup in the world?

Apparently highlights are on ITV at 11.50pm tonight - if anybody wants to stay up that late

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 09:16:58 PM »

SKY no longer have any coverage of the FA Cup so I'm not surprised that their coverage was 'sketchy'
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team