PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That was dreadful
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: That was dreadful  (Read 12258 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
That was dreadful
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:21:11 PM »

Woefully awful
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

Re: That was dreadful
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 05:30:24 PM »

From what I have heard the manager needs to take responsibility yet again for poor decisions

He needs to get a grip or get out

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »

From what I have heard the manager needs to take responsibility yet again for poor decisions

What decisions are they? I thought he got most things spot on today.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 06:31:30 PM »

Can't blame Sinnott or the ref, we murdered them for the first 20 mins and for 20 mins in the decomd half.

For me coburn should have been at marshals feet for the first goal instead of leaving Marshall with the problem when the ball came back off the post.

A number if players simply did not perform today and were ineffective.

Not sure Gillespie should been stubbed but reeves and crowther definately was right in my opinion.

Again our weak point was when crosses came in.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »

Sorry Jamie, I missed your comments on the Bristol Rovers game last week, what were your thoughts?
Come on Alty!

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »

Had absolutely no problem with the Subs. Perry and Wilkinson seem to have an amazing working understanding. The problem today was that we were inept at dealing with set-pieces. Absolutely woeful. Marshall was at fault for the first and the entire team as a defensive unit were to blame for the second. Adam Griffin was probably our best player today for 90 minutes, but if the referee tells you that "you've gained enough, if you go any further I'm giving a throw to them" and you try and take more then he will pull you up. Gave away a throw in that led to a free-kick and a goal. If he hadn't have done that we'd have drawn today.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »

Seriously think marshals fault? The ball came to him, he had a player left and right against him, inside the 6 yard box in danger of an own goal and in my opinion coburn not commanding enough. I am one who usually supports stu but I do believe he should commanded that one.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 07:00:18 PM »

You absolutely love it when we lose don't you?

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 07:00:38 PM »

His dithering meant there was a corner in the first place. He then should have put his foot through the ball to the right back position, as there wasn't a player closing him down until he had cheated it down. I think Stu should have claimed it, but when he didn't Marshall should have got rid. He didn't, he dallied again and let Brodie the knobsock in to smash home the simplest of finishes.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 07:06:08 PM »

It wasn't dreadful at all, just naïve.  played well for the first 20 and deserved a draw
Bernard Taylors barmy army

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 07:11:56 PM »

Sorry Jamie, I missed your comments on the Bristol Rovers game last week, what were your thoughts?
Against Bristol he picked the right team and we won, in the other three games he got it wrong and we lost

I think it is pretty obvious

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 07:15:59 PM »

It wasn't dreadful at all, just naïve.  played well for the first 20 and deserved a draw

This. Also played well after we scored, and if there was going to be one winner, it was us. We're it not for silly mistakes (foul throw, conceding a foul,could Stu had done better with it), we would be on here saying that was a satisfactory point.

We cut out these silly mistakes, we will do ok. If I was a Southport fan tonight, I'd be relieved to have won but still worried, as they were poor.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 07:26:04 PM »

Against Bristol he picked the right team and we won, in the other three games he got it wrong and we lost

I think it is pretty obvious

What would your starting lineup have been, given that the team virtually picked itself today?

You never give Sinnott any credit, you never even said a single good word about him after we won the playoffs! You just wait jntil we lose and then the knives are out every time. You're predictable and your views lack balance!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:31:43 PM by Paul Cain's Chip Pan »
Come on Alty!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »

Would agree that've missed Cav badly today, had he been playing we'd have probably won that. As much as Stuart has been a top
keeper for us for years I feel this may be one season too many. Doesn't look agile enough for this level and his reluctance to come off his line causes panic and confusion at that back. Poor game today apart from the first 20 but I thought Sean Williams was superb, cant wait to get him and Cav back together in the middle for Monday

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 07:50:41 PM »

In regards to the throw in , the ref let there player  take the re throw from wrong place as he did with earlier freekick , Marshall was not to blame , I'm no Brodie fan but he reacted quicker than we did .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That was dreadful