News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Morecambe V Alty preview

Author Topic: Morecambe V Alty preview  (Read 2624 times)

shrimper

Morecambe V Alty preview
« on: March 12, 2007, 01:40:36 PM »

louise1925

Re: Morecambe V Alty preview
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:47:04 PM »

Why have you posted that on this forum? Altrincham fans understand completely that you have a strong full time side (probably play off standard) and that we have struggled near the bottom again this season. I don't get what you are trying to prove, unless you are trying to convince yourself that you are good enough to go up, although beating Alty and Crawley is hardly like to prove that anyway. For the record, York will win the play offs and we will hopefully just stay up, thus restoring the balance of power.
AltyBri

shrimper

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 10:58:19 AM »

Because we play you tonight and I thought some of your fans may be interested to hear the bit in which our manager was commenting about the prospects for the game. I'd certainly be interested to hear what your manager was saying about us.
Not trying to 'prove' anything.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 11:13:02 AM »

I don't wish to sound rude, but I doubt whether most Alty fans give a flying f*** what happens to Morecambe - we've got other things to worry about! Most of us are expecting a loss tonight, so anything other than that would be tremendous. Personally, I'd like to see you get to the final purely because you are a Lancashire club, so good luck to you guys too! I just think it will be York, but then again I thought Grays last season...
AltyBri

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:30:49 PM »

Someone's had a bad day!

shrimper

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 01:45:15 PM »

I wouldn't be so arrogant as to expect any fan of any other club to care what happens to Morecambe. The report - and the audio clip - make direct reference to Altrincham and our teams' game tonight. I thought some Alty fans might be interested in hearing and reading them.

That's all. It really is.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 01:50:20 PM »

Don't really see the need to have a go at Shrimper. He was only posting a link and I personally quite like to hear what others have to say about us sometimes.

Obviously expecting a really tough game tonight. Would be delighted with a point.

teasybeaver

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »

I quite enjoyed the link actually, cheers shrimper.

Plus, several of your players look to be overweight, are you sure they'll have time to digest their pie n chips before kick-off?

Not to mention it reminds me of how much i hate that macc town bastard!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:19:13 PM by teasybeaver »

markecky

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 02:20:33 PM »

I quite enjoyed it too..my favourite bit was when Stabby didn't know how many games they had drawn or how many points they had.  Keep up lad.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Morecambe V Alty preview