PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saunders quality
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Saunders quality  (Read 3416 times)

Jezza

Saunders quality
« on: April 01, 2010, 06:56:22 AM »

Gives us all a laugh while we sit comfortably in mid table with not a care in the world....

From the other side, Wrexham boss Dean Saunders said that "We weathered the storm in the first half, after it took us five hours to get here, which was far from ideal... We gave away a stupid penalty... Maxi has saved it... but at one-up I felt comfortable.... Then with three minutes to go they score from a set piece with an own goal. I don't think I've every seen anything like it - you just couldn't write it! At the end I'm told that the lad's thrown a punch at Frank [Sinclair], he's reacted and the linesman has given a penalty... There's 10 seconds left on the clock, they kick a hopeful ball down the channel and Curtis Obeng can do anything - apart from what he did! He's only got to clear the ball - put his head through it. But he decides to try and give it back to the keeper and we concede a corner, which leads to the penalty!... Had we managed to hang onto leads we have gained, then we could be in a play-off place now... One decision from Curtis has cost all of us".

no I've never seen anything like it either...an own goal!!! from a set piece!!! you just couldn't make it up could ya?

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Saunders quality
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 10:28:41 AM »

Point of order Mr Saunders

I don't know how long you've been involved in the game now but .......

It's not the Linesman who gives penalties, it's the referee.

and technically he's not a linesman but an assistant referee.

and surely it was not Curtis Obeng's 'decision' not 'to put his head through the ball' but Frank (I'm innocent) Sinclair whose decision to put his fist into the attacker's face that is surely to blame for the penalty ?

In the words of Alan Hansen - "Basis schoolboy errors"

Bit like your team's defending by the sound of it ?

Longman

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 10:50:51 AM »

Gives us all a laugh while we sit comfortably in mid table with not a care in the world....

From the other side, Wrexham boss Dean Saunders said that "We weathered the storm in the first half, after it took us five hours to get here, which was far from ideal... We gave away a stupid penalty... Maxi has saved it... but at one-up I felt comfortable.... Then with three minutes to go they score from a set piece with an own goal. I don't think I've every seen anything like it - you just couldn't write it! At the end I'm told that the lad's thrown a punch at Frank [Sinclair], he's reacted and the linesman has given a penalty... There's 10 seconds left on the clock, they kick a hopeful ball down the channel and Curtis Obeng can do anything - apart from what he did! He's only got to clear the ball - put his head through it. But he decides to try and give it back to the keeper and we concede a corner, which leads to the penalty!... Had we managed to hang onto leads we have gained, then we could be in a play-off place now... One decision from Curtis has cost all of us".

no I've never seen anything like it either...an own goal!!! from a set piece!!! you just couldn't make it up could ya?

Had we, what if, if only..................

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »

Had we, what if, if only..................

On that same theme Mr Saunders.. If the Board at Wrexham had got rid of you about 9 months ago then Wrexham maybe would be in the fkn playoffs..
What a tit that fool is.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 11:41:55 AM »

If Dean Saunders ever publishes his autobiography, it'll probably be called "If Only....the Meanderings of a Deluded Fantasist".

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 11:54:28 AM »

If Dean Saunders ever publishes his autobiography, it'll probably be called "If Only....the Meanderings of a Deluded Fantasist".

Followed by his sequal next year..   "The Opposition".... There part in my downfall..
 :D

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 12:12:59 PM »

Is it just me, or is singling out Obeng for personal criticism in public absolutely awful man-management?

I know it's only one instance among many, but just when you think he can't do any worse...

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »

Is it just me, or is singling out Obeng for personal criticism in public absolutely awful man-management?

I know it's only one instance among many, but just when you think he can't do any worse...

Not only dreadful man management, but totally unjustified. "If Westwood hadn't lost the toss, we'd have kicked the other way, and the prevailing wind wouldn't have helped the ball out for the corner at which Sinclair maimed their striker - definitely not Sinclair's fault, but I've stripped Westwood of the captaincy, fined him a month's wages, and transfer listed him. Frank's wife and I will be away together al next week, so I'm leaving him in charge of team affairs......." ;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »

Not only dreadful man management, but totally unjustified. "If Westwood hadn't lost the toss, we'd have kicked the other way, and the prevailing wind wouldn't have helped the ball out for the corner at which Sinclair maimed their striker - definitely not Sinclair's fault, but I've stripped Westwood of the captaincy, fined him a month's wages, and transfer listed him. Frank's wife and I will be away together al next week, so I'm leaving him in charge of team affairs......." ;D

That will be the 12 Rounds   league game against Gateshead then.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 07:13:33 PM »

The BBC adds that "Wrexham manager Dean Saunders says Frank Sinclair will be punished for his red card in the 2-2 AFC Wimbledon draw

No doubt a good spanking!

Butty

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »

The BBC adds that "Wrexham manager Dean Saunders says Frank Sinclair will be punished for his red card in the 2-2 AFC Wimbledon draw

No doubt a good spanking!

Think he is being very harsh on Sinclair, because "he isn't that sort of player"

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 09:12:14 PM »

Another pearl from Dean, after the 0 - 0 draw with Gateshead.

"I didn't notice the boos [at the end of the game], you get boos when you're winning 5-0 every week."

Just how the arse would you know about winning 5-0 you prat? dear oh dear.

jimmyhank

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »

Another pearl from Dean, after the 0 - 0 draw with Gateshead.

"I didn't notice the boos [at the end of the game], you get boos when you're winning 5-0 every week."

Just how the arse would you know about winning 5-0 you prat? dear oh dear.

The guy is clueless.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 11:36:59 PM »

I've had a think and I can't actually think of a time when I have heard a team booed off after a 5-0 win.

I think he might be losing it mentally..like really...it might be getting a bit much for him.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »

I've had a think and I can't actually think of a time when I have heard a team booed off after a 5-0 win.

I distinctly recall booing Colne Dynamoes off the pitch back in January 1990.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saunders quality