PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what have you done for alty fc?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: what have you done for alty fc?  (Read 8428 times)

Jacko

« on: March 16, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »

Would like to know on here the things you have done to help the club, from raising funds to helping out

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: what have you done for alty fc?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »

This certainly isn't going to turn into a willy measuring contest!

::)
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:18:51 PM »

::)

I'm not entering that - I wouldn't even get a consolation prize!

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »

sounds like a great fundraising idea!!!

seriously I can see why you want to know but no-one is gonna blow their own trumpet I don't think.....I do a lot of work cheriddy but don't like to talk about it!!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »

Done stuff,thats it
I used to sell program for the club,and have watched them since the Wrexham game in the 60s.
I gave a load of programs and Mal Baileys shirt to star for auctionning to help the club.Did a bit
of unofical scouted of Exeter city(not that it helped)and have helped in ways i dont want to say.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:06:42 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 07:24:13 PM »

done stuff too.

gone to the games too.

helped try drink the bar dry (never managed it mind :( )

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 08:41:32 PM »

helped spruce up the ground for three summers, match steward, taken collections, worked in the bar in the old clubhouse stuck away in Golf Road corner.  Delievered newsletters, sold raffle tickets.

Spent endless pounds on scarves, away travel, programmes, raffle tickets, match tickets...

Mind you that was all a long long time ago now.

There are people who do far far far more than I ever have and I take my cap off to them.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO MAKES MY FOOTBALL CLUB THE MOST PROFESSIONALLY RUN PART TIME CLUB IN ENGLAND.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 08:45:07 PM »

helped spruce up the ground for three summers, match steward, taken collections, worked in the bar in the old clubhouse stuck away in Golf Road corner.  Delievered newsletters, sold raffle tickets.

Spent endless pounds on scarves, away travel, programmes, raffle tickets, match tickets...

Mind you that was all a long long time ago now.

There are people who do far far far more than I ever have and I take my cap off to them.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO MAKES MY FOOTBALL CLUB THE MOST PROFESSIONALLY RUN PART TIME CLUB IN ENGLAND.

Hear hear! Well said

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »

Myself and a dozen other did a sponsered walk from maine road to old trafford and then onto alty in 1996, a great day out and a certificate from John King (that was the scary bit !)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »

Myself and a dozen other did a sponsered walk from maine road to old trafford and then onto alty in 1996, a great day out and a certificate from John King (that was the scary bit !)

Being certified by Kingy would be scary!

markecky

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 11:44:03 PM »

I remember providing drinks and stuff for that...needless to say I was in the car!

I'll not get into a what have you done debate but maybe what has Alty done for me?

Alty took me from a rather shy young teenager and gave me a purpose.  It has given me some great friendships, some tears and some great times.  Its forced me to speak at a meeting of 400 people when I only stuck my hand up to say I'd give Ready a lift with  setting up SAFE in 1995.

I have learnt how to chair a meeting with Kenny Palin doing exercises in front of you...that would put Bill Gates off a speech.

Alty made me a director of a technically insolvent company at 25 and all the legalities that went with it.

Alty has ruined many family events, has made me turn down jobs that involved Saturdays, got me 2 broken noses and a fractured cheekbone. 

And it still delighted and annoying me in equal measures now.

God Bless Alty FC

jimmyhank

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 11:58:01 PM »

If Carlsberg did part time clubs...

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 02:03:14 AM »

loads, but not as much as ecky,  !!

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 08:19:58 AM »

Would like to know on here the things you have done to help the club, from raising funds to helping out

without wanting to play devils advocate...

"why should people help the club?"

I know everyone loves the club and want success on the pitch and stability off it, but at the end of the day, when all is said and done, it's a business.

I love Barneys fish and chip shop, but i wouldn't volunteer to help out when they are looking busy. Why is football the exception?

Don't get me wrong, I go to my fair share of matches (home and away), buy a program and a pint etc. Even roped my Dad into sponsoring the calendar. I don't think i'd want to get more involved in terms of time and dedication and in money.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:25:27 AM by RocketDan »

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 08:26:30 AM »

without wanting to play devils advocate...

"why should people help the club?"

I know everyone loves the club and want success on the pitch and stability off it, but at the end of the day, when all is said and done, it's a business.

I love Barneys fish and chip shop, but i wouldn't volunteer to help out when they are looking busy. Why is football the exception?

Because I doubt you would stand outside the chippy chanting songs about "Barneys" or cheering every time he fries a fish or shouting support or slagging off the health inspector if he makes a bad decision!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team