PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The official preseason thread 2010-2011
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The official preseason thread 2010-2011  (Read 5402 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »

So then whos staying,whos going and whos coming? Anyone heard any rumours?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The official preseason thread 2010-2011
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »

I heard that Colin may be going.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »

I'm going ...........

on a cruise.....

but I should be back by August !! ;D   ;D   ;D

Just hoping the first match of the season is away   

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 11:14:41 AM »

It might be worth giving James Dean another chance. He scored 40 goals in 51 games for Halifax.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:25 AM »

I seem to remember someone on here saying Denham was leaving anyone know about that?

markecky

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 11:25:52 AM »

I seem to remember someone on here saying Denham was leaving anyone know about that?

From people who spoke to Chris at the Race Night, he was very happy here and looking forward to next season.

joe

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »

From people who spoke to Chris at the Race Night, he was very happy here and looking forward to next season.

That's great news!

It might be worth giving James Dean another chance. He scored 40 goals in 51 games for Halifax.

He's probably on more money at Halifax than we could afford to give him.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:53:19 AM »

Whilst the traditional games against the likes of Abbey Hey, Manchester United XI and a Welshie or two (Colwyn Bay probably) are good, I'd like a couple of proper random friendlies. Coleraine, Queen of the South and the Brondby Youth Team, something like that.

As for players, I wonder whether there will be a couple of handy young players forced out of Stockport due to financial constraints that might be worth a look? Smithy could put a word in with his mates?

Also, where are all these Wigan youngsters that Graham Barrow was going to send to us?

Now that Eastern Europeans can come here without restriction, I wonder if there are some Polish/Slovakian/Slovenian players who are quite handy, but not on great wages in their home country? We should have a mass trial for new arrivals in Britain at the beginning of pre-season  ;D

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 12:00:41 PM »

Whilst the traditional games against the likes of Abbey Hey, Manchester United XI and a Welshie or two (Colwyn Bay probably) are good, I'd like a couple of proper random friendlies. Coleraine, Queen of the South and the Brondby Youth Team, something like that.

As for players, I wonder whether there will be a couple of handy young players forced out of Stockport due to financial constraints that might be worth a look? Smithy could put a word in with his mates?

Also, where are all these Wigan youngsters that Graham Barrow was going to send to us?

Now that Eastern Europeans can come here without restriction, I wonder if there are some Polish/Slovakian/Slovenian players who are quite handy, but not on great wages in their home country? We should have a mass trial for new arrivals in Britain at the beginning of pre-season  ;D

I think you should join the BNP :D :D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 12:06:18 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if Danny Adams reported here for pre-season training. Also, don't be surprised if KM unearths some more gems from the Welsh League.

I'm already excited about next season!
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:32 PM »

If you held a gun against my head and asked me to name two players who may not be here next season. Then I would say Robbie Lawton and perhaps Big John McCalisky.

Having said that I do believe that we need another Striker (of proven BSP standard) and a creative midfielder. I am more than happy with the defence we have and Denham and Clee who give us plenty of width. We could then kick on further up the league.

I fear money will be the determining issue and unless I manage to win the lottery between now and August I hope some injection of much needed, well balanced long term investment will appear from somewhere..

I hope to be able to assist in the pre season tarting up of the ground this year.. (As long as it doesnt include changing bulbs on the floodlights)  :o

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »

If you held a gun against my head and asked me to name two players who may not be here next season. Then I would say Robbie Lawton and perhaps Big John McCalisky.

Having said that I do believe that we need another Striker (of proven BSP standard) and a creative midfielder. I am more than happy with the defence we have and Denham and Clee who give us plenty of width. We could then kick on further up the league.

I fear money will be the determining issue and unless I manage to win the lottery between now and August I hope some injection of much needed, well balanced long term investment will appear from somewhere..

I hope to be able to assist in the pre season tarting up of the ground this year.. (As long as it doesnt include changing bulbs on the floodlights)  :o

McAliskey has to be first out of the door. I think he's tried his best, but he's nowhere near as good as Dale, and Dale will be back next season.

I don't mind keeping Robbie as a squad player. He and Danylyk are similar though, so if desperately seeking a way to free up funds, I suppose releasing the older of the two might make sense.

It's all about waiting for the big FA Cup payout and kicking on from there. That'll give us the option to bring in a couple of players, increase our advertising budget, boost crowds a little. Until then we'll have to make-do, and we're doing very well at the minute.

fuertes

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

We should have a mass trial for new arrivals in Britain at the beginning of pre-season  ;D

I think you should join the BNP :D :D

Oops. Perhaps I should have read that back and re-phrased  :D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »

The must is a proven goalscorer

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 05:46:33 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if Danny Adams reported here for pre-season training. Also, don't be surprised if KM unearths some more gems from the Welsh League.

I'm already excited about next season!

Geoff Kellaway is worth a look definitely. And, talking to Rob Williams at the race night he is good friends with Luke Sherbon who is also worth a look at, so hopefully, If he is rated by the manegement team, Rob could put a good word in.  :)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team