News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley owner quits in a major flounce on the crawley forum

Author Topic: Crawley owner quits in a major flounce on the crawley forum  (Read 3637 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Very professional as always! Club now facing another winding up order, and the clubs owners tosses it on their forum! sadly you have to register to read it, unless some good soul can cut and paste the flounce on here!!  :D

markecky

Re: Crawley owner quits in a major flounce on the crawley forum
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »

They are bankrolling it bigtime down there so this is very bad news for them.

"I know some have been supportive, however it is not enough. Personally I am thoroughly sick and tired with not only the lack of support, but also the constant negativity.

I have given everything and more over the last 2 years, neglecting my own business, home and family in the process, why? Because I thought Crawley Town FC and the fans were worth it. Yet people who do not know me think they have the right to call me lazy and negative. Ask anyone who does know and they will tell you, you are talking absolutely crap.

People who obviously have absolutely no idea of the problems the club face do nothing else except criticise and complain. People who call themselves supporters, brag on here that they have lied to get reduced entry – effecting defrauding the club, and they are proud of themselves because they were not caught! They should be ashamed of themselves. Before anyone asks questions of me in future, ask questions of each other first.

If anyone cannot understand why the club does not do all the things you want us to do, or suggest we do, it is very simple mathematics, which I know for some is very difficult to understand.

The bottom line is, I personally paid for the sign which was supplied at a discounted price by Signs Express, for which I am very grateful to Signs Express.

If you seriously think what we receive from the attendances we get, and after people have cheated the club , that it is enough to run a football club, let alone buy new signs or make investments, you are seriously deluding yourself.

But that is not good enough is it, I work hard for the club, more hours than a full time job some weeks, for no financial reward. I work hard in at my own full time job and help support the club financially, which without it would not have survived, let alone had a new sign. But the first comment has to be sarcastic one!

It just about sums it all up, and for me I have had enough. So I say to all you smart @!)@! If you think you can do a better job, be my guest.
Like the sign, hate the sign? I do not care, without my money and the generosity of Signs Express you would not have one. What have you actually done?

In future I will be using my time and hard earned money wisely, elsewhere, where it is appreciated, it will not be for the benefit of a football club and 7-800 supporters.

I wish all our true supporters and Crawley Town FC the very best of luck in the future. I can honestly say it has been an experience, but one I do not have to continue "
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:11:43 PM by markecky »

JonnyKeen

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »

How could the fans be so horrible?

He buys them a new sign and this is how they repay him!? Unbelievable...

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »

There are always a few at every club....we've got them here.

I'm staggered these people cannot understand that and throw their toys out ignoring the hundreds of thanks and well done the board for steadying the ship they may get.

Although i undertsand it will pi$$ anyone to have one negative comment or a few after giving up your time and money not very fair on the people who have supported you.

Geoff

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:46:54 PM »

I'm reserving judgement on this one until I find out what the sign actually says

markecky

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »

I'm reserving judgement on this one until I find out what the sign actually says

The sign could be the biggest debate on here since the stoppers

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 10:04:16 PM »

Apparently it was a  'plush' one outside the ground announcing forthcoming fixtures which some crawley fan on the messageboard took exception to the club spending the money on when it was so skint. The woman who resigned claimed to have paid for it however so i'm not sure what the problem is really.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »

The sign actually said "P1ss Here".  I'm moving it to Northwich Vics next week.

I paid for that sign, out of my own pocket.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

There you go

@AltyDaz

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 04:36:17 AM »

What's a woman doing running a football club anyway ? She should be at home cooking her husband's dinner and sorting out the ironing - she's obviously not afull shilling anyway, since she has a high opinion of Steve Evans.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 07:47:33 AM »

What a surprise!!!
Crawley should have folded years ago. The only reason that I want them to survive is because its the nearest ground to my house.
They cant possibly survive on gates of 680. Crawley have reduced their entrance fees to attract more fans and it does not seem to work. Against us I paid £10 for an Adult and £1 for a 7 year old. Last season they charged £13 and £5 to stand on that shabby terrace.
Crawley Town FC do not have a popular name in the area due to the way they been rund particualrly by the Majeeds.

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 07:53:56 AM »

If our board suddenly put a sign up like that we'd be in raptures about what a forward thinking move it was and how it would strategically attract new business.

In fact it's a disgrace we haven't got one....sack the board!!!!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 09:24:06 AM »

No I agree with them, what an ugly sign
Bernard Taylors barmy army

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 09:41:25 PM »

I find that a very nice sign.  It's a sign of things to come.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley owner quits in a major flounce on the crawley forum