* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who?

Author Topic: Who?  (Read 2079 times)

Dougals Dad

Who?
« on: November 06, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »

From the main site: "According to Blue Square Football from the BBC Non League show, "Four or five top Non League clubs are on the brink of going under, that's the stark warning this week from one Chairman involved in his own financial battle. Whatever your love affair with Grays owner Mick Woodward, if he's right in his assertion, then a mighty black hole is about to rock up underneath the grassroots game. I'm not going to name names, but I've a fair idea who those clubs might be, and I know my reaction to it, but how does it make you feel?...

Now in a week when at least two respected Chairmen have stepped forward backing up the rumours, is it time to fear the worst?... If the rumours are true, five clubs, you've all heard of, five separate sets of fans, five histories spanning hundreds of years, supposedly near the pinnacle of the non-league game could be about to disappear, then how many others?... Sit down and have the same conversation with any fan at Scarborough or at Halifax and ask them how they felt, when debts spiralled out of control". "

Grays are one, who are the rest? It is a terrible shame for people like Mick Woodward who have shown such integrity, but there have been club owners/chairmen with less.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Who?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »

Vxcs
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:43:22 PM »

Weymouth, Rushden, Oxford, Grays (?)

can't think of a 5th, unless they are counting Lewes as a huge club, possibly vics. Assuming crawleys troubles are over for the moment... Salisbury were mentioned a couple of weeks ago to be in debt. Thats bout it, but doesnt leave many left.   :-\

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:45:59 PM »

For once, not us!  ;D

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 05:38:42 AM »

THE Who.

We are the mods, we are the mods, we are we are we are the mods.

Yes, I';ve recently seen a film called Quadrophenia. It was intriguing.

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 07:59:56 AM »

I wouldn't be suprised if it was more than five. Woking, Rushden, Grays, Weymouth, Vics are the obvious ones.There's probably at least three more who are close to making (not-so) startling admissions of their financial crisis.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 08:35:13 AM »

I'm sure Lewes will be one of them. They will be classed as 'big' as they're in the BSP
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »

Leigh genesis......a titanic collapse that has rocked the non league football scene and will have far reaching repurcussions.

They're gonna do a Ebsfleet my club by the looks of things.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who?