PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer Targets
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Transfer Targets  (Read 17620 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Targets
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2023, 10:58:43 AM »

Just as an interesting point, tomorrow night we are playing against a striker who has hit 21 in 28 games. To be honest, even though the player is from a lower league, these are the sorts of players we can look at. I know it doesn't mean it will work at a higher level, but they are worth at least a look. Saw that in the Alty site in the match preview and alarm bells started ringing. These players are looking for chances bat a higher level I am sure.

Need to recall Zak Goodson maybe sooner rather than later.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2023, 11:16:29 AM »

I don't think we can get him back until he's been there for a month.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2023, 12:14:20 PM »

Just as an interesting point, tomorrow night we are playing against a striker who has hit 21 in 28 games. To be honest, even though the player is from a lower league, these are the sorts of players we can look at. I know it doesn't mean it will work at a higher level, but they are worth at least a look. Saw that in the Alty site in the match preview and alarm bells started ringing. These players are looking for chances bat a higher level I am sure.

The lad from Vauxhall is 30 years of age, I very much doubt he'd be a part of our plans.

One player I'm sure would have been feasible at various points over the past 2-3 seasons is Kurt Willoughby - who was being heavily linked to Oldham at a similar time to Ryan Colclough.

I still think Danny Elliott fits the bill, given Boreham Wood don't seem to fancy him that much and Gateshead will likely go down.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2023, 12:28:15 PM »

As mentioned after the Wrexham Trophy match… Young Bickerstaff is exactly who we should be bringing in… Surely a little PP 2 PP chat could get that over the line! Even if just til the end of the season.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2023, 12:31:04 PM »

As mentioned after the Wrexham Trophy match… Young Bickerstaff is exactly who we should be bringing in… Surely a little PP 2 PP chat could get that over the line! Even if just til the end of the season.

Yep, surely we fit the profile of the type of club they'd send him to...? He'd be the main man here, and could thrive.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2023, 12:39:07 PM »

The lad from Vauxhall is 30 years of age, I very much doubt he'd be a part of our plans.

One player I'm sure would have been feasible at various points over the past 2-3 seasons is Kurt Willoughby - who was being heavily linked to Oldham at a similar time to Ryan Colclough.

I still think Danny Elliott fits the bill, given Boreham Wood don't seem to fancy him that much and Gateshead will likely go down.

Lets hope our FT scout reads the forum
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2023, 11:51:09 PM »

Isn't there a forward at Nantwich who impressed pre season? Iwonder if he is worth another look.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2023, 07:25:43 AM »

Isn't there a forward at Nantwich who impressed pre season? Iwonder if he is worth another look.

Dan Cockerline? From memory I believe he's at University and has no desire to go full-time.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2023, 08:12:14 PM »

Dan Cockerline? From memory I believe he's at University and has no desire to go full-time.

Thanks, that's the chap!

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2023, 12:50:13 AM »

We need some perspective here… Facts in fact…

1. We lose a couple of loan signings and 2 of our best players
2. We have built a good relationship and are looking to bring in 2 more United youngsters
3. We have signed a top prospect from Coventry until end of the season
4. A decent right back in Welch-Hales
5. Gyasi is looking decent and a quick turn of pace
7. Only a month deal to start but another forward from Fleetwood.

We then have young talent signed up and learning their trade out on loan.

Oh and forgot to mention that we are 13th in a bloody tough league, have a core of at least 6 quality players to build a team around and a management team that rival most across the division.

Bloody sh*t we are!!!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2023, 07:51:07 AM »

We need some perspective here… Facts in fact…

1. We lose a couple of loan signings and 2 of our best players
2. We have built a good relationship and are looking to bring in 2 more United youngsters
3. We have signed a top prospect from Coventry until end of the season
4. A decent right back in Welch-Hales
5. Gyasi is looking decent and a quick turn of pace
7. Only a month deal to start but another forward from Fleetwood.

We then have young talent signed up and learning their trade out on loan.

Oh and forgot to mention that we are 13th in a bloody tough league, have a core of at least 6 quality players to build a team around and a management team that rival most across the division.

Bloody sh*t we are!!!

Thanks for this - it's time for new heroes to step forward. In Alty we trust - one step back, two forward.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2023, 08:40:05 AM »

Losing 2 excellent loanees and 2 excellent first teamers is absolutely massive - no point talking it down.

We should wait to see how the United youngsters thing pans out - have any of them actually played yet?

The 'top prospect' has had loan spells before - there's no telling whether we'll be 'his club' (hopefully we are)

Welch-Hales and Gyasi on the face of it look good temporary signings - I'll give you that!

It sounds like the Fleetwood lad is here on a very temporary basis.

Hand on heart, are any of the lads we have sent out on loan anywhere near the first team?

We are 13th...for now. Relegation can certainly not be ruled out given the upheaval.

I would get used to Marriott being one of the core of 6 as much as I'd get used to PP being our manager next season - it seems everyone has a price.

If we want to talk about reality...

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2023, 09:35:47 AM »

Losing 2 excellent loanees and 2 excellent first teamers is absolutely massive - no point talking it down.

We should wait to see how the United youngsters thing pans out - have any of them actually played yet?

The 'top prospect' has had loan spells before - there's no telling whether we'll be 'his club' (hopefully we are)

Welch-Hales and Gyasi on the face of it look good temporary signings - I'll give you that!

It sounds like the Fleetwood lad is here on a very temporary basis.

Hand on heart, are any of the lads we have sent out on loan anywhere near the first team?

We are 13th...for now. Relegation can certainly not be ruled out given the upheaval.

I would get used to Marriott being one of the core of 6 as much as I'd get used to PP being our manager next season - it seems everyone has a price.

If we want to talk about reality...

You are exactly what we don’t need right now. Glass half empty when there is so much good to shout about. I hope that you hand your season ticket in soon, put in a transfer request and take your gloom somewhere else!

Honestly… some people on here!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2023, 11:22:18 AM »

Cheers for that. Of course you are perfectly entitled to your opinion (as this is a fan forum). Let's see what happens next, eh?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2023, 12:08:04 PM »

I'll throw another one into the mix, given we're talking about Rochdale... Ian Henderson?

Club legend, now 38(!) but fit as a fiddle (he's into that Herbalife nonsense), brings others into play - great pedigree, has scored a goal every 300 mins in League Two.

Might be worth asking them a favour till the end of the season.

EDIT: just seen Hugill has come in! - that's a hell of a statement...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer Targets