News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Released Lists

Author Topic: Released Lists  (Read 597 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Released Lists
« on: May 02, 2024, 09:27:05 AM »

Coming through thick and fast now... any that have caught the eye?

In terms of adding experience to the middle of the park, I know one or two have mentioned Ryan Croasdale from Stockport - but if wage bills on Google are to be believed, he's on £1.7k and still only 28 so I doubt he'd be looking to take a 'step down' just yet.

Looking at Wrexham's - again, no idea how accurate - Luke Young would perform a very similar job (both have worn the armband for their respective clubs), lower wage and he's 31 now - our project could work for him?

Looking in the other direction, Matty Williams was offered a contract by Chester in February and hasn't signed it - still only 23 and one of the best at that level  :)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Released Lists
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 11:03:26 AM »

My County supporting work colleague reckons Croadale would be a good fit for Alty.He also thinks if CCC signs for them he wont get in front of Sarcevic or Nick Powell for a while.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 02:19:36 PM »

My County supporting work colleague reckons Croadale would be a good fit for Alty.He also thinks if CCC signs for them he wont get in front of Sarcevic or Nick Powell for a while.

I agree on Croasdale but we'll just have to see what the budget allows - someone of the ilk of Croasdale / Young would be fantastic if we can do it.

Obviously I'm desperate for him to stay, but I do think Stockport would probably be one of the better moves for CCC than most - but he might have to wait for one or both of those two to move aside, as you say.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 02:25:49 PM »

I agree on Croasdale but we'll just have to see what the budget allows - someone of the ilk of Croasdale / Young would be fantastic if we can do it.

Obviously I'm desperate for him to stay, but I do think Stockport would probably be one of the better moves for CCC than most - but he might have to wait for one or both of those two to move aside, as you say.

Maybe we could sell him, but take him back on a season-long loan?
Come on Alty!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 03:03:49 PM »

Croasdale would be a perfect fit for both parties but not a cat in hell's chance we would meet his wages.

Should Solihull win the play off final, Mark Beck would probably be available and I think he would be an excellent fit.

Matty Williams from Chester is an interesting one, as is Liam Edwards.

Obviously, we don't want CCC to leave but a very realistic scenario would see the return of Coco in part exchange.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 03:05:13 PM »

I think Stockport will be in for a shock in L1 so I wouldn't bet on it.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:09:10 AM »

Striker Rob Harker released by Halifax .Big forward

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 10:18:34 AM »

Do we ever release one of these lists?
I think we probably do one for various reasons but don't publicise it. 🤔
Also, really hoping that there's not going to be a lot of 'teasing' and drawing out who's signing on this year!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 11:33:30 AM »

They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. They release the details as they happen and are accused of teasing. Or wait until the last player signs before releasing the player's list. They are then accused of drawing it out. Take your choice   

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Today at 11:40:39 AM »

They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. They release the details as they happen and are accused of teasing. Or wait until the last player signs before releasing the player's list. They are then accused of drawing it out. Take your choice

My choice would be the former without the "big news at 1pm tomorrow" scenario
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Today at 02:23:38 PM »

Me too. We must stop agreeing. We will have people talking. Lol

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Today at 02:25:34 PM »

Me too. We must stop agreeing. We will have people talking. Lol

Cheeky! 😉
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Released Lists