PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the squad
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: the squad  (Read 15260 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: the squad
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 10:32:58 AM »

Well for what its worth I think Acton was a bit unlucky to get dropped when he was on decent form.  Stuart Coburn is a legend but there should be competition for places throughout the squad, including goalkeeper.

I think the squad overall is better than last season.  Lawton has been a good signing, and Munroe & Rose at the back looks more solid. Chalmers has done brilliantly.  Still too weak upfront but I guess the money simply isn't there to get who we want.  Same old problem...

I see having an opinion has earnt me some Peakes  ::) <sigh>

Sorry, I forgot that we all had to agree... Coburn is completely faultless, GH is a tactical genius, Joe O'Neill is player of the season.. anything else I've forgotten?  ::)

ioko

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 11:23:22 AM »

I agree. Football is all about performances in the here and now. Thats why I cant believe that Pottsy is still getting a run out from the bench.

brian rooney

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 01:06:15 PM »

I would love Pottsy to get fit again, because he is clearly one of the players we have who has the class to compete at Conference National level. However, how long have we been saying this? Would love him to prove us all wrong, but think more realistically that we'll see him as coach/manager one day, rather than as a speedy right winger.
AltyBri

ioko

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 05:43:19 PM »

See Eddie as more likely to moving onto the coaching side. Isnt he taking badges?

Daycare Dan

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2006, 07:44:24 PM »

I would love Pottsy to get fit again, because he is clearly one of the players we have who has the class to compete at Conference National level.

Pottsy does not have the fitness or the consistency to play well at this level. Don't get me wrong he has had some quality games for us, but I don't thinks he's upto it at National level.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2006, 10:38:28 PM »

Unfortunately Dan, I would have to agree with you, Colin does not appear to have what it takes at this level. I keep hoping he will prove us wrong!! Come on Colin!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the squad