News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More Clubs in the sh*t

Author Topic: More Clubs in the sh*t  (Read 3442 times)

Alty Phil

More Clubs in the sh*t
« on: December 15, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/woking/7781884.stm

It's not as if they're a Northwich type club spending ridiculous amounts though. Even so, Woking need investment if they're losing 300 grand a year next season.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: More Clubs in the sh*t
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »

"I think regionalisation has to come, Wrexham away is a huge journey for fans who want to see a game of football."

No disrespect to Barrow there, who must be a further 150 miles !!!

Alty Phil

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 08:08:14 PM »

Surely he can't be talking about Lewes there as well as his own club? They brought alll of 2 fans up when they played us.

penfold

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »

Regionalisation how would that work? Would it be like having a conference North/South system but it would be called the Blue Square Premier Conference North/South, and less teams in the league? Surly its a terrible idea which will balls up the whole point of the conference!

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:24:33 PM »

absolutely     the problem is not that the league is national, its that the teams are spending way beyond their means on other things

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »

Personally I would go further and regionalise leagues 1 and 2 as well
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:04:36 PM »

Merge the current Div 2 with the Blue Sq Premier, and have Div 2 North and South.

The leagues below would be the Blue Square North and South, and would then have promotion/relegation automatically into the respective Div 2 North and South leagues.

All teams in those leagues would have less travel distance and lower costs.

Cant see what the problems would be from those.

Anybody think that would work, or is it pooey!!

Steve from Sale

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 04:19:11 AM »

Far too sensible Steve...more likely the BSP will be merged with the Scottish 2nd 3rd div and we'll play 3 games a week.

On Steve's idea you could see how they could have a sort of champions cup perhaps to replace the league cup to find the overall champs and create a bit of interest nationally.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 05:58:49 AM »

It's funny since the Premiership came into being and they keep the money the get(at one time some went to smaller clubs)more and more small clubs seem to be in financial trouble,i wonder?
Harold

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »

Agree with CP and Jiminlondon. You can't take it as a given that this bloke will plough in 300k annually, then when he doesn't go and claim the leagues need to be regionalised to save money.

Take the hit, cut costs, get relegated and at least you'll have learnt your lesson.

Didn't Geoff say that he's had a couple of people offer to stick some cash in to Alty but he'd turned them down because it's not sustainable? Now that's the correct way to run a football club.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 10:51:10 AM »

i was thinking about this last night in bed
i think this is people who dont remember before the conference/apl when it was indeed the case that non league was regional, and a bit crap.
the point of it all was to give a point to the pyramid and to raise standards as the better clubs would be playing each other every week. i honestly think that these reasons still stand up.
what has gone wrong is all these clubs having big ideas that they are full time professional clubs in the 5th division. if they cut their cloth according to their income then a few away trips would not cost that much.
i know i'm preaching to the converted, but this infects football all the way down - from bsn teams going full time to premier league teams deciding to break the top 4, all with little or no reason to believe it is viable.
play at your level, have ambition and try to grow your club
how many admins do we need before someone says enough?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 10:59:36 AM »

If they regionised and merged League2 and Blue Square Premier if would certainly help us. We would have more local games like Macc, Chester, Crewe, Bury and Rochdale. Meaning more people through the turnstiles. Downside would be more potential for trouble between supporters.
They really should be beating teams like us

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 11:27:11 AM »

If they regionised and merged League2 and Blue Square Premier if would certainly help us. We would have more local games like Macc, Chester, Crewe, Bury and Rochdale. Meaning more people through the turnstiles. Downside would be more potential for trouble between supporters.

i do agree with that just not with regionalising the bsp

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

I think the 1st & 2nd Rounds of the FA Cup should be regionalised again to cut down on costs , environment effects etc.

We constantly here about Credit Crisis & global warming & the Football authorities don't do anything to help & in some cases
appear to go out of their way to make things worse.

I mean Blyth going to Bournemouth, what the hell is that all about & a Replay to come.

Carlisle v Grays ..ridiculous ... this match being played THREE times - How much did that cost
everyone ?

Come on FA...get some sense back into this.

Altyant

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 10:15:35 PM »

Fair point
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More Clubs in the sh*t