PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Sorry to break it to you...  (Read 34365 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Sorry to break it to you...
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »

I'll be honest what I don't get about FC United of Manchester is that you still sing songs about Leeds, City and Co and 'Busby'.

Surely you have broken away from the club altogether if that annoyed? and what happens if the Glazers go.. Will you then go back to Old Trafford ? Will you celebrate a Championship and support Man U in Euro Cup Final ?

The only way I will believe in FC United of Manchester is if that the fans were soley fans of that club and nothing else ... Not having the best of both worlds ?

I don't care for MUFC or FCUM whatsover and neither used to interest me so its been good to get an opinion from a person who supports FC United of Manchester.

louise1925

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2008, 11:14:15 AM »

I have been wondering why this has not been raised before now. I was present at the 'friendly' two seasons ago and honestly thought I was hearing things when FC fans began chanting anti-Leeds songs. I can understand the reasons for FCUMs formation, but I don't get the Man U chants. Wouldn't FCUM have more pride and identity if they sang their own songs? Just a thought.

doctorsax

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2008, 11:38:28 AM »

In brief answer to the last two posters, the simple fact is that FC United was formed, and is supported by, Manchester United fans, hence the United songs
The fall-out was not with MUFC, but with the people who bought the club, and the people who run it for them ie David Gill etc.
There is no quarrel with the players (Other than misgivings about the salaries of some, and the attitude of certain individuals) and no problem with genuine United fans as a whole.
There are still plenty who go to both clubs (I know OT season ticket holders who enjoy coinmg to FC for the craic, and broadly support what qe are doing, even though they couldn't give up MUFC), just as there are a fair few who see no conflict in going to both Alty and Utd/City.

Popeye

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »

I'll be honest what I don't get about FC United of Manchester is that you still sing songs about Leeds, City and Co and 'Busby'.

Surely you have broken away from the club altogether if that annoyed? and what happens if the Glazers go.. Will you then go back to Old Trafford ? Will you celebrate a Championship and support Man U in Euro Cup Final ?

The only way I will believe in FC United of Manchester is if that the fans were soley fans of that club and nothing else ... Not having the best of both worlds ?

I don't care for MUFC or FCUM whatsover and neither used to interest me so its been good to get an opinion from a person who supports FC United of Manchester.

I can only offer you my own personal view; no doubt someone will say something else.

But FC in the first instance for me was a United supporters club for United supporters who opposed Glazer’s takeover, and who were unwilling to then say balls to it, and still give him their money anyway.  FC was a way to keep United fans together, instead of them just fading away into the world of B&Q on a Saturday afternoon with the missus.

As ticket prices rise even further, FC will welcome supporters who have been priced out of Old Trafford to keep them involved with football and with United.

It also has to be said that FC is more then just Glazer opposition.  Manchester United was going to the dogs a long time before Glazer turned up, Glazer was the final straw for me.

FC has now been established for 3 years, in that time we’ve got things wrong, but we’ve also done a lot of good.  We have also developed a very pally fan base with friendships being forged with people you never knew before.  FC is turning into what I can only describe as a community club with camaraderie and support for each other which is brilliant.

Of course though we are still United fans, you cant just turn your back on something completely, I was a season ticket holder for 6 years and went to my first United game at the age of 5, others have been United since the 50’s, you don’t switch those feelings off.  Some attend both United and FC, others like me, have decided to be United fans just not a paying customer.  I obviously consider FC separate to Big United as clubs, but believe that we share the same history and traditions which at the end of the day is more important then just bricks and mortar.

I was in a pub in town a couple of weeks ago cheering on United as they beat Arsenal.  In that pub were some FC Board members, Karl Marginson and two players, I don’t think any of us forget where we came from.

As for what if Glazer went, well you have to ask what are the options post Glazer, the chances that United supporters can buy the club is very very unlikely.  So we’d be reliant upon a white knight, but what will that mean for the supporter.  The simple answer is until we get to the bridge, I simply don’t know, but since May 2005, no matter how much I kid myself, I know deep down I wont be going back.

That’s my view anyway.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2008, 11:43:17 AM »

ok and back to my original question please, what happens to FC United of Manchester when the Glazers leave Old trafford ?

From the few Man U fans I know I believe that FCUM fans are not always welcomed at Manchester United games as you turned your back on your club ? Something may i add I would never do as no matter who comes and goes Altrincham FC will be the main thing.

Sorry if I'm being nosey but nice to have a sensible debate\conversation with someone involved in it.

----
ah just seen your reply....
-----

I'm afraid you have just made FC united of Manchester more of a laugh than I first thought... sorry... This argument proves you could have just watched ANY football on a saturday if you are still cheering on manchester united and calling yourself man u fans.

doctorsax

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2008, 11:57:28 AM »

I'm afraid you have just made FC united of Manchester more of a laugh than I first thought... sorry... This argument proves you could have just watched ANY football on a saturday if you are still cheering on manchester united and calling yourself man u fans.

How many times does someone have to say this before it sinks in:
A. the core of opposition wanted to stay together as a community, and continue watching football, and
B. We wanted "our club, our rules"

Now, how else could we have done that without walking en masse to, say, Alty, and then demanding things were done our way? I don't think you would have liked that much, would you?

Every single football club in existence was formed by like-minded individuals, the vast majority of them ignoring other, already-established clubs.

I believe Alty were formed in 1903. Why didn't the founders simply go and support one of the other established clubs, who I am sure would have been glad of their support and money?
Why was it any less relevant in 2005 than it was in 1903?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2008, 12:05:15 PM »

Its more to the point that you still support and cheer on Manchester United PLC and prob call yoursleves Manchester United fans but FCUM when it suits... For me you have either got fed up with the club or you have not ?

You have a football club who I'm sure you have supported for a long time, I just find it hard to understand how and why you would turn you back on it .. but then not really turn your back on it ...

Are you FC united or  man united . If you are both then whats the point ? barr for a bit of publicity ?

I am more concerned at what happens at FC United of Manchester when the glazers go ... Does everyone flood back to Man U, but it seems that question has been answered a little.

It seems you formed a team\club when Man U weren't doing so well and now they are winning things you are 'fans' again ... just an outsiders point of view... for me its all or nothing. Believe in it or don't .. there shouldn't be an inbetween or you are just wanting the best of both worlds.

I am not against the idea of 'new clubs' forming at all but I'm sure when alty was formed they didn't say .. But we have xxxx to support as well so we can be fans of two teams as and when suits...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:07:49 PM by gazwarrington »

Jezza

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2008, 12:12:52 PM »

This guy has obviously never heard of the evolution of the local football team.

These are prawn sandwich munchers with a new toy and they can't decide wether to play with the old toy as well or not.

A joke.....our club our rules indeed.....watch the prices rise as they have to compete in BSN and then BSP and beyond.....and watch them agree this is justifiable coz they're the ones making the same decision they'd slam if someone else was making it.....watch the need for segregation and all seater stadia......watch the moving of FCUM matches to sunday for setanta.......in fact watch all the things they say they wanted a club to be evaporate due to the normal things happening over the evolution of a club as it progresses.

And a club that could dissolve instantly if things change at their real club..........ludicorus.

Popeye

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »

Its more to the point that you still support and cheer on Manchester United PLC and prob call yoursleves Manchester United fans but FCUM when it suits... For me you have either got fed up with the club or you have not ?

You have a football club who I'm sure you have supported for a long time, I just find it hard to understand how and why you would turn you back on it .. but then not really turn your back on it ...

Are you FC united or  man united . If you are both then whats the point ? barr for a bit of publicity ?

I am more concerned at what happens at FC United of Manchester when the glazers go ... Does everyone flood back to Man U, but it seems that question has been answered a little.

It seems you formed a team\club when Man U weren't doing so well and now they are winning things you are 'fans' again ... just an outsiders point of view... for me its all or nothing. Believe in it or don't .. there shouldn't be an inbetween or you are just wanting the best of both worlds.

I am not against the idea of 'new clubs' forming at all but I'm sure when alty was formed they didn't say .. But we have xxxx to support as well so we can be fans of two teams as and when suits...

You admit you dont get it and you asked for views, you now have views and you still dont get it, I have answered your questions to try and inform your opinion from my personal persepctive, then you freely come back with statements which only the misinformed could levy which I personally find quite insulting.

I suggest you read my last post again and again, and to get the full jist.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »

ok. maybe a more 'summed up' post would be I 'get it' but don't agree with it still (sorry) but obviously there are plenty of people who do and that is why you are still continuing and thrieving.

Its all about opinions and I am grateful for your views on the subject.

Popeye

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »

This guy has obviously never heard of the evolution of the local football team.

These are prawn sandwich munchers with a new toy and they can't decide wether to play with the old toy as well or not.

A joke.....our club our rules indeed.....watch the prices rise as they have to compete in BSN and then BSP and beyond.....and watch them agree this is justifiable coz they're the ones making the same decision they'd slam if someone else was making it.....watch the need for segregation and all seater stadia......watch the moving of FCUM matches to sunday for setanta.......in fact watch all the things they say they wanted a club to be evaporate due to the normal things happening over the evolution of a club as it progresses.

And a club that could dissolve instantly if things change at their real club..........ludicorus.

You have never met me yet your very quick to judge that I am a "prawn sandwich muncher" because I support FC?  Quite an outstanding leap of judgement there.

I'll answer the rest by summing it up, FC is owned by the decision makers, thats myself and other members who make up the fan base of FC (this is aside from the third of the gate who are under 16),

I am happy with this setup and thats all you need to worry about really, unless that is that you want to pay the tenner a year and join up so you can debate these issues of ticket prices, TV exposure and segregation at our two general meetings a year with the rest of us.

AltySi

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »

FC united = Joke
FC United Playing at Altrincham = Joke

Goodnight

doctorsax

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »

Popeye, I think we're wasting our time here mate.
The prejudice is beyond belief.

But if we are just making up stuff on which to base our arguments, how about this:
I don't know anything about Altrincham FC, but as an outsider it seems to me that they are just a bunch of necrophiliacs who had nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon when the local Marks and Spencer shut down. I also believe, though I have no evidence to back it up, that 98 per cent of them also go and watch Aberystwyth Town when Alty are away.

I'll say it again - FCUM fans are STILL overwhelmingly MUFC fans. The suggestion that we split from United "when things weren't going so well" is just plain stupid - we had just been to an FA Cup final and had again qualified for the CL and all those lovely Euro aways.
If that is the idiotic level of your argument, there really is no point.

For your information, there is no longer a Manchester United plc - it disappeared when the takeover took place. But you don't want to let poor research get in the way of your arguments.
And we NEVER supported the plc. We supported Manchester United FOOTBALL CLUB which was subsumed, first of all by the Edwards family and then by the plc, and now by the Glazers.

We continue to support Manchester United FOOTBALL CLUB, which means we have no problem with the players (other than a grumble about certain indivduals), the manager (even though he has made an arse of himself over FC), and other genuine Utd fans - our beef is entirely with the Glazers and the suits.
Love United Hate Glazer.
FC United is an expression of our love for United and hatred for Glazer, and the rest of his ilk, who are ruining football.

We see no contradiction in supporting FCUM and MUFC, any more than we would in supporting Utd and Utd reserves. We are a part of Manchester United, whether Glazer, Gill, Fergie or Tarquin from the South Stand agrees or not.

PS just seen your "post" Pork Pie.
Well argued mate - your intellect is clearly way too advanced for us to compete

Jezza

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2008, 12:57:18 PM »

unless that is that you want to pay the tenner a year and join up so you can debate these issues of ticket prices, TV exposure and segregation at our two general meetings a year with the rest of us.

But that's the whole point...the issues you mention above are out of your hands.....unless when FCUM reach the BSP they are going to go against police advice and not segregate, they are happy not to compete with the big spenders and not put prices up to a realistic level to compete at last with clubs who get similar gates and FCUM decide not to take setanta money and refuse their cameras into your ground????

Popeye

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »

FC united = Joke
FC United Playing at Altrincham = Joke

Goodnight

I've got a better sum

FC United
+
FC United Playing at Altrincham = Double Joke
-
Altrincham cyber warriors getting upperty about joke club playing a couple of games at Moss Lane next season

=

Errrrrrrr  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...