PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Sorry to break it to you...  (Read 34368 times)

Jenga

Re: Sorry to break it to you...
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »

I can see the financial reasons for this I really can.

I can also see it pisses people off.

As long we dont play them in the cup it is fine, I just dont want to go to any game involving FCUM.

As for the long term damage I can see if they play league games at Moss Lane we will lose alot of support. All the kids we are trying to attract will clearly go and see a more prosperous team with bigger crowds.

This deal does concern me a great deal for the long term future of Alty FC, but at this stage I can see the reason for doing it.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 12:56:17 PM »

Mark this date in your diary, when we are swallowed whole by FCUM in 3 or 4 years this will be the day our club died.

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »

Its like inviting a male model to live in your front room when you are having marital problems.  

Absolutly Ecky this one liner sums the whole situation up in a nut shell.

It was so good I've copied it in very big letters.

A very very short term gain.....certainly wouldn't get city or utd reserves back now and as you say...Alty V FCUM in the cup/trophy....who's at home?...who gets to play on the Saturay and who gets the Sunday match?

Conversely if FCUM go out first  in both...what's the big gain for a decision bound to upset the fans.

Can't we find some rockstars to hold a concert to raise money?...amy winehouse would be less controversial

There must be guarantees the male model lodger is not moving in permanently.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 01:05:45 PM »

Wait for a sign to be erected "Moss Lane, home of FCUM and Altrincham FC" and watch the letter of Altrincham drop off and we'll see what we're left with in a couple of years time.

Pickle

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 01:07:48 PM »

Like it or not this is the first step towards Altrincham United FC. I feel a debate coming...

Yeah right

Alty365

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 01:19:26 PM »

I'm sorry but this club has totally lost the plot.

Narcissist

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 01:22:04 PM »

This is nothing short of ridiculous!

What if we draw them away?

What if they go on a cup and trophy run and play 5 or 6 games at Moss Lane, one of which is televised? How many potential alty fans will be lost to the 'fans club'?

We dont need the money! Weigh up the potentially devastating effect this could have against a few grand that we have been fine without for the past forever and tell me this makes sense ???

I f**kING DESPAIR!

If some lad came along and said 'i'm here to take your job, whilst im here im having your mrs as well' would you do everything you could to keep him away or would you say 'well if you pay me enough you can have the spare room and go out with my mates as well!'

(I know thats just an extension of what ecky said)

Here's another great f**king nightmare scenario for our board to answer:

What if FCUM draw Leeds at home in the 1st round of the FA cup, or some other club with a firm on the lookout for a bit of fun. The ground gets trashed because every idiot associated with FCUM's big brother pops down for a scrap, its all over the media and we let it happen.

Who picks up the pieces? We f**king do with a family fun day to repair the stands.

Its blatantly obvious that the board come on here to see what the fans think about things, its also blatantly obvious that they dont give a flying f**k what they read.

If we get relegated we're only one league away from this shower, WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?????????????

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »

thinking about money to spend on everything but a decent playing budget  would have thought.

louise1925

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 01:26:03 PM »

Altrincham FC is now officially a complete laughing stock. For years I've believed. Now I've just given up. What the f**k is going on? Grahame Rowley, you're a decent man, can you please explain it all to us, because I think we are struggling.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »

Does anyone else think that all the goodwill from the fans towards the board has gone to their heads and they think they can do whatever they please?

Alty365

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »

The announcement of the friendly was bad enough, but to host their cup games next year, whatever the short-term financial benefit, is one of the worst business decisions ever taken by the club in my eyes. It has been stated on numerous occasions that they would see Moss Lane as an ideal permanent home and this latest development serves merely to fuel that idea further. If people cannot see the potential harm to the future of Altrincham F.C. then they need their heads testing.

doctorsax

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 01:43:24 PM »

Mark this date in your diary, when we are swallowed whole by FCUM in 3 or 4 years this will be the day our club died.

Get that notion out of your head. If that was put to the FCUM membership, I could guarantee a virtually unanimous vopte against it.
We were offered a buy-out of Leigh RMI when we formed two years ago, and turned it down, along with instant Conference status, because we are not in the business of taking over other people's football clubs, for obvious reasons.

Any sharing of Moss Lane, even if it does become for league games, will be a temporary measure, until we get our own ground sorted. We need that more than anything, and do not want to an Altrincham team, believe me

Alty365

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 01:44:45 PM »

Get that notion out of your head. If that was put to the FCUM membership, I could guarantee a virtually unanimous vopte against it.
We were offered a buy-out of Leigh RMI when we formed two years ago, and turned it down, along with instant Conference status, because we are not in the business of taking over other people's football clubs, for obvious reasons.

Any sharing of Moss Lane, even if it does become for league games, will be a temporary measure, until we get our own ground sorted. We need that more than anything, and do not want to an Altrincham team, believe me

God forbid you should have a ground and decent infrastructure in place before you achieve success on the pitch.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »

I never said FCUM would by out or merge with Alty, I just said it would be the death of the club. If we had FCUM playing at our place, doing well and getting big crowds who'd go and watch Alty huff and puff and lose 2-1 to Hinckley?!??!?

Personally FCUM should go and play as far away from Moss Lane as possible.

Alty365

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 01:52:08 PM »

Personally FCUM should go and play as far away from Moss Lane as possible.

Ideally somewhere in Manchester (and I mean "Manchester" not "Greater Manchester")
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...