PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FGR MATCH DAY THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: FGR MATCH DAY THREAD  (Read 29925 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FGR MATCH DAY THREAD
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »

Even a barmy sunny day in the sh*thole of the BSP couldnt cheer me up today... 147 super fans out sang the clones of FGR.... Styche is yet another tiresome whinging diving fkn toe rag who is out of the same mould of Tubbs Brodie Perry  etc etc

We never controlled the midfield (Probably mainly due to the absence of Connors) and the ball was flying about like a fkn out of control cruise missile looking for a target ...
We havent really played well against the teams around us this season (Somebody will now send me a stat that says different)  :D

We just werent at it today but fortunately all is not lost as we can still achieve the Great Escape but we need wins... I am now even more convinced that 50 Points has to be achieved to escape.. Hurry up and get fit Dale..
Well folks its off to Fleetwood now and start again to get back on a winning run .... See you there next Sat...
CMon you ALTY

B E L I E V E

brian1925

« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2011, 09:05:11 AM »

"Two dreadful sides separated by a brilliant goal from the only decent player on the pitch.." That's what a FGR fan said to me at the end and completely correct.
As others have said, I too dislike naming scapegoats, particularly after such an abject team performance, but I would appeal to Kenny never to select Twiss, Baynes or Beesley ever again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »

I think he would leave them out  but has no options at the minute

timbo13

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2011, 12:03:39 PM »

He does have youth team options, but as was shown at Newport away, Ken preferred to make no changes rather than take a chance on Woods or Kidd coming on as a replacement for one of the starting forwards, even when 2:1 down with 15 to play. In his heart he clearly didn't think they were a viable option

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2011, 02:33:43 PM »

Another bewildering gaffe in today's issue of the Non League Paper...

In their Team Of The Day, their selection as the goalkeeper is James Bittner of Forest Green Rovers.

Why?

By the sound of things from yesterday's debacle in Gloucestershire, Colin Peake could have played in goal for FGR and they would still have kept a clean sheet.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »

In their Team Of The Day, their selection as the goalkeeper is James Bittner of Forest Green Rovers.

Why?

By the sound of things from yesterday's debacle in Gloucestershire, Colin Peake could have played in goal for FGR and they would still have kept a clean sheet.

Never had  a save to make..caught two pearollers (word of the day) and three crosses/corners and that was it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2011, 04:56:39 PM »

Why?

He probably got selected in the time wasting wankers team of the day.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »

Probably for his part in the comedy fall out with one of his defenders just after Reeves failed to connect in front of an open goal. I thought for a minute they might come to blows.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »

Probably for his part in the comedy fall out with one of his defenders just after Reeves failed to connect in front of an open goal. I thought for a minute they might come to blows.

That was one of the oddest things I have seen in ages.  Defenders and keepers have words all the time...but I have never seen a defender say" I'm going to F***in knock you out in there" with such venom!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:19:57 PM by markecky »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »

Then NLP gave Goalkeeper of the day award to the FGR Keeper. I thought this very strange as I dont think he had a decent shot to save all game. However I thought his command of his area, particualrly at corners was very good.

andrewflynn

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2011, 08:38:37 PM »

He got 10/10 for joining in with the banter

Bath Alty

« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »

The mime in response to "where will you lay next year?" was quality

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2011, 11:47:24 AM »

Got to disagree about Baynes - after he came on he got to the byline three times in rapid succession, including the cross for the Reeves miss.  Maybe not brilliant but a class above Twiss and Beesley.

(just got back from Fgr this morning)

markecky

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2011, 12:23:32 PM »

Got to disagree about Baynes - after he came on he got to the byline three times in rapid succession, including the cross for the Reeves miss.  Maybe not brilliant but a class above Twiss and Beesley.

(just got back from Fgr this morning)

Fair enough. I'll bow to a more sensible opinion than mine.

Baynes has the potetial...no question.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FGR MATCH DAY THREAD