News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Letter to Messenger Editor.

Author Topic: Letter to Messenger Editor.  (Read 1744 times)

teasybeaver

« on: November 08, 2007, 03:08:36 PM »

I ask people to do the same and then forget about the matter, its become a complete scandal. I just hope Alty win and we get to continue our long PROUD history!!!

My letter to the editor:

Dear Editor,

I would just like to congratulate you on what is a classic piece of 'Lazy Journalism'. People are guaranteed to pick up and read now that you have used the 'fear factor' to greet their feet in the porch. "TOWN ON EDGE FOR FA CLASH", perfect, its refreshing to know that its not just the uninformed public who take the easy route of opinion when greeted with a aging stereotype!

Of course, you can argue that Millwall's reputation is worthy and real, however it would have been brave, interesting and in public interest to put the actual excitement of the game on the front page. Instead you have added to the already bloated over reaction and will surely only help in ensuring that the game has a poor attendance and a huge financial impact for Altrincham FC.

Millwall fans will now arrive in ghost town Altrincham feeling like they are truly unwelcome and the town will only suffer from its own ignorance. The game will pass without any incident, and not as a result of scaremongering in the media, and there will be no mention of the impact that this scaremongering will have on the atmosphere and possibly the result.

Dissapointed!

Christopher Edwards,
Altrincham Fan.

To contact the spineless fools:

sam.editorial@messengergrp.co.uk

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Letter to Messenger Editor.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »

This week's issue of the Messenger has already been placed in the cat's litter tray and he will treat it with the contempt it deserves in due course.

They should stick to the only thing they know how to do: run pages and pages of adverts by estate agents.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

Re: Letter to Messenger Editor.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »

Why didn't they just put TOWN READY FOR WAR
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team