PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 no half time bar ..........
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: no half time bar ..........  (Read 4487 times)

le bignose

« on: November 08, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »

FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 minutes to refresh and have a drink, of which many will not participate due to the usual large crowd that heads in the bar!!!

Is it really worth closing i ask !??!!

AGAIN ANOTHER POLICE INSTRUCTION!!! next they'll be saying the game should be played behind closed doors and a street ban to all altrincham resisdents!! actually i shouldnt have wrote that cos they might read this and think its a good idea !!!

OTT !!!!

baldrick

Re: no half time bar ..........
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:22:10 PM »

When i said police are responsible for 90% of trouble at football nobody on here believed me.

le bignose

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 02:29:56 PM »

i never thought about it to be honest but ask me again if i believe you now ............

totally over the top !! im so pee'd off its untrue!!!! i mean 15 minutes in the bar, what the hell is that going to cause!!!

didnt you say that the way police act and conduct things also gets people's backs' up!!!???!!! again  ask me if i believe you on that one ..........

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »

Do you believe me now bignose?

le bignose

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »

no ................ sh1t my nose just got bigger !!!!!!!!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 03:04:46 PM »

When i said police are responsible for 90% of trouble at football nobody on here believed me.

Being annoyed at a bar or pub being closed is one thing, but causing trouble or breaking the law because you don't like the fact its closed is quite another. 

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 03:08:21 PM »

The police are getting above themselves again.

I thought the police were there to uphold the law,

NOT TO CREATE NEW ONES as & when they choose.
 That's for the  Houses of Parliament isn't it ?

Ridiculous .

markecky

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »

I think it will save a lot of hassle though, how do you select the 120 that can get in from the 1800 standing fans?

Mind you the beer sales could have paid for the coppers I guess.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 03:17:40 PM »

Will the sale of programmes be allowed on Saturday?

After all, we could all remove the staple, create paper planes using the centre pages and then launch a synchronised squadron of them towards the Chequers End on Ecky's pre-arranged command.... 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »

Let's save all the drinking to celebrate another league scalp for after the game.

Will taste much sweeter then.

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

Bob......Yes but my point is there is no need to close the bar, no need to search people, no need to close a supermarket, no need to round people up like cattle and expect them to walk 2 miles out of their way to get to their car (this happened at Leicester a few years back), no need to delay people so they miss their train home and no need to assume all Millwall supporters are animals. As for which 120 people can get into the bar, first come first served seems to work for league games.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 03:34:07 PM »

Will the sale of programmes be allowed on Saturday?

After all, we could all remove the staple, create paper planes using the centre pages and then launch a synchronised squadron of them towards the Chequers End on Ecky's pre-arranged command.... 

Don't put that on here...I might get a visit from Her Majestys finest tonight and impounded for the weekend.  Mind you, the cells at Alty may be the only safe place on Saturday according to the Messenger. 

I've told my Mum to keep the cat in as well as she lives in Hale.

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 03:44:45 PM »

Will it really kill people to not drink at half time? It will make a nice change for all the fans to be on the terraces when the teams kick off for the second half. There were still people coming out of Kendal's bar 15 minutes into the second half!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 03:51:41 PM »

RIOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 03:53:10 PM »

Bob......Yes but my point is there is no need to close the bar, no need to search people, no need to close a supermarket, no need to round people up like cattle and expect them to walk 2 miles out of their way to get to their car (this happened at Leicester a few years back), no need to delay people so they miss their train home and no need to assume all Millwall supporters are animals. As for which 120 people can get into the bar, first come first served seems to work for league games.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with a lot of what you say, and I certainly think its wrong that Millwall fans have this reputation put on them.  The vast majority of them are certainly not animals.  I think the paranoia (not least in the local press) that has been built up about this game is ridiculous.

My point is that the people who are to blame for trouble breaking out at a football match are not the police , but the people who actually commit the offences.  If people feel a need to invade the pitch, or throw a missile, or start a fight, that is their responsibility.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team