News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 millwall fan on saturdays game

Author Topic: millwall fan on saturdays game  (Read 3642 times)

mfc_ant

« on: November 07, 2007, 11:14:31 AM »

Just read somthing on a local site saying that even the local tescos are considering shutting for the day due to millwall coming to town. http://www.thisistrafford.co.uk/display.var.1813692.0.altrincham_supermarket_could_close_for_lions_invasion.phpn
I can honestly say thats the most silly thing ive heard in regards to millwall for a long time.

Before yesturdays game we had sold 120 which i expect to rise to around 450-500 if we're lucky, new managers first game might boost numbers but who knows.
Anyway i can esure you any one looking for trouble will not bother to make the journey to Altrincham, every fan there will be a genuwine millwall fan hoping to see our first away win of the season.
I know i cant change the millwall reputation but it will be a real shame if some of you decide not to go, especially as i rekon you've got a great chance of making it to the second round if things go well for you.
With what ive read there will be a huge police prescence (about 3 to every 1 millwall fan) which is a shame, hopefully neither set of fans will let that ruin there day like it has on previous F.A cup days when millwall have traveled to so called "small clubs", like last year when havant and waterloosville were told they had to play the game at pourtsmouth to cater for the 1500 millwall they were expecting, about 250 showed up lol. At least you havnt had to change ground.
Any way back to saturday, get as many people down as you can as i think it will be a good, tight game.
 although i expect us to win by one goal i hope it will be a game that both sets of supporters can remember for the right reasons.
How do you rate your chances on saturday, niether team has good form coming into the game but we all know the form book goes out the window when it comes to FA Cup.
mfc_ant

DarrenH

Re: millwall fan on saturdays game
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:34:02 AM »

Well said Ant.
The general consensus is that the town are going a little crazy over the potential for trouble.
I sincerely hope you are all made to feel welcome in Alty and enjoy your day out.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »

Some classic replys posted already.................

Posted by: you ain't seen nothing yet!!, south london on 11:28am today
shame i was looking forward to taking advantage of the buy one get one free cucumbers offer to both attack the local males and use as a sex aid on the local women.
shame i was looking forward to taking advantage of the buy one get one free cucumbers offer to both attack the local males and use as a sex aid on the local women.Quote | Report this post
Come on you red and white........

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 12:00:04 PM »

I'm glad they aren't opening.

I've heard rumours of pink grapefruits being sling-shotted at opposing fans from tesco value bra's in the past!

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »

If they don't open can we use their car park? I find it very annoying when people who want to use a pub or go to football can't find a parking space in Tesco due to inconsiderate people who want to go shopping.

DarrenH

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 12:21:21 PM »

There should be some kind of boycott of Tesco's by people in Altrincham even if it is just for this weekend. Let them do what they want but when people stop buying then they will think about it.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 01:34:52 PM »

Well said Ant, we are amazed at some peoples reactions, it is totally crazy.

Alty-Senny

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 04:07:50 PM »

well said and it should be a great game

Monty

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »

Coming up with my brother, and looking forward to it.  Basing ourselves in Manchester though, a quick bite in Al Faisal to set us up for the match then off to the Beer House and Marble Arch afterwards.

When's the replay anyway?

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 09:44:34 PM »

I might be mistaken but i thought the beer house closed down.

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 09:58:18 PM »

Monty

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 12:32:42 AM »

Thanks lads, it had gone downhill since the old landlady decamped to the Crescent, mind you that must be nearly ten years ago now

It'll have to be Velvet on canal street - or don't tell me that's gone as well/

louise1925

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »

Might sound a bit silly, but could there be some kind of gesture between chosen fans from each club before kick off, so that the faint-hearted will see there is no animosity at all. No silly responses to the word 'gesture' please!

baldrick

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »

How about a fans football match. Possibly a bit short notice but i know Millwall fans have several five a side teams.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team