News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pointless Northwich

Author Topic: Pointless Northwich  (Read 1698 times)

Eatmygoal

Pointless Northwich
« on: February 15, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »

The statement reads, 'Following the recent announcement that a company (Thor Specialities (UK) Ltd) has bought the Victoria Stadium, a meeting took place on Monday with representatives from Cheshire FA, Cheshire West and Chester Council (CWAC), the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League, the Football Stadium Improvement Fund, Sport England and Northwich Victoria Football Club. This meeting was purely a fact-finding one about the current situation. The main outcome was that further meetings would be required in the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, the football club will continue to work on sourcing a suitable ground to host home matches between now and the end of the current season'".

Is this all to do with the slow, painful and inevitable death of Northwich Vic? If only rangers had their stubborn approach.

I've had a meeting with my Wife every night, and we have decided that further meetings are needed over the coming years, in the mean time we'll carry on meeting until such a time as the meetings can't take place. We'll also invite members of other organisations to come to said meetings in order to waste their time, drink coffee, and come to an outcome that is completely pointless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:51:00 PM by Eatmygoal »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pointless Northwich
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »

I'd say a meeting is required in this instance

bumble

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »

I'd say a meeting is required in this instance

I think they should organise a meeting to decide where the meeting will be held

But then they'll need a meeting to decide who will decide who will attend the meeting

But that's a big job, so probably best to have a meeting to decide who'll make this decision...

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »

I think in this instance they are dipping their toe into the water to see who they can try and get on-board, initially to prevent the sale of the football ground and secondly to assist with the way forward on another ground.

Some of their fans have gone into print saying Sport England won't allow the sale..........now what Sport England do do is try and prevent the destruction of playing fields where sport occurs, however I believe this is community type areas and they don't get involved with for-profit businesses or professional sporting associations
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »

That club can't even DIE with dignity  >:(
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pointless Northwich