PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey leaves Chester?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jim Harvey leaves Chester?  (Read 5169 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Come on Alty!

markecky

Re: Jim Harvey leaves Chester?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »

Is there a Chester to leave?  Its so sad what is happening to them down there.

If it was me I would boycott it now, there is not future for them other than AFC Chester

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »

Vaughan and his cronies are just an absolute bunch of arseholes. It stinks what they've done to that club.
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:52:43 PM »

Vaughan and his cronies are just an absolute bunch of arseholes. It stinks what they've done to that club.

Careful, ALTY 1981.

You just might have to go into a witness protection scheme if Mister Vaughan reads those comments...!

I could never understand why Jim Harvey ever set foot in that club in the first place.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »

Careful, ALTY 1981.

You just might have to go into a witness protection scheme if Mister Vaughan reads those comments...!

I could never understand why Jim Harvey ever set foot in that club in the first place.

To be fair, he did his "joke club" apprenticeship at Forest Green so he's probably used to it.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:48:10 PM »

Careful, ALTY 1981.

But when do the Vaughan & his boys go on the WITLESS protection scheme?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »

Careful, ALTY 1981. You just might have to go into a witness protection scheme if Mister Vaughan reads those comments...! I could never understand why Jim Harvey ever set foot in that club in the first place.

According to my excellent source at the Deva (who I met in the paper shop this morning!) he's just sold his house in Hereford and was desperate to make the job work at Chester because he wants to live in the (general/commuting) area where his kids go to school. He was hoping for the Tranmere job which would, for him, have been the dream scenario but is still hoping to get in at Kiddie - which, ironically, would now give him a commute the other way.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:28:04 PM »

I think it's looking increasingly likely that we will lose the 4 points we won from them.

The BSP will try their hardest to find a way for them to carry on, but I think the end is just around the corner.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:53:29 PM »

Chester will definitely see the season out. The latest rumour is that all the current squad can go as soon as they can find themselves a club and the season will be played out under the 'stewardship' of Maison who will bus in youngsters to form the team from his midlands 'centre of excellence' (wherever that it!) and re-group at the end of the season.

Some local thinking is that that will provide the breathing space for Ladak to clear the decks at Kettering so that he can move to Chester but this latter rumour seems to be a little less well supported. (I wouldn't bet against it though).

All in all however it's a GREAT time to be an Alty fan - and a conspicuous one - in the Chester/Wrexham area!  :D :D :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »

Chester will do what Weymouth did last season and basically be a gimme for most teams who come up against them from now on.

They never should have started this season, but the powers that be are too proud to admit they lashed it up good and proper!
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »

Chester will do what Weymouth did last season and basically be a gimme for most teams who come up against them from now on.

They never should have started this season, but the powers that be are too proud to admit they lashed it up good and proper!

Dennis "Braindead" Strudwick strikes again.

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 09:33:29 PM »

and once more the BSP / Conference is made to a look very foolish, a laughing stock. Clubs putting boys out against men is utterly farcical. 

CCFC R.I.P.

fgrfan

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »

Careful, ALTY 1981.

To be fair, he did his "joke club" apprenticeship at Forest Green so he's probably used to it.

And he succeeded!! Highest ever league finish of 8th, built a squad of top quality players that are now filling Football League and top of the table Conference sides. Made profits from selling Stuart Fleetwood for £150k, Mark Beesley for £40k as well as Simon Clist for a nominal fee to Oxford.

Got us to the 2nd round of the FA Cup and then to the 3rd round where it took Derby County a stoppage time penalty to knock us out in a 4-3 defeat. He then applied for numerous jobs without the permission of the club and got himself the sack so he could spend time at the well run outfit at the Deva Stadium. In fact he was so desperate for the Chester job if he had left himself an extra 24 hours then he'd be in charge at Luton and not unemployed like he is now following his involvement with Chester. Tremendous manager but from a nice secure job at The New Lawn his own personal objectives have seen him suddenly thrown in to a few months of turmoil. He'll be at Kidderminster no doubt next - lets see if he can make it in to his dream job in the Football League.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 10:19:02 PM »

Highest ever league finish of 8th, built a squad of top quality players that are now filling Football League and top of the table Conference sides.

How did this squad of "top quality players" only manage to finish 8th?
Come on Alty!

fgrfan

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 10:28:26 PM »

Highest ever league finish of 8th, built a squad of top quality players that are now filling Football League and top of the table Conference sides.

How did this squad of "top quality players" only manage to finish 8th?

Because we spent hours passing the ball sideways instead of shooting. No joke. How Fleetwood bagged 40 odd I have no idea! Jim knew how to play the Football League way but didn't enjoy signing on the physical six footers that win you Conference matches - thats why we had such a fantastic record against Football League sides in the FA cup and pre season games. But if you see some of the names, where they are now and how quickly they have departed the New Lawn then its no wonder we're now using a mixture of college and former Football League youngsters each week:

Simon Clist - Oxford, Lee Fowler - Oxford, Alex Lawless - York, Stuart Fleetwood - Charlton (Exeter on loan), Mark Beesley - Cambridge Utd, Darren Jones - Hereford Utd, Michael Brough - Torquay (Mansfield on loan) etc. Apologies for using your forum for reminiscing of the good times!!

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey leaves Chester?