PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTRINCHAM'S INJURY CRISIS
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ALTRINCHAM'S INJURY CRISIS  (Read 5176 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »

ALTY'S INJURY CRISIS
Brian Flynn, Alty's joint Press Officer writes:
"A single point from Saturday’s home game with Gateshead and Tuesday night’s trip to Barrow, leaves Altrincham effectively four points from safety with just eleven games left until the season closes on the last day of April. A very difficult position is heavily compounded by a looming injury crisis that has left manager Ken McKenna wondering what sort of team he is going to be able to put out in South Wales on Saturday, when the Robins make their playing debut at Newport County.

Already without five players, the reverse, in windswept Cumbria, cost Alty more than just three points as three further injuries were sustained. Greg Young (ankle), Steve Connors (groin) and Nicky Clee are all doubtful for Saturday, meaning that the Robins’ manager may have just a dozen fit players,including two goalkeepers, going into a week where the team have nine points to play for.

The Altrincham manager conceded that Barrow deserved victory in windswept Cumbria as the Robins produced a lacklustre second half display in front of a live TV audience. 'We let them have the ball in the first half and kept it tight until half-time, but were let down by poor organisation at the start of the second half….it was a great goal that they scored, but I was disappointed by our response to going behind. When we were looking for leaders, some heads dropped and our energy levels were low until the last few minutes, when we did finally put them under some pressure.Survival is still very much in our own hands and we have to get ourselves back up quickly for Newport on Saturday'.

Altrincham have a massive game on Tuesday when Forest Green Rovers are the visitors for a 7.45pm Kick Off at Moss Lane.

@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ALTRINCHAM'S INJURY CRISIS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »

Best get on the phone to rod thornley and colin little,aswell as trawling the unattached lists and lower leagues for anyone who wants a chance to put themselves in the shop window for 12 games

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »

I still think we have the players to get us out of this hole.
BELIEVE

bigcol

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:02:07 PM »

It just gets worse. 12 fit players?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »

We need to take a gamble on some of these unattached out of work footballers and offer them the chance of 12 weeks of conference football,offer them a peppercorn amount for something that is mutually beneficial two both parties.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 09:42:37 PM »

Right, think we got a grand from Barrow being televised and must have made a good few hundred from bark takings yes? That should be enough to get someone. We will not stay up without another striker.

We didnt get any money from the TV coverage and the bar takings will have been about £500 tops..

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »

Right, think we got a grand from Barrow being televised and must have made a good few hundred from bark takings yes? That should be enough to get someone. We will not stay up without another striker.

We didnt get any money from the TV coverage and the bar takings will have been about £500 tops..

£1000 for the tv coverage i heard Barrow get £5000
@AltyDaz

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »

Time for sh*t or bust in my opinion, if we get relegated I can't see us getting back into the Blue Square Premier for a three or four seasons.

Any free agents we do sign should be on a pay-per-points basis: £100 a loss, £300 a draw, £1000 a win.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 09:59:10 PM »

Time for sh*t or bust in my opinion, if we get relegated I can't see us getting back into the Blue Square Premier for a three or four seasons.

Any free agents we do sign should be on a pay-per-points basis: £100 a loss, £300 a draw, £1000 a win.

totally agree be very hard to get back up

bigcol

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »

Better hurry up - I'm pretty sure the free transfer & loan deadlines are in the next 2 weeks or so.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »

Just out of interest, without knowing who the manager or who the players will be next season, how do you know it will be hard to get back up?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »

There will be some big and possibly big spending clubs in the bsn, of course i have no idea who our  manager or players will be, but the likes of telford , boston , nuneaton and with halifax coming up, could make it tough and only one automatic promotion spot.

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »

Just out of interest, without knowing who the manager or who the players will be next season, how do you know it will be hard to get back up?

I'm basing this purely on the fact that in the 5 seasons since the introduction of the conference north in 2004/2005, only one team relegated from the conference has bounced back at the first attempt - Northwich Vics (2006)

Clubs such as Stafford and Droylsden haven't looked like getting promoted back to the conference national, while other clubs such as Scarborough, Farsley and Leigh have pretty much gone bust or just dropped off completely.

On a more positive note, the two teams relegated in 2007 were fairly quick to regain conference national status: Tamworth (taking 2 seasons) and Southport (taking 3 seasons).

Eitherway, it's not something nice to think about and if we can win four of our last six home games, plus pick up a couple of draws home and away, i think we can still stay up.

Butty

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »

I know the name's been thrown about on here before, but I'm wondering if Febian Brandy is still unattatched?

RocketDan

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 10:49:38 PM »

I know the name's been thrown about on here before, but I'm wondering if Febian Brandy is still unattatched?

Just signed for Notts County until the end of the current season
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team