https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Agm ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Agm ?  (Read 11111 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Agm ?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 02:18:30 AM »

The direction this post has taken, initiated, not surprisingly, by Jamie (Dick the Dormouse) Newhall is precisely what the whole problem boils down to IMHO

Mr Foden IS NOT a Board Member and,NOT ONE of the Board Members indicated that they want to "control" the forum. In fact a senior board member spoke in support of a responsible forum i.e. One where more people felt inclined to contribute suggestions etc. It does appear though that people are disinclined to even read it, never mind contribute because they are heartily hacked off with it being a litany of individuals. many with personal agendas in no way linked to the Football Club making a noise and making sure that their self important egos are regularly stroked.

Jamie, please look beyond your own Mirror, spare a thought for those of us who actually want the Club to succeed, get behind the team, management, board and the majority of fans who are bored with your self important drivel

I didn't realise this was discussing the AGM of the ladies team. Please can you direct me to where I may find the non-recreational side of the club?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 06:33:56 AM »

I'm on the verge of locking this thread.

There's too much personal abuse involved. I'm perplexed that im going to have to explain why once I've reviewed it properly.

Anyone have any thoughts on the important stuff said at the AGM?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:36:21 AM by L'Homme du Sport »

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »

The direction this post has taken, initiated, not surprisingly, by Jamie (Dick the Dormouse) Newhall is precisely what the whole problem boils down to IMHO
I have to agree. It's trying to stir up sh*t, where none is present. "Something you can buy at a butchers", if you weren't there to hear the limited discussion, why make stuff up?  What's the point and what's your agenda?

bumble

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 08:44:42 AM »

Pukkapieman, I think you are being a tad disingenuous. Your first point i believe was along the lines of what do the board propose to do about controlling the forum, in line with negative and abuse posts are on there.
Untrue, I asked what plans the club have to the address social media profile of the club. Andrew Shaw immediately assumed that I was referring to the forum and sprang to its defence!
I actually stated I knew the club had nothing to do with the forum and the debate was amongst some of the fans present.

The clubs social media at present has nothing to with the club. If you're referring to posts by fans on their personal social media, there is little the club can do.

We occasionally report or block abuse that is directed to the clubs social media feeds if the language is deemed inappropriate for Facebook, but as a whole we tend to let fans reply good or bad because it's an emotive sport. (We also block spam but that's a different thing)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 09:37:48 AM »

If a forum topic turns abusive then fair enough if the mode step in.
I don't think though that the fans forum of a non league football club is quite yet ready for a dictatorial "Stasis" type moderation by a few posters who get upset when somebody speaks out against the club.

I don't really know Jamie and I don't always agree with some of his posts but what I will say about him is, if the players had as much passion in their belly as he has about the club then maybe we wouldn't be bottom of the league.

Phil, you always stick to the party line which is admirable, however it is not always the right way,
Slagging folk off because they dare to criticise the club in some way is also unfair, as contributors to the football club either by admission fee or otherwise does give people the right to express an opinion.

If people keep banging on about the situation for a long time then it is because the situation has been sh*tty for a long time.

Here endeth

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 09:46:05 AM »

Pukkapieman, I think you are being a tad disingenuous. Your first point i believe was along the lines of what do the board propose to do about controlling the forum, in line with negative and abuse posts are on there.
Untrue, I asked what plans the club have to the address social media profile of the club. Andrew Shaw immediately assumed that I was referring to the forum and sprang to its defence!
I actually stated I knew the club had nothing to do with the forum and the debate was amongst some of the fans present.

.........If you're referring to posts by fans on their personal social media, there is little the club can do.........

FFS. I give up.

Clearly this thread is aquiring a life and subject matter all its own. It has nothing whatever to do with the AGM but everything with people wanting to air personal grievances and pick arguments for the sake of it.

Very sad.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 09:51:12 AM »

I'm on the verge of locking this thread.

There's too much personal abuse involved. I'm perplexed that im going to have to explain why once I've reviewed it properly.

Anyone have any thoughts on the important stuff said at the AGM?

18 posts and only the 1st 3 had any relevance to the AGM before the snipeing came out.

I didnt attend the AGM, but I thought the outcome was very positive with a number of things addressed such as the John Edwards Q&A. 

The board has been critisised for communication previously - but within 3 hours of the meeting finishing there was a full and comprehensive report on the website informing all of what was said. 

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 11:40:56 AM »

Its just plain daft to start a new thread. As others of said, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I find it more intimidating that the response to someone who has an agenda or an opinion that might be considered divisive or controversial is to call them out personally and tell them its not wanted and they should change their ways. If someones plain wrong, put them right. If someone's not saying what you want them to say grow up and work out how to help them see your point of view sensibly.

Back to the AGM, I wonder if the lack of response is because people are waiting for action over words or is it that they are waiting to see what was said at the TASC meeting last night?

Surely social media control and the forum didn't overshadow all of the messages that came out of the AGM?

Do we know if munites of last nights TASC meeting will be made available?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »

If a forum topic turns abusive then fair enough if the mode step in.
I don't think though that the fans forum of a non league football club is quite yet ready for a dictatorial "Stasis" type moderation by a few posters who get upset when somebody speaks out against the club.

I don't really know Jamie and I don't always agree with some of his posts but what I will say about him is, if the players had as much passion in their belly as he has about the club then maybe we wouldn't be bottom of the league.

Phil, you always stick to the party line which is admirable, however it is not always the right way,
Slagging folk off because they dare to criticise the club in some way is also unfair, as contributors to the football club either by admission fee or otherwise does give people the right to express an opinion.

If people keep banging on about the situation for a long time then it is because the situation has been sh*tty for a long time.

Here endeth

Excellent post

bumble

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 11:58:21 AM »

Its just plain daft to start a new thread. As others of said, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I find it more intimidating that the response to someone who has an agenda or an opinion that might be considered divisive or controversial is to call them out personally and tell them its not wanted and they should change their ways. If someones plain wrong, put them right. If someone's not saying what you want them to say grow up and work out how to help them see your point of view sensibly.

Back to the AGM, I wonder if the lack of response is because people are waiting for action over words or is it that they are waiting to see what was said at the TASC meeting last night?

Surely social media control and the forum didn't overshadow all of the messages that came out of the AGM?

Do we know if munites of last nights TASC meeting will be made available?

I'm going to do a write up after each meeting rather than minutes. This is because tasc stopped publishing minutes on the feedback that it felt like a committee. It's not a committee meeting, it's a group of alty fans having a beer discussing a list of ideas.

There are plans to improve TASC - details of which - will be on a new thread and the website.

bumble

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 12:09:39 PM »

As for the AGM, certainly the right noises are being made in that meeting. For the first time in a while, I do feel me ideas and suggestions are getting listened to (and put into action by the board)

Whether this continues or not we will have to see, but it's better than it has been.

A lot of work is needed, but it's the start of bridges being built.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »

The clubs social media at present has nothing to with the club. If you're referring to posts by fans on their personal social media, there is little the club can do.

We occasionally report or block abuse that is directed to the clubs social media feeds if the language is deemed inappropriate for Facebook, but as a whole we tend to let fans reply good or bad because it's an emotive sport. (We also block spam but that's a different thing)

Jack....the club's social media at all times has everything to do with the club. How could that not be the case?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:38:20 PM by Brian Flynn »

bumble

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:26 PM »

Jack....the club's social media at all times has everything to do with the club. How could that not be the case?

I meant it isn't posted by the board (and what people in this instance are referring to as the club)... Perhaps I wasn't clear in what I said.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »

I meant it isn't posted by the board (and what people in this instance are referring to as the club)... Perhaps I wasn't clear in what I said.

Thanks for clarifying what you meant, Jack.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

Can I just quickly say that I thought it was a good statement? Thanks to those involved.

It's clear that everybody is hurting and mistakes have been made (and owned up to) - things will get better, even if it means dropping another level in the short-term.

Also - I enjoy drinking in the CSH and marvel how that side of the matchday 'experience' is wonderful compared to where we were a few years ago (just a shame the stuff on the pitch isn't!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Agm ?