News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Eastleigh and World Snooker Championship

Author Topic: Alty v Eastleigh and World Snooker Championship  (Read 3622 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 05, 2021, 07:52:38 AM »

I may have missed the explanation being given, but I’m struggling to celebrate the 980 capacity attendance at the Crucible in Sheffield for the final of the World Snooker Championship. It’s takes place indoors and is by no means the biggest indoor arena there is in the UK.
It could be labelled a “test” event as some kind of justification of it being allowed to take place, but I doubt that is of little comfort to the many clubs of whatever sport who have either really struggled because of the covid restrictions, or even worse gone to the wall.
Can anyone inform me of the official justification for this event taking place? We can’t even sit inside at the George and watch Alty on the telly in the company of fellow fans.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty v Eastleigh and World Snooker Championship
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 09:13:12 AM »

They all had to take a Covid test before they were allowed in and again 5 days later. A bit of a faff for a football sized crowd. Personally, I shall wait until I don't need to be tested whether that is against Torquay or next season.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 11:45:10 AM »

They all had to take a Covid test before they were allowed in and again 5 days later. A bit of a faff for a football sized crowd. Personally, I shall wait until I don't need to be tested whether that is against Torquay or next season.
I see. Be nice to be given the same option. Nobody's being forced to go. Some, like your good self wouldn't take up the option. Others would. Just saying.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 11:48:25 AM »

I see. Be nice to be given the same option. Nobody's being forced to go. Some, like your good self wouldn't take up the option. Others would. Just saying.

I am testing twice a week, have been for months. The lateral flow tests are very quick to do, though yes in bulk they are a faff.

Come on Alty.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 08:54:38 PM »

There has been a grand total of zero verified cases caught outside so far! (according to a professor of public health I heard interviewed recently) and never any spike in cases from outside crowds like BLM marches, those enjoying the beaches etc

If you don't want to go watch your club or get out in any group of people, then don't, but at least we should have a choice by now!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 10:30:37 PM »

I'm not saying I don't want to go. I'm saying given the current crap performances I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops. When the opportunity arises I shall reevaluate the situation.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 08:41:46 AM »

I'm not saying I don't want to go. I'm saying given the current crap performances I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops. When the opportunity arises I shall reevaluate the situation.

At this point I'd like to see a game, I havent benefit from having mates who can get me a ticket, a podcast press pass, or a yellow jacket.

15 months coming on 16 month since I've seen Altrincham play a competitive fixture.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »

At this point I'd like to see a game, I havent benefit from having mates who can get me a ticket, a podcast press pass, or a yellow jacket.

15 months coming on 16 month since I've seen Altrincham play a competitive fixture.
I get your drift Hashtag. I’d like to get inside the ground just to see familiar surroundings again and see people in that environment I haven’t seen since March 2020 v Spennymoor. The game is almost incidental.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team